The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: General What-If thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:33 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:What if Black had his potential unlocked by Guru?
What if before killing the Earthlings of the Future Earth, Goku Black had married Future Bulma?
Bulma would never agree to such a thing.
1) What if Merged Zamasu wasn't Immortal?

2) Could he have had survived the same 10X Kamehameha and Dragon Fist combo Super Saiyan 4 Goku tried to finish Omega Shenron with?

3) What if Goku could form a Spirit Bomb as instantaneous as his Instant Transmission?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if before killing the Earthlings of the Future Earth, Goku Black had married Future Bulma?
Bulma would never agree to such a thing.

2) Could he have had survived the same 10X Kamehameha and Dragon Fist combo Super Saiyan 4 Goku tried to finish Omega Shenron with?

3) What if Goku could form a Spirit Bomb as instantaneous as his Instant Transmission?
1) Goku would deal far more damage to him, and Vegetto's Final Kamehameha would end him.

2) He would barely feel it.

3) Vegeta would be dead, Frieza would be dead, Cell would be dead, Buu would be dead.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:35 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Bulma would never agree to such a thing.

1) Goku would deal far more damage to him, and Vegetto's Final Kamehameha would end him.

2) He would barely feel it.

3) Vegeta would be dead, Frieza would be dead, Cell would be dead, Buu would be dead.
4) Would this have been a better ending?

5) If Super Saiyan 4 Goku had used all of power, Merged Zamasu would have been destroyed by the 10x Dragon Kamehameha.

6) How about in Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super?

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:53 pm

What if Vegeta attained SSJ3 in the afterlife? LOL.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:20 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) What if Merged Zamasu wasn't Immortal?

1- Killed by vegetto blue easily, hell Goku's limb sacrificing Kamehameha would have heavily injured him

2- gt.. don't remember don't care

3- Every enemy would have been dead until berrus

4- nope, trunks finishing him was best, but the execution was terrible
Big Green The Yoshi wrote:What if Vegeta attained SSJ3 in the afterlife? LOL.
His hair would be bigger than he is
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:

1- Killed by vegetto blue easily, hell Goku's limb sacrificing Kamehameha would have heavily injured him

5) What if during the Cell Games, there were two Teen Gohans? Like having the side of the son of Goku shown upon awakening into a Super Saiyan 2 gain sentience and then split himself from the original, creating a perfect fission, after Teen Gohan had stopped trying to fight Perfect Form Cell?

6) What if this had happened just when Majin Spopovich was going to beat down Videl?

7) What if a Dark Dragon Ball merged with Vegeta, when Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Frieza were still at full power during Resurrection of F?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If Super Saiyan 4 Goku had used all of power, Merged Zamasu would have been destroyed by the 10x Dragon Kamehameha.
So you may think that SSJ4 is stronger than SSJB and consequently a SSJB Vegetto?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

5) What if during the Cell Games, there were two Teen Gohans? Like having the side of the son of Goku shown upon awakening into a Super Saiyan 2 gain sentience and then split himself from the original, creating a perfect fission, after Teen Gohan had stopped trying to fight Perfect Form Cell?

6) What if this had happened just when Majin Spopovich was going to beat down Videl?

7) What if a Dark Dragon Ball merged with Vegeta, when Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Frieza were still at full power during Resurrection of F?
If it's Perfect fission happening I would assume both have same composition and same potential as the original after fission

5- Both gohan would have faught cell, the Saiyan side would fight to beat him to pulp and the Gohan side would deal the finishing blow when goku told to, cell dies..
It would be like being twins, one likes to fight other likes peace..
But both work totally in sync..

6- Spopovich dies and it goes same until potential unlock as even if Saiyan gohan trains alone as goku is not there, he won't be powerful enough to beat buu. Gohan's get crubstomped..
Then both gohan have potential unlocked as gohan can't just sit there and do nothing in case Saiyan gohan isn't enough to beat buu..
Buu dies, two ultimate gohan are a bit too much..

7- dark Dragonball? Black star I suppose..
Gt, don't remember don't care..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 pm

What if Goten and Trunks got their potential unlocked by Old Kai?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Noah wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If Super Saiyan 4 Goku had used all of power, Merged Zamasu would have been destroyed by the 10x Dragon Kamehameha.
So you may think that SSJ4 is stronger than SSJB and consequently a SSJB Vegetto?
While the former helps in making more significant gains than Super Saiyan Blue, you are gravely underestimating how much damage the Dragon Fist technique can do when it is combined at full power with the 10x Kamehameha of a SSJ4.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:What if Goten and Trunks got their potential unlocked by Old Kai?
They'd be in the same tier as the adult SSJ2s. The two of them together could give Fat Buu a run for his money even without fusion, though ultimately they wouldn't be able to win. Goten would also end up slightly stronger than Trunks.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:25 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
They'd be in the same tier as the adult SSJ2s. The two of them together could give Fat Buu a run for his money even without fusion, though ultimately they wouldn't be able to win. Goten would also end up slightly stronger than Trunks.
Yeah, that's what I assumed too. I think the trade off for them being so strong right off the bat is that they have a lot less in the tank than Gohan.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Yeah, that's what I assumed too. I think the trade off for them being so strong right off the bat is that they have a lot less in the tank than Gohan.
Interestingly, assuming the fusion multiplier stays the same I don't think Gotenks himself would end up massively more powerful. Gotenks' rate of improvement in the time chamber was pretty disproportionate compared to the kids, especially since he also obtained SSJ3 while the kids could only use SSJ.

So if they got unlocked instead going to the time chamber, Gotenks likely wouldn't be too much stronger than his Post RoSAT self.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:32 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: They'd be in the same tier as the adult SSJ2s. The two of them together could give Fat Buu a run for his money even without fusion, though ultimately they wouldn't be able to win. Goten would also end up slightly stronger than Trunks.
Interestingly, assuming the fusion multiplier stays the same I don't think Gotenks himself would end up massively more powerful. Gotenks' rate of improvement in the time chamber was pretty disproportionate compared to the kids, especially since he also obtained SSJ3 while the kids could only use SSJ.

So if they got unlocked instead going to the time chamber, Gotenks likely wouldn't be too much stronger than his Post RoSAT self.
Probably not, it's pretty obvious that Gotenks' growth rate is a completely independent thing from either Goten or Trunks. If they were in any way tied, the brats would've gotten many times stronger individually which clearly wasn't the case.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:53 pm

I think Gotenks is more of a multiplicative power up. So small powerups for goten and trunks would lead to even bigger difference in Gotenks strength.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:14 pm

1. What if Monaka was truly a super badass that fought Beerus all thoss years ago? How would the events have played from Universe 6 arc to Zamasu arc?
2. What if Hit helped Goku, Vegeta, and F. Trunks go against Black and Zamasu during the arc?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:1. What if Monaka was truly a super badass that fought Beerus all thoss years ago? How would the events have played from Universe 6 arc to Zamasu arc?
In the U6 tournament, Monoka powers up and defeats Hit in one punch. Everyone loses their shit. It will be hilarious!

But Monoka is still a truck driver by trade, and doesn't fight if he doesn't feel like it, so Beers still has to fill in for Monoka against Goku, and Monoka was on the other side of the galaxy when the Zamasu arc starts. Lastly, he had a big stomach ache from eating too much meat, so he can't participate in the Universe Survival Arc.
What if Hit helped Goku, Vegeta, and F. Trunks go against Black and Zamasu during the arc?
There's too many god level opponents at that point, I"m sure with Hit's help Black would be killed, but they'd need some way still to beat Zamasu since Goku forgot the Evil seal for the jar.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I used to think they would easily reach the level of Super Vegetto.

Now that Super reveals Trunks' potential is closer to a f#@%ing Super Saiyan God Vegetto and his new form still isn't even close to unlocking everything, I say they'd surpass Beerus and Whis.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:45 pm

nickzambuto wrote:

Now that Super reveals Trunks' potential is closer to a f#@%ing Super Saiyan God Vegetto and his new form still isn't even close to unlocking everything, I say they'd surpass Beerus and Whis.
Just because Trunks was able to obtain that level of power at 30 doesn't mean he has it available as a 7 year old.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:49 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:

Just because Trunks was able to obtain that level of power at 30 doesn't mean he has it available as a 7 year old.
Old Kai's potential unlock is meant to unlock all the power you will ever get and then some regardless of your age.