"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:47 am

TheMikado wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
I'm fully expecting Toei to make Broly canon the same way they made Tarble, through casual mention.

Upon seeing her transform into the LSSJ Goku remarks that he's unimpressed as he fought and defeated the LSSJ of his own universe (queue movie 8 clips). BOOM Broly is officially canon. Hahahahaha
Remember, it's a double-edged sword. They could react as if she's something completely new, ergo, Movie 8 never happened.
Half the battle has already been won just by making LSSJ canon. Movie 8 being canon would just be the sweet salty icing on the cake.
You mean half the battle has been lost :D

Also, keep in mind we don't even know if that form is called LSSj. In the canon continuity there is no such thing as a LSSj, so I'm leaning more towards a different evolutionary path of Saiyans from the other universe, with a transformation that looks just like LSSj Broly.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 am

buutenks wrote:
Oh speaking of canon, if they make Movie 8 canon, that means that galaxy busting feat is also canon hehe. Buu saga characters get some upgrades.
If they make one movie be included in the main story then surely they must include all the movies.

Maybe we might see other versions of movie characters like Lord slug or Cooler. Cooler and Lord Slug versions would make sense as maybe Frost went and trained with the Cooler lookalike and Lord Slug becuase of there must be a Planet Namek in universe 6.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:58 am

Saturnine wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Remember, it's a double-edged sword. They could react as if she's something completely new, ergo, Movie 8 never happened.
Half the battle has already been won just by making LSSJ canon. Movie 8 being canon would just be the sweet salty icing on the cake.
You mean half the battle has been lost :D

Also, keep in mind we don't even know if that form is called LSSj. In the canon continuity there is no such thing as a LSSj, so I'm leaning more towards a different evolutionary path of Saiyans from the other universe, with a transformation that looks just like LSSj Broly.
I don't see how it's half lost when it supposedly didn't exist at all. No one really cares what it's called or how it functions too much, just its sheer existing in canon media is enough to piss off all the haters. And we still don't know how far Toei is going to take it, but anyone who have enjoyed that transformation visually just won, and those who didn't just lost. Hard.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:FUNi should get Troy Baker to play the clown! He's worked with them before.
Nah. It's gotta be Mark Hamill. Pull all kinds of strings to make that happen FUNimation. And while you're at it, get Arleen Sorkin to voice his Angel. :P
Mark's gonna be super tough but if that happens boy. But I feel Troy is pretty adequate enough.
Who is Arleen Sorkin btw?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:FUNi should get Troy Baker to play the clown! He's worked with them before.
Nah. It's gotta be Mark Hamill. Pull all kinds of strings to make that happen FUNimation. And while you're at it, get Arleen Sorkin to voice his Angel. :P
Mark's gonna be super tough but if that happens boy. But I feel Troy is pretty adequate enough.
The original VA for Harley Quinn.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:38 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Nah. It's gotta be Mark Hamill. Pull all kinds of strings to make that happen FUNimation. And while you're at it, get Arleen Sorkin to voice his Angel. :P
The original VA for Harley Quinn.
Didn't she retire though? I doubt Tara Strong is too expensive due to the sheer amount of VA work she does so I'll settle for her.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
buutenks wrote:
Oh speaking of canon, if they make Movie 8 canon, that means that galaxy busting feat is also canon hehe. Buu saga characters get some upgrades.
If they make one movie be included in the main story then surely they must include all the movies.

Maybe we might see other versions of movie characters like Lord slug or Cooler. Cooler and Lord Slug versions would make sense as maybe Frost went and trained with the Cooler lookalike and Lord Slug becuase of there must be a Planet Namek in universe 6.
...So... My Cooler-Senpai could become cannon?... Okay, even I cringed at that.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:58 am

I mean honestly it was only ammeter of time before something like that would find its way into super. If they do Movie 8 flashbacks oh I can't wait to see all the comments of people pissed that Broly has become official cannon. On another note why the hell is there a clown God of Destruction? Is it supposed to be terrifying cause people are actually scared of clowns? It just seems weird.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:01 am

THEGOKU wrote:Is it supposed to be terrifying cause people are actually scared of clowns?
Only people that suffer from coulrophobia. Most people of their Universe don't have that... I'm sure... :?
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am

Grimlock wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:Is it supposed to be terrifying cause people are actually scared of clowns?
Only people that suffer from coulrophobia. Most people of their Universe don't have that... I'm sure... :?
Weren't clowns supposed to be funny?
It looks like a tribute to Joker and Harley Quinn, and if it's that joker yes we are supposed to be scared
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Weren't clowns supposed to be funny?
Yes but people somehow developed that problem.
Ki Breaker wrote:It looks like a tribute to Joker and Harley Quinn, and if it's that joker yes we are supposed to be scared
Well, I don't have coulrophobia, so I'm not scared at all if that was their intention. And it's not because it's an anime, horror movies based on clowns don't scare me too.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 am

Grimlock wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Weren't clowns supposed to be funny?
Yes but people somehow developed that problem.
That's kind of odd

Let's see the god clown's personality, that should be the factor, already liking his design
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
It would not be the first time FUNimation had distributed a product with Hamill in it. Remember Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles?
In all likelihood, the Clown will probably be voiced by Mike McFarland because he voices Buggy the Clown in One Piece.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:23 am

I get more excited every time I see the preview. It looks sick.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:They could have shown us other fighters instead of Goku and Vegeta fighting.
Those two have the biggest fanbase, they wanted to generate hype and broly already did that alone.. no use showing others fight
Plus they showed krillin.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:44 am

kinisking wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:They could have shown us other fighters instead of Goku and Vegeta fighting.
Those two have the biggest fanbase, they wanted to generate hype and broly already did that alone.. no use showing others fight
Probably because they need to show at least someone other than those two, otherwise that really would blow..
Or Krillin really does play a big role

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am

If the Joker GoD turns out like Joker.... they're fcked in more ways than one, people that reads comics that are familiar with the character knows how fcked up and dangerous Joker is.
I kinda want them to remember Broly's movie, not because of Broly being canonized but because I want Goku to troll Vegeta "hey, isnt that the same transformation as Broly? you know, the one that turned you into a p*ssy? :wave: "

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:56 am

SansrivaaL wrote:If the Joker GoD turns out like Joker.... they're fcked in more ways than one, people that reads comics that are familiar with the character knows how fcked up and dangerous Joker is.
I kinda want them to remember Broly's movie, not because of Broly being canonized but because I want Goku to troll Vegeta "hey, isnt that the same transformation as Broly? you know, the one that turned you into a p*ssy? :wave: "
Yes! Piccolo Should be the one to say that just to add to the burn

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:If the Joker GoD turns out like Joker.... they're fcked in more ways than one, people that reads comics that are familiar with the character knows how fcked up and dangerous Joker is.
Yes! Piccolo Should be the one to say that just to add to the burn
Piccolo makes more sense because of the movie and to get revenge because of the last tournament.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 pm

kinisking wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Or maybe cuz it is a 15 second PV. Let's not overreact. Remember when eveyone lost their rag cuz Cell wasn't in the Jump Preview for #75? Yeah....