Can you tell if a Kaioshin is evil by their eyes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kaialone
Regular

Can you tell if a Kaioshin is evil by their eyes?

Post by kaialone » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Putting this here cause it has to do with stuff thats only in Super.

With the new characters that were just revealed, I noticed something peculiar about the two new Kaioshin

The one who is said to make fun of other universes, Ro, has eyes with small pupils and bright irises:

While the one that is said to be nice, Kai, has entirely black irises:

Pretty much all Kaioshin have those black eyes.

And before this the only other Kaioshin with bright irises that we ever saw was Zamasu, so would it be a stretch to assume that all Kaioshin that have those eyes are "evil", or at the very least unpleasant people?

Maybe not even for in-universe reasons, just a design choice?

[(Also feel free to add obligatory Makaioshin speculation :lol: )
-凯

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Can you tell if a Kaioshin is evil by their eyes?

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:03 pm

The god of destruction of that universe is based on a good god, who protects.. it makes sense for the kaioshin to be an 'evil' god
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Well, Zamasu wasn't exactly a "Kaioshin", but I get what you're saying. Nice catch! Though it's likely just coincidence.
I'm beginning to doubt we'll see a Makaioshin now, at least before One Piece ends :lol:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:Well, Zamasu wasn't exactly a "Kaioshin", but I get what you're saying. Nice catch! Though it's likely just coincidence.
I'm beginning to doubt we'll see a Makaioshin now, at least before One Piece ends :lol:
Oh dang, yeah I guess I meant more "Shin-jin" rather than Kaioshin, though technically Zamasu was a Kaioshin for like 3 minutes that one time :^p

And yeah I got no real hope we'll get Makaioshin, but its nice to pretend. Like maybe the eyes can be an indicator of a corrupted, "rotten" if you will, Shin-jin with a potential of being evil, and if they DO become noticeably evil they get banished to the Makai or something.

Yeah no chance we're getting that tho ^^;
-凯

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 pm

If you observe carefully Perfect Cell/SPC, SSJ3 Goku & Paikuhan have similar eyes. Meaning their pupils & iris are strikingly similar

More than their character, I feel it relates to their insane power levels