Shouldn't there be an Anti-Zeno character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Shouldn't there be an Anti-Zeno character?

Post by successoroffate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Zeno destroys planets, who creates them? There's a God of Destruction but no God of Creation?

As I'm writing this, I remember that the closest we have is the Toki Toki Bird from Xenoverse (not canon)?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Shouldn't there be an Anti-Zeno character?

Post by Deathbringer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Aren't the Kaioshin supposed to be the gods of creation?

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Aren't the Kaioshin supposed to be the gods of creation?
I don't recall seeing them create anything... but maybe you're right.
-----
-----

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm

I think it was mentioned (maybe in a guidebook or an interview) that the Kaioshin create and maintain the worlds, making them a counterbalance to the Gods of Destruction.

In fact I think it's mentioned in Battle of Gods at the beginning when Kaioshin explains who Beerus is

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 pm

successoroffate wrote:
According to episode 78 of Super's anime, they do indeed create things, unless the subs I watched were wrong.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Deathbringer wrote:I think it was mentioned (maybe in a guidebook or an interview) that the Kaioshin create and maintain the worlds, making them a counterbalance to the Gods of Destruction.

In fact I think it's mentioned in Battle of Gods at the beginning when Kaioshin explains who Beerus is
We're still missing an Anti-Zeno figure though...
-----
-----

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Zeno appears to be the ruler of both creation and destruction, while its true he has great destructive power and the power to erase things from existence he still probably has the power to create and government just like the kaioshin

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Zeno appears to be the ruler of both creation and destruction, while its true he has great destructive power and the power to erase things from existence he still probably has the power to create and government just like the kaioshin
That makes sense I guess.
-----
-----

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Maybe Zarama is the next high one.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Cetra wrote:Maybe Zarama is the next high one.
But he only does things upon demand?
-----
-----

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Hmm... an anti-Zeno. So if Zeno is King of All, then an anti-Zeno would be... King of Nothing!

Ehhh... we have plenty of those! How about Pu'erh? As far as I know, he has no lands, territory, jurisdiction, sovereignty. And he's also tiny and cute. He'd be a perfect King of Nothing!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Hmm... an anti-Zeno. So if Zeno is King of All, then an anti-Zeno would be... King of Nothing!

Ehhh... we have plenty of those! How about Pu'erh? As far as I know, he has no lands, territory, jurisdiction, sovereignty. And he's also tiny and cute. He'd be a perfect King of Nothing!
I'm available for the job, if they're hiring.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Hmm... an anti-Zeno. So if Zeno is King of All, then an anti-Zeno would be... King of Nothing!
With Vegeta the heir to the throne as Prince Of No-One.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 pm

successoroffate wrote:As I'm writing this, I remember that the closest we have is the Toki Toki Bird from Xenoverse (not canon)?
Toki Toki is a bird that can manipulate time and its eggs contain time itself for a Universe. He is a divine bird, but not a creator. The role of creation belongs to Kaioshins.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 am

Deathbringer wrote:
successoroffate wrote:
I think it was mentioned (maybe in a guidebook or an interview) that the Kaioshin create and maintain the worlds, making them a counterbalance to the Gods of Destruction.

Dragon Ball Chōzenshū 1: Story & World Guide wrote:In the film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, coming out in March 2013, a new god, the “God of Destruction”, appears. In this [book], Kaiō-sama and Kaiōshin-sama are described as “Gods of Creation”, but do they have the power to create things like planets?
Rather than Kaiōshin-sama making planets, he is able to provide the impetus for them to be born. Also, he will sometimes divide up one planet and increase the number of planets. He will even do things like create life-forms, or transplant them from another planet, but his basic job is to watch over the numerous planets. Because the number of planets is so very large, the four Kaiō-sama help him out as well. They intervene if it appears that the world’s balance will crumble, but normally, they merely act in an advisory role for new life-forms, and don’t get involved. In order to provide a balance to the constantly increasing number of planets, the God of Destruction destroys [them], but he does not act on Kaiōshin’s orders; he destroys according to his own individual judgment. Except, he is capricious, so he will destroy even an important world without a second thought, or when he finds it bothersome, let someone else act as an agent of destruction.
Why do you think we're missing anyone, successoroffate? Zeno is currently the highest god known & I don't think there's any specific dialogue claiming he needed a counterpart (for now).

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:
successoroffate wrote:

Dragon Ball Chōzenshū 1: Story & World Guide wrote:In the film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, coming out in March 2013, a new god, the “God of Destruction”, appears. In this [book], Kaiō-sama and Kaiōshin-sama are described as “Gods of Creation”, but do they have the power to create things like planets?
Rather than Kaiōshin-sama making planets, he is able to provide the impetus for them to be born. Also, he will sometimes divide up one planet and increase the number of planets. He will even do things like create life-forms, or transplant them from another planet, but his basic job is to watch over the numerous planets. Because the number of planets is so very large, the four Kaiō-sama help him out as well. They intervene if it appears that the world’s balance will crumble, but normally, they merely act in an advisory role for new life-forms, and don’t get involved. In order to provide a balance to the constantly increasing number of planets, the God of Destruction destroys [them], but he does not act on Kaiōshin’s orders; he destroys according to his own individual judgment. Except, he is capricious, so he will destroy even an important world without a second thought, or when he finds it bothersome, let someone else act as an agent of destruction.
Why do you think we're missing anyone, successoroffate? Zeno is currently the highest god known & I don't think there's any specific dialogue claiming he needed a counterpart (for now).

Thank you for sharing. The reason why I believe there's an Anti-Zeno is because just like in religion there's a god figure, there's also an anti-god figure. I am aware the idea of having an anti-Zeno figure is a stretch, I just wanted to share if someone else agreed, or in your case, disagree with support.
-----
-----

gipset

Post by gipset » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:05 pm

By the end of this arc Zeno 2 will probably be the other side of the yin yang

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:44 pm

successoroffate wrote:Zeno destroys planets, who creates them? There's a God of Destruction but no God of Creation?

As I'm writing this, I remember that the closest we have is the Toki Toki Bird from Xenoverse (not canon)?
I was thinking about this the other day.

There's no balance in the DB universe if Gods who destroy hold all the power.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:45 pm

The King of All and the King of... Nothing? :lol:

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 am

That opposite thing is a Zoroastrian invention, and thought them, Incorporated into Christianity (blame Augustine in particular). Hinduism, the base for many of modern Oriental religious though (through Buddhism), have no opposite to Brahman, the Ultimate Divine Reality. Its principal manifestations, the gods of the Trimurti, represents creation (Brahma), preservation (Vishnu) and destruction (Rudra) in equal terms. You can see its parallels to DBS in the Brahman beign Zeno, and each Universe having its Trimurti in the Kaioshin, Angel and Hakaishin