Headcanons

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Headcanons

Post by Tectorman » Wed May 06, 2015 9:31 pm

When Super Buu self-destructed the first time he faced Mystic Gohan, he used the explosion to go back to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to prepare and recuperate before facing Gohan again.

- He exploded with enough force to threaten Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo. No one did anything to counter, suppress, or deflect it. Without any interference, it ended up resembling a mere nuke. In order to threaten those characters, it would have to be well above a planet-buster, yet much less than that amount of energy came out. It had to go somewhere, so I think he applied it to the dimensional barrier between the Earth and the HTC (accomplishing via explosion what he previously accomplished via scream) to escape where he wouldn't be sensed.

- When characters go into the HTC, others usually comment that they can't imagine what could possibly change in so little time. See Androids 16 & 18 regarding Vegeta and Semi-Cell the first time he sees Goku. When Buu comes back, Gohan wonders what could've changed so soon.

Maybe he had to meditate or something to tap into his ability to absorb or to remotely control parts of his body to make them absorb (or maybe it was to figure out how to suppress the energy of his remote blobs so they could sneak up on whoever he wanted to absorb).
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 pm

My headcanon for Future Trunks' timeline after he finished off the Androids and Cell:

- The world starts to heal.
- Trunks releases Android #16.
- Trunks & Bulma travel to New Namek. #16 watches over the Earth while they're gone.
- The Namekians allow them to gather the Dragonballs and wish Son Gohan back to life.
- Gohan convinces Dende to come be the new Guardian of Earth.
- Trunks, Gohan, Bulma & Dende return to Earth and Dende creates the new Dragonballs.
- Gohan and Trunks both reach Super Saiyan 2.
- With the two of them growing stronger, Babidi decides it is finally time to release Majin Buu.
- The new Z-Fighters effortlessly crush Dabura and Babidi, with help from Kaioshin and Kibito. Buu is never reawakened.

From there Trunks, Son Gohan & Android #16 watch over the Earth as the last remaining Z-Fighters, but never come into contact with any other serious threats.

"And they lived happily ever after."

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Sat May 09, 2015 8:52 am

In Brightest Day wrote:My headcanon for Future Trunks' timeline after he finished off the Androids and Cell:

- The world starts to heal.
- Trunks releases Android #16.
- Trunks & Bulma travel to New Namek. #16 watches over the Earth while they're gone.
- The Namekians allow them to gather the Dragonballs and wish Son Gohan back to life.
- Gohan convinces Dende to come be the new Guardian of Earth.
- Trunks, Gohan, Bulma & Dende return to Earth and Dende creates the new Dragonballs.
- Gohan and Trunks both reach Super Saiyan 2.
- With the two of them growing stronger, Babidi decides it is finally time to release Majin Buu.
- The new Z-Fighters effortlessly crush Dabura and Babidi, with help from Kaioshin and Kibito. Buu is never reawakened.

From there Trunks, Son Gohan & Android #16 watch over the Earth as the last remaining Z-Fighters, but never come into contact with any other serious threats.

"And they lived happily ever after."
Sounds plausible. With the world in more dire straits than in the main timeline, and only just recovering, and with far fewer Z Fighters left, Trunks and Gohan would be much less willing to play around with Babidi and Dabura.

I'm just wondering: does Beers ever decide to pay the Earth a visit?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 9:16 am

- Really really really ancient Saiyans had Super Saiyan mastered, like Goku and Gohan. At some point they started consuming energy faster for some reason and the legend was started by the few who could maintain the form.
- Bulma has offered on multiple occasions to upgrade 17 and 18, but they always decline - 17 because he has a family life now, 18 because she feels pretty confident already.
- Buu is welcome at all of Mr. Satan's various summer homes and mansions, but stays at his house, only visiting to eat.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The Super Saiyan multiplier can be increased via training, hence why Goku spent his time training the form during the 10 day timeskip and it also explains Toriyama's comment about it being more beneficial to train the form.
See, i think the exact opposite is the case

-The First time someone transforms into a Super Saiyan, their strength is 50 times their base. However, when they revert to base, they find that their base strength is now ten times stronger, because they've internalized some of the strength. On subsequent transformations, the multiplier is only 10x (to match up with a statement Toriyama made in an interview). Once they achieve the FPSSJ transformation, their base form starts internalizing more energy, making the multiplier smaller in SSJ1 without reducing strength.
My headcannon is a mix of yours and the other guys,

I definitely feel like they get stronger the first time they achieve a form, but at least for me I feel like their is A LOT of evidence to say that the form can be improved and (at least for me anyway) I feel like being​ able to Improve a form is a fact, not even speculation.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The Super Saiyan multiplier can be increased via training, hence why Goku spent his time training the form during the 10 day timeskip and it also explains Toriyama's comment about it being more beneficial to train the form.
See, i think the exact opposite is the case

-The First time someone transforms into a Super Saiyan, their strength is 50 times their base. However, when they revert to base, they find that their base strength is now ten times stronger, because they've internalized some of the strength. On subsequent transformations, the multiplier is only 10x (to match up with a statement Toriyama made in an interview). Once they achieve the FPSSJ transformation, their base form starts internalizing more energy, making the multiplier smaller in SSJ1 without reducing strength. Later forms are uneffected
The head canon that Super Saiyan's multipliers slowly decrease cannot function at a ten times increase in power, and if that was the case then I cannot fathom why Goku never ditched Super Saiyan to begin with and simply focused on the Kaio Ken technique, which grants the user a increase double that of what Super Saiyan gives you. And if the multiplier decreases even more then there would just simply be no way Goku would have used it over Kaio Ken.

Anyway, here are my head canons:

The Suppression forms aren't created, they function more as genetic templates. The stronger you are the more suppression forms you have, and you can only alter minor details about them.

LSSJ was just simply a mutation, not achievable by anyone but Broly.

The Omniking isn't a living organism.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 pm

*It's never shown in the anime or manga, but I like to think that Launch was a mother figure to Goku who taught him how to read and write.

*A Saiyan's stomach is never empty. They are in constant need of nourishment not just to have enough energy to train, but if they have concentrated stomach acid, the lining of their stomach will dissolve and kill them.

*The "Racial Appearance" of Saiyans consists of either Asians or Caucasian.

*Raditz was some kind of personal, punching-bag servant to Vegeta.

*Goten, Trunks, Bulla, and Pan DID have tails, but were cut-off per suggestion of Bulma after finally telling everyone about looking at the full moon.

*Android 16 WAS revived, but chose to live far away from civilization in order to live among nature.

*"Mystic" Gohan's ability was lost after he died by Kid Buu's destruction.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:56 pm

-Anthropomorphic animals are going extinct either due to a genocide carried out behind King Furry's back that was out of his control or simply due to the fact that racial homogenity would be necessary for the animals to reproduce and since there are so few animals of the exact same species then animals likely have an extremely low birthrate.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

SkuLLR3D

Post by SkuLLR3D » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:27 am

Super kami guru from abridged is the real guru

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:49 am

Uub might be human but he still has old abilities as kid Buu.
Beerus only used 5% of his true power against god goku.
Beerus is a compulsive liar and likes to tease his opponents and give them hope. Which is why he constantly lies about using his full power.
King Cold was only in his second form. Because due to lack of training and fighting. He couldn't transform any further.
Toppo was raised in wealth. This is why he eats and dresses in the tiniest clothing.
Hit is an assassin because everyone he loved is dead. So he seeks out opponents and targets. So he can be killed.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 am

FPSSj is as strong as Grade 3 and weaker than SSj2
There's a decreasing SSj multiplier the stronger one gets, though the threshold is very high, such as fusion tier. (Buu saga Goku is still 50x, but Gotenks is only 5x because he's already as strong as SSj2 Majin Vegeta in base)

That's basically it for my arbitrary opinions, though they do have some support in the manga themselves.

Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pickle_Jar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:11 am

I made a thread about this in the fanworks section...just saying that because the OP mentioned not seeing a thread for this anywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37770
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Mon May 01, 2017 9:00 am

Here's another one:

Regardless of Toriyama's original intention of using #19 and #20/Dr. Gero as the main villains, I think that one way to explain why there is no mention of a Future #19 and a Future #20 is that they never existed in the original timeline.

When Future Trunks went back in time to the Main Timeline, Dr. Gero saw a new powerful fighter that he'd never seen before and decided not only to create one more android, but to also modify himself as the last created android in order to deal with Future Trunks, just in case he would appear again.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Super Saiyan 2 Was the sum of Gohan's Potential all along. (He doesn't have infinite potential as a hybrid).
Gohan's rapid growth isn't inherited, but him increasing his PL like EXP from fighting stronger opponents than Goku did at a young age.

Gohan's hidden Power was him using that power in short bursts (not him growing infinitely as people interpret it)
Gohan's Ultimate power is not added power, its the Elder Kai releasing his full reserve with the Zenkai Boost he got from losing to Buu.
Gohan in Ultimate form only got stronger than SS3 because Goku did not master SS3 at the time (as Ulatimate does not drain ki).
Gohan's base & Ultimate form aren't the same. His Ultimate power has to be directly activated (as in battle of Gods)

Elder Kai didn't know the Potaras would defuse between two mortals because he never defused being a Kai. He also only knew of the fusion when it happened to him. Not prior.
The Potara limit is just due to the God power overloading the earrings, due to Saiyans being vastly stronger than Kais normally are.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue May 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Cell was in a suppression form for his imperfect and semi perfect states, reaching perfection was essentially his true form.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:17 am

Esfír Dedragón wrote: When Future Trunks went back in time to the Main Timeline, Dr. Gero saw a new powerful fighter that he'd never seen before and decided not only to create one more android, but to also modify himself as the last created android in order to deal with Future Trunks, just in case he would appear again.
Not possible. Dr. Gero specifically indicates that he not only stopped his own spying on Goku and the others after the battle with Vegeta on Earth (so from the Freeza arc onward, they weren't being observed), but he makes specific note that he's never seen Trunks before nor has any record of him in the files at all.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 am

I like to think some of the movies happened in canon, and I make slight alterations to them so they can fit in. Not all of them though.

Movie 12 is a nice alternate timeline where Vegeta killed Buu, so both he and Goku stayed dead.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am

Time travel headcanon:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In the end, Trunks was dead, because he killed the Cell who arrived at the past, when the lab hadn't been destroyed in the future, and so there was another who resurfaced to kill him by surprise. That Cell reverts into a larva and goes back in time. DB Super changes this by having Trunks alive.

Majin Boo headcanon:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Evil Boo is as strong as Buff Boo, for they are South Kaioshin's manifestation of Fat Boo, split from the original one as another, and acting on top of Super Boo when reverting. Absorbing Good Boo made him complete, although suppressed due to Dai Kaioshin, but with the same potential to explore.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed May 03, 2017 4:41 am

Dragon type Namekians can't regenerate. Only warrior namekians can.

Master Roshi has secretly been training ever since 22nd TB. That's just to draw out his "moonbusting power" in his regular form and maintain his buff form.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 am

Buu arc base Saiyans (not including Goten and Trunks) are stronger than Final Form Frieza from the Namek arc.

Super Saiyan multipliers aren't static, but can be increased through training, which explains why MSSJ Goku and Goku were stronger than Vegeta and Trunks. Also on that note, I like to think there is a power limit for a Saiyan's base form that can only be increased after unlocking the next level of Super Saiyan.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93