Kaioshin And The Twin Universes? How Does It All Work?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Kaioshin And The Twin Universes? How Does It All Work?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Alright guys I hope this can spark up a little discussion about the lore of the story we all enjoy so much. Perhaps someone has an easy answer for this but I really can't think of one...maybe it's already been brought up somewhere. Anyway!

In Super we learn that there are currently 12 universe and each one has a twin very similar but different from its own. With the Kaioshin being creators how exactly would this even work? Assuming each universe is created initially in a sort of "blank" state by Zeno (or whoever did it)....or at the very least in any state equal to its twin, do the Kaioshin of each universe get together and say "Okay...let's each make a species like this" and plot it out together? Are the Kaioshin so similar in twin universes that they naturally make similar creations?

Am I thinking too hard into this? Not hard enough? Ideas? Facts?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Kaioshin And The Twin Universes? How Does It All Work?

Post by Sandubadear » Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Kaioshin don't exactly create, they "provide the impetus to create new planets", whatever the hell that means. I guess it's some automatic process that will then create a planet in both their universe and their twin.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 am

That's a good question, there is no way that a lot of generations of kaiohshins will make the exactly same races in each pair of different universes. Maybe when Zeno / Daishinkan / Zarama or whoever that created the 12 universes (18 formerly) , they make each twin universes with the same agroupment of galaxies, stars and solar systems, and also with some first life-forms that are equal in both, but from there the kaiohshins developed differents life-forms on each universe, like the metal-man of U6, they don't seem to exist in U7, since even Elder Kai didn't know about them.

Misirius

Post by Misirius » Wed May 31, 2017 5:16 am

Well, you just have to look at U3 and U10.

They are VERY different, mainly because of the Kaioshin, and they are twin universes. Gowasu likes to chill the fk out and drink some tea, the U3 Kaioshin likes machines and technology, it's really different.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 6:31 am

Misirius wrote:Well, you just have to look at U3 and U10.

They are VERY different, mainly because of the Kaioshin, and they are twin universes. Gowasu likes to chill the fk out and drink some tea, the U3 Kaioshin likes machines and technology, it's really different.
Well thats what I'm saying exactly. Why would U6 and U7 be damn near identical but certain ones arent.

At the start were there similar Kaio and over time they just were replaced?

I think we need more info in how it all works.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Well thats what I'm saying exactly. Why would U6 and U7 be damn near identical but certain ones arent.

Well we only saw the planets around the god of destruction's palace and since both his kaioshin and him have a strong connection to robots (not sure about the angel though), it kinda makes sense that the kaioshin, whos job is to create or further the evolution of mortals in their own respective universe and at the same time loves machines, would make his surrounding planets and mortals enhance and evolve via technology. And maybe the God likes to have stuff somewhat made in his image as a robot or techno god.

I personally like the idea of "when a kaioshin of, for example, U3 makes a planet, it automatically appears in U10", the most. I also like the idea of whoever created the universes, made each pair with the same planets at birth.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 8:29 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Well we only saw the planets around the god of destruction's palace and since both his kaioshin and him have a strong connection to robots (not sure about the angel though), it kinda makes sense that the kaioshin, whos job is to create or further the evolution of mortals in their own respective universe and at the same time loves machines, would make his surrounding planets and mortals enhance and evolve via technology. And maybe the God likes to have stuff somewhat made in his image as a robot or techno god.

I personally like the idea of "when a kaioshin of, for example, U3 makes a planet, it automatically appears in U10", the most. I also like the idea of whoever created the universes, made each pair with the same planets at birth.
I think that explanation works well at least for now until a contradiction by the series happens.

It leads to another question...does that make the U3 Kaioshin the original one? He hasnt died of age, been replaced, so forth?

I guess in theory he could have had a mentor.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:46 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

I think that explanation works well at least for now until a contradiction by the series happens.

It leads to another question...does that make the U3 Kaioshin the original one? He hasnt died of age, been replaced, so forth?

I guess in theory he could have had a mentor.
true. if shin of U7 had mentors that died by Buu, who's to say every universe has more than one kaioshin...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"