Female Super Saiyan 4?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Female Super Saiyan 4?

Post by successoroffate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Basaku wrote:
Cipher wrote:SWe all know that in reality every user of Super Saiyan 4 should be battling nude and proud.
Maybe the first time after they go through Golden Oozaru but after that, when they just transform straight into SSJ4 there's no reason why they shouldn't just be keeping their previous clothes
successoroffate wrote:If someone else (someone else meaning someone from another universe) reaches 4 before any of the U7 Saiyans, then that's going to piss me off.
Why? They already 'got' it 20 years ago. And they're the only Saiyans consistiently getting newer and newer forms. Who cares if some other Saiyan gets SSJ4 form/design in Super? Goku and Vegeta are propped and pampered in this series enough as it is, they don't need to retain exclusively or preferential treatement on everything for crying out loud
I do care, it would feel like a kick in the stomach at 3AM. Same kick in the stomach if they throw in a SS4 from another universe and it's just done for fan service for one episode, that'd be disastrous for me as a GT Fan.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:59 pm

cheddarsword wrote: If they did, then it would be inaccurate to the form. I get that it's a female and that they have to do some covering for decency, but to go beyond what is needed for decency sake may anger a large number of people for the simple fact that it's not accurate to the form and they would (correctly) argue that it was done for censorship purposes.

The bra would be blatant censorship and with the option to use fur instead, using it also serves no purpose other than to be a lazy cop out. At least in my opinion.
You're not wrong but if the 'bra' (or vest, or a Pamela Anderson-style swimming suit cover for boobs) would be well designed and fitting then most wouldn't be that bothered. Personally, I don't really see any need for a bra. If the furr covers 90% of the boobs then it would look visually like a furry piece of clothing but if Toei feels they absolutely have to give it an additional layer then I want them to really put effort into the design. If it's good I won't be big of an issue and they can still add a 'sexy' rack or something
LuckyCat wrote:Not a big fan of the original SSJ4, but this is something I'd like to see. The main problems I have with SSJ4 are the rosey fur and red eyeliner, but this fan art shows that a female saiyan can pull those features off with style.
To be honest only Goku had pinkish furr. Vegeta, Gogeta and Heros-spawned Broly and Gohan all got different shades of red and brown
successoroffate wrote: I do care, it would feel like a kick in the stomach at 3AM. Same kick in the stomach if they throw in a SS4 from another universe and it's just done for fan service for one episode, that'd be disastrous for me as a GT Fan.
You'll be fine, especially as the introduction of SSJ4 form itself wasn't much above the 'fanservice quality' of LSSJ Kale you're referencing. I'm a big fan of SSJ4 design myself obviously, but it doesn't blind me into thinking it was some pinnacle of storytelling power-up. It was a beatuiful new form conviniently pulled out of Old Kaioshin's ass because new toys had to be sold, without much thought put into proper, interesting or motivated introduction for it. And Goku/Vegeta got it out of pure fanservice, there was no reason to give it only to them instead of half a dozen other Saiyans in the show.
Last edited by Basaku on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm

With Super's fan service and new designs giving them revenue left and right, I won't be surprised in the slightest if we get this. Probably not too this affect since GT introduced SSJ4, but something similar is not outside the realm of possibility.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl