Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nekis13
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 93

Post by Nekis13 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:55 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:[spoiler]- Staff Twitters -

I've been saying this since the beginning but I will say it again, staff twitters should not be publicly shared between the fanbase. Anyone retweets whatever they want in their twitter, what I mean is outside of it. There should be a rule that forbids the sharing of Staff social media pages in this forum, like there is one for illegal scans. Even in this thread because anyone can see it.

Insulting staff is a big deal and it may have big impacts on their will to work on the show. Worse than have schedule problems, only have stupid people keeping away animators.
Of course it needs to reach a break point for something like this to happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Right now we have threads being created based in Staff tweets "DBS writer confirms blablabla". Their subject could not be more unnecessary (both are about power levels, figures) because some people can't think by themselves and need all the answers given to them.

With their twitters being thrown around like that and then reach sites like youtube and facebook, one must be really naive to not see stuff like this coming.

I just went now to one of the writers twitters and from what I saw he has always people trying to take every bit of information they can from him. Only because they are nice and reachable, doesn't mean the fans should bother them like that.[/spoiler]
God, this all the way. After seeing people attack Toshio for Goku vs 17 and Shin for Episode 97 having reused animation (Which was something that he wasn't even involved in) it's clear that some people simply don't respect the staff and see them as robots and not as actual people.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:59 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Artorias wrote:It's kinda hilarious how the general public will zoom in on an in-between frame and claim "bad animation", but then they won't say shit about this obviously mediocre looking episode. I understand everyone can't be as knowledgeable as others but...Christ save your complaining for when it actually makes sense. THIS is worth criticizing, yet I've seen SO MANY people claim this was "well animated". Kinda baffling honestly.
Maybe the general viewers aren't complaining about it because it really wasn't bad.
I'm not saying this was terrible or anything, or that the general public should be up in arms. I just find it bizarre how, for instance, in the Goku v Hit fight in the filler arc, people freaked the hell out from a couple bad drawings, and then those same people will exclaim that this was animated amazingly.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Artorias wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Artorias wrote:It's kinda hilarious how the general public will zoom in on an in-between frame and claim "bad animation", but then they won't say shit about this obviously mediocre looking episode. I understand everyone can't be as knowledgeable as others but...Christ save your complaining for when it actually makes sense. THIS is worth criticizing, yet I've seen SO MANY people claim this was "well animated". Kinda baffling honestly.
Maybe the general viewers aren't complaining about it because it really wasn't bad.
I'm not saying this was terrible or anything, or that the general public should be up in arms. I just find it bizarre how, for instance, in the Goku v Hit fight in the filler arc, people freaked the hell out from a couple bad drawings, and then those same people will exclaim that this was animated amazingly.
It's not really comparable. The Hit fight actually did have the characters moving strangely. This latest episode was unimpressive, but the only thing that looked bad were the background explosions.
Retired.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Artorias wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
It's not really comparable. The Hit fight actually did have the characters moving strangely. This latest episode was unimpressive, but the only thing that looked bad were the background explosions.
I see what you mean, but I'm thinking more about when the preview for that episode came out and it had that really awkward looking Hit face...and people claimed we were back to episode 5.

But you're about those explosions in this episode... gave me episode 24 flash backs...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Regarding reactions and such you have to remember that the ratio to people watching and commenting is very small, I don't know what simulcast numbers are like but taking the dub on Toonami as an example it pulls in on average 1m viewers a week, the total Kanzenshuu members are 10244 that is barely a fraction and not many people from Kanzenshuu actually comment on the dubbed episodes. The ratio to simulcast numbers and commentators is probably similar too. With Super from the start it has always been the case of complaints are louder rather than commonplace. I think people form general consensus from internet reactions too much.

ChaosX79

Post by ChaosX79 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Here I made a bit of an edit on Yamamuro's shot I've previously talked about, it's not a lot of changes, since the major edits i wanted to do would ruin the colors of the shot cause of the filter used. I show some edits on how I would like modern goku to look like, with a few changes on Yamamuro's design
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Before creation comes destruction...
- Beerus-sama

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:03 pm

ChaosX79 wrote:Here I made a bit of an edit on Yamamuro's shot I've previously talked about, it's not a lot of changes, since the major edits i wanted to do would ruin the colors of the shot cause of the filter used. I show some edits on how I would like modern goku to look like, with a few changes on Yamamuro's design
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Great edit.

Now now, where's Yamamuro's twitter so we can harass him too ?

Seriously I didn't know they attacked Toshio over 17 and I'm starting to lose faith in this trash tier fanbase.

Back on topic, you guys notice his Caulifla is female Cabba ? He gave her the wrong face and made her ultra thin.

ChaosX79

Post by ChaosX79 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm

I also didn't know about the fans attacking animator and writters, this is kind of like a new low for the dragon ball fanbase. constant fights about what was better, old or new or just any other topic that caused controversy was kinda typical of the fanbase, but attacking the people that work on their series is just attrocious ,a really bad example of a fanbase, maybe even the worst to ever exist.
This is one of those things that may probably happen to dragon ball super more than once, cause of the huge following and audience it has. I just hope this doesn't affect the series that much.

See, things like edits to shots of animators doesn't mean there's hate to what the animator did, the ending was great, the characters looked amazing, but it's just those little nitpicks someone has that leads to edits on certain shots and it's just made for fun.
Before creation comes destruction...
- Beerus-sama

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 am

DBS - 099:
Scenario: Yoshitaka Toshio
Animation Director: Osamu Ishikawa
Story-board: Masayoshi Nishita (from Tiger Mask W)
Director: Takahiro Imamura

DBS - 100:
Scenario: King Ryu
Animation Director: Yoshitaka Yashima
Director: Kazuya Karasawa

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:06 am

Psykomatik wrote:DBS - 099:

DBS - 100:
Who is storyboarding ep100?

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 am

Riczi wrote:

DBS - 100:
Who is storyboarding ep100?
Kazuya Karasawa.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:10 am

DBS - 100:
what about 101 ?

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 am

Nasryyy wrote:

DBS - 100:
what about 101 ?
Not available. :(

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:18 am

Psykomatik wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:

DBS - 100:
what about 101 ?
Not available. :(
well too bad, i'm happy that yashima has 9 weeks to tackle his episode this is a 1st

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 am

Complete staff-list from 99 to 102:
DBS - 099:
Story-board: Masayoshi Nishita

DBS - 100:

DBS - 101:
Scenario: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Animation Director: Shuichiro Manabe
Story-board: Kohei Hatano & K. Yamamoto
Director: Makoto Sonoda

DBS - 102:
Scenario: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation Director: Koji Nashizawa
Director: Masato Mitsuka

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:48 am

Psykomatik wrote:Complete staff-list from 99 to 102:
DBS - 099:

DBS - 100:

DBS - 101:

DBS - 102:
Seems pretty expected, kind of odd Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't writing a lot of episodes though, thought he would be now we've gotten to the tournament.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBS - 099:

DBS - 100:

DBS - 101:

DBS - 102:
Seems pretty expected, kind of odd Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't writing a lot of episodes though, thought he would be now we've gotten to the tournament.
Who's that ? is he good, and why would you want him to do a lot of tournament episodes ?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 am

Nasryyy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBS - 099:

DBS - 100:

DBS - 101:

DBS - 102:
Who's that ? is he good, and why would you want him to do a lot of tournament episodes ?
He wrote a majority of the Black arc and the first 8 episodes of this arc (if you count the Krillin mini arc beforehand) so just find it odd is all.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Seems pretty expected, kind of odd Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't writing a lot of episodes though, thought he would be now we've gotten to the tournament.
He wrote a majority of the Black arc and the first 8 episodes of this arc (if you count the Krillin mini arc beforehand) so just find it odd is all.
Atsuhiro Tomioka is the best writer Super has right now and I really hope we see more of him.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:17 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nasryyy wrote: Who's that ? is he good, and why would you want him to do a lot of tournament episodes ?
Atsuhiro Tomioka is the best writer Super has right now and I really hope we see more of him.
I don't want this to last long because this is not the main topic of the thread, but he's definitely not the best writer, King Ryu and Toshio Yoshitaka are definitely better.