Some stuff about the angels via Toyotaro's instagram?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kaialone
Regular

Some stuff about the angels via Toyotaro's instagram?

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 am

I was browsing the DB Wiki (yeah, I know), and noticed that someone had listed Cus, Martinu and Marcarita as being sisters of Vados and Whis.

They just provided "A post in Toyotaro's Instagram states Vados, Cus, Martinu and Marcarita are sisters" as a source, with no link, so I decided to hunt down that post myself, and found it here:

http://www.imgrum.org/media/15387792769 ... 2128220734

This post does indeed say "Four Beautiful Sisters" in japanese, so this does seem to be true. This is the instagram that his twitter profile seems to link to, too.

So going by that, can we assume that these 3 angels really are Whis and Vados' sisters? Which would also make it more likely for the rest of the angels to be their siblings, too? Or do you think him giving this title to a random instagram post isn't any indication of what it will be like in the show/manga?
-凯

Kishido
Banned

Re: Some stuff about the angels via Toyotaro's instagram?

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 am

kaialone wrote:I was browsing the DB Wiki (yeah, I know), and noticed that someone had listed Cus, Martinu and Marcarita as being sisters of Vados and Whis.

They just provided "A post in Toyotaro's Instagram states Vados, Cus, Martinu and Marcarita are sisters" as a source, with no link, so I decided to hunt down that post myself, and found it here:

This post does indeed say "Four Beautiful Sisters" in japanese, so this does seem to be true. This is the instagram that his twitter profile seems to link to, too.

So going by that, can we assume that these 3 angels really are Whis and Vados' sisters? Which would also make it more likely for the rest of the angels to be their siblings, too? Or do you think him giving this title to a random instagram post isn't any indication of what it will be like in the show/manga?
Yeah always thought they are siblings... But some people doubted it... This brings 2 things

I mean the angels... A very few people thought this isn't the case but with the Toyotaro posting this

That all of them are sisters is more or less the prove that most likely all the angels are children of the Grand Priest.

Who is the mother?
And this means that Zeno killed 6 of his children as well in the past

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 am

Kishido wrote: Who is the mother?
Angels could reproduce asexually or something, who knows.

And do we know that the angels of the erased 6 universes got erased as well? Because here we see them being kept alive, so why would it have been different back then? Though I have seen people speculate that if those 6 angels were destroyed too, then the Great Priest might want to avenge his children. That would be a kind of interesting motivation, but has it been confirmed that these angels did die?
-凯

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:24 am

kaialone wrote:
Kishido wrote: Who is the mother?
Angels could reproduce asexually or something, who knows.

And do we know that the angels of the erased 6 universes got erased as well? Because here we see them being kept alive, so why would it have been different back then? Though I have seen people speculate that if those 6 angels were destroyed too, then the Great Priest might want to avenge his children. That would be a kind of interesting motivation, but has it been confirmed that these angels did die?
Cuz why woudn't they have been shown? Further more Future Zeno shipwed out everything or do you think the angels in Trunk's timeline are somewhere out there helpless flying around in nothing?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:30 am

Kishido wrote: Cuz why woudn't they have been shown? Further more Future Zeno shipwed out everything or do you think the angels in Trunk's timeline are somewhere out there helpless flying around in nothing?
I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced those angels are still around, I'm just saying I can't remember it being confirmed. Yes, when future Zenou destroyed the future timeline, he destroyed everything it seems, but now in the Tournament of Power, the angels aren't being destroyed. So we got two conflicting past examples.

Given that, I think there is a 50/50 chance of them either being destroyed alongside the universes, or not being destroyed and still existing, probably in some inactive state, since the Gods they were tied to are dead.
-凯

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:36 am

kaialone wrote:
Kishido wrote: Cuz why woudn't they have been shown? Further more Future Zeno shipwed out everything or do you think the angels in Trunk's timeline are somewhere out there helpless flying around in nothing?
I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced those angels are still around, I'm just saying I can't remember it being confirmed. Yes, when future Zenou destroyed the future timeline, he destroyed everything it seems, but now in the Tournament of Power, the angels aren't being destroyed. So we got two conflicting past examples.

Given that, I think there is a 50/50 chance of them either being destroyed alongside the universes, or not being destroyed and still existing, probably in some inactive state, since the Gods they were tied to are dead.
But Mojito is still active showing the different rule set.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:05 am

Kishido wrote: But Mojito is still active showing the different rule set.
True there might be different rules at play, but still, I think the simple fact that we haven't seen the other 6 angels doesn't mean that they don't exist anymore for sure.

Absence of proof isn't proof of absence.

It is likely, yes, but not confirmed (iirc).
-凯

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:09 am

kaialone wrote:
Kishido wrote: But Mojito is still active showing the different rule set.
True there might be different rules at play, but still, I think the simple fact that we haven't seen the other 6 angels doesn't mean that they don't exist anymore for sure.

Absence of proof isn't proof of absence.

It is likely, yes, but not confirmed (iirc).
No it's not but most likely

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:09 am

Simply put, we do not know the responsibilities and duties of angels (yet, in detail).

So Whis has 4 sisters, any idea how the other 7 relate to them? Weirdly, those 4 sisters do have a more positive attitude and interacted with Whis briefly.
The Angels, especially the unknown 6 ones for the past universes, either prefer unemployment over spoiled Hakaishins mentoring, or they were up to something, something that may've interfered with what is currently going on.
I wouldn't be surprised that the 6 unknown angels would somehow show up in support to the well mannered ones (Whis + sisters), just as i said earlier on on a different thread, smells like a coup.

I have doubts that the Grand Priest may be directly related, YES Whis called him Father, but a lot of priests are called Father, arent they? DB always had a mock for the western monotheism.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 am

Pluto wrote: So Whis has 4 sisters, any idea how the other 7 relate to them?
If all the girl angels are related to Whis, I think it's likely the other 7 are too, but we will have to wait and see.
Pluto wrote: I have doubts that the Grand Priest may be directly related, YES Whis called him Father, but a lot of priests are called Father, arent they? DB always had a mock for the western monotheism.
The word Whis used in japanese was お父様/Otō-sama, a variation of お父さん/Otō-san, which is only ever used to refer to your literal father, it is not used to refer to priests, from what I understand.
-凯

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 am

kaialone wrote:The word Whis used in japanese was お父様/Otō-sama, a variation of お父さん/Otō-san, which is only ever used to refer to your literal father, it is not used to refer to priests, from what I understand.
You are right in this case, Whis called him father in japanese, it wasnt a japanised english word, if it was Fadura (father), it would've been definitely a mock alla DB towards western dogmas.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:43 am

Well the one on the top right (Angel of universe 12) definitely isn't "beautiful". It looks more like a fat old granny lol

Anyways, just like someone already pointed out, there is no evidence that the other 6 angels of the erased universes got erased aswell by Zeno. As evidenced today that Angels are usually kept alive. And also, i thought it was obvious that all Angels are brothers/sisters and thus the children of the Grand Priest, though no confirmation was ever given, so good find man! (Y)

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 am

Maybe Zeno has a wife or something.