"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:02 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Only U9 and U7 are actually eliminating people
Universe 6 has the same amount of eliminations as Universe 9
Who did U6 eliminate?

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:03 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Who did U6 eliminate?
Frost eliminated Krillin.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:45 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Who did U6 eliminate?
Here's a pretty helpful graphic with all the eliminations

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Props to the creator (listed on the graphic) for making it and updating it after each episode
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Power Metal wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Who did U6 eliminate?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Props to the creator (listed on the graphic) for making it and updating it after each episode
Your image is not working.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Power Metal wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Who did U6 eliminate?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Your image is not working.
I can see it fine, weird.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Your image is not working.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Yomi wrote:Here are some images.
[spoiler]Image
Power-Level enthusiasts are gonna have a field day with this one.[/spoiler]
YES! YES! YES! YES!

I've been waiting for this since her reveal! Just don't give a damn to logic and have a scene with her screaming: "KAKAROTTOOOOOO!", plz! :mrgreen:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Yomi wrote:Here are some images.
[spoiler]Image
Power-Level enthusiasts are gonna have a field day with this one.[/spoiler]
:eh: SS Berserker Kale is so cool and hot, ah she's just to awesome.

She, along with Frieza and Frost, is one of the characters who are not part of my team that I cheer for.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I have a theory..
Universe 7 indeed gets erased, we aren't wished back either..
The catch is, information cannot be destroyed completely in reality, if this universe follows this basic law, when zeno erases something, where does the matter go?
It's like they just stop existing without a trace, even their souls, maybe that happens because they do indeed stop existing but in this reality, they are simply transported to another one, where we have our eoz in the end..
You know, that's sort of how I feel all of this is going to end. I mean, I doubt DB has the "fortitude" to goes as far as a DC Comics-level cosmic resetting, but I'm not throwing out the possibility. I mean, if U7 DOES get erased and brought back, I feel that the catch will be that it's not REALLY them, in a manner of speaking.

Hana Midorikawa

Post by Hana Midorikawa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Brianne could bullshit her way to SSJB level or maybe beyond that level due to her gimmick, Magical Girls tend to be op as hell(Sailor Moon, Precure had tons of transformations based on the power of love/friendship).
How exactly could she bullshit her way to any level when we don't even know what her max level is?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Hana Midorikawa wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Brianne could bullshit her way to SSJB level or maybe beyond that level due to her gimmick, Magical Girls tend to be op as hell(Sailor Moon, Precure had tons of transformations based on the power of love/friendship).
How exactly could she bullshit her way to any level when we don't even know what her max level is?
True but he has a point

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:25 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Who did U6 eliminate?
From this thread;
12. Krillin (Universe 7) (1) has been eliminated by Frost (Universe 6) (1)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:30 pm

You guys really shouldnt underestimate a magical girl. Madoka the magical girl can rewrite a universe, is immortal and nigh omnipresent, sailor moon characters arent pushovers as well.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:37 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:You guys really shouldnt underestimate a magical girl. Madoka the magical girl can rewrite a universe, is immortal and nigh omnipresent, sailor moon characters arent pushovers as well.
I've said it before, the show has said it before. It dose not matter what your foe looks like or how weird their powers may be, all of that has ZERO baring on how powerful they are. The fact they use magical abilities actually makes them more dangerous as their attacks do not function the same way as ki, cannot be sensed and its freaking magic i.e. physics breaking, nonsense power.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:You guys really shouldnt underestimate a magical girl. Madoka the magical girl can rewrite a universe, is immortal and nigh omnipresent, sailor moon characters arent pushovers as well.
Who the hell underestimating Brianne? the strongest character in this series is a fucking Pokemon not to mention other examples where the whole don't judge a book by it's cover

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:57 pm

It's entirely because the character is fat. If she stayed in her first form, the one with the green hair that looked good, people wouldn't have a problem with her being so strong. It's just that she looks like a fat, obese, ugly teletubby that people think she's weak or can't be strong.

As said, this is Dragonball. Everyone should know appearance does not determine how strong a character is. In this series the shortest characters or fattest characters are usually insanely powerful anyway.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:58 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Who the hell underestimating Brianne? the strongest character in this series is a fucking Pokemon not to mention other examples where the whole don't judge a book by it's cover
Some in this thread sadly, for some reason I dont know if its because of her design or her character setup as a magical girl or both.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 pm

precita wrote:It's entirely because the character is fat. If she stayed in her first form, the one with the green hair that looked good, people wouldn't have a problem with her being so strong. It's just that she looks like a fat, obese, ugly teletubby that people think she's weak or can't be strong.

As said, this is Dragonball. Everyone should know appearance does not determine how strong a character is. In this series the shortest characters or fattest characters are usually insanely powerful anyway.
I dont think people assume shes weak. They just assume she isnt winning the tournament and hasnt received the development needed to where it would mean something if she eliminates a main character.

If I had to guess Vegeta will fight her and win before losing to Hit or Toppo.

Though it could be the reverse and he beats one of them before losing to her. Who knows.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:07 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Some in this thread sadly, for some reason I dont know if its because of her design or her character setup as a magical girl or both.
She's been portrayed as Vegeta's rival from the intro, dunno why she's getting underestimated. Is it because Vegeta was fighting in SS?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I have a theory..
Universe 7 indeed gets erased, we aren't wished back either..
The catch is, information cannot be destroyed completely in reality, if this universe follows this basic law, when zeno erases something, where does the matter go?
It's like they just stop existing without a trace, even their souls, maybe that happens because they do indeed stop existing but in this reality, they are simply transported to another one, where we have our eoz in the end..
You know, that's sort of how I feel all of this is going to end. I mean, I doubt DB has the "fortitude" to goes as far as a DC Comics-level cosmic resetting, but I'm not throwing out the possibility. I mean, if U7 DOES get erased and brought back, I feel that the catch will be that it's not REALLY them, in a manner of speaking.
I don't understand this mentality though, I've long said we've passed the point when the narrative can continue indefinitely into the future due to sheer scale. I proposed a reset with the Super Dragonballs such that BoG and everything subsequent never happened and thus Zamasu never goes evil and Black is never born, Trunks timeline is never erased, etc etc. This is deemed too unbelievable yet many theorize that Goku and crew if eliminated wouldn't stay that way or that the universe won't really be proposed or if they are they will be brought back. Narratively this is the ultimate stakes here. There's literally nothing more to fight for beyond this. If a reset of anything occurs I don't think it will just retcon the Universal arc it will not be just the thisbkne arc that changes