"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Hit said that Frost improved so much that he forced him to take him seriously, so he should be around Dyspo level, remember that Dyspo only had the upperhand vs Hit because he had prep and knowledge of Hits tokitobashi.

Then in the PV he seems in trouble fighting MajiKayo.

Its like Toriyama loves Roshi as much as the Pilaf Gang, but this time he might agree in making Roshi stronger than the likes of Piccolo if he doesnt get fodderized by Frost.
What is Dyspo level? I think Dyspo mighy actually lose next episode because why would Jiren be there otherwise.

You couldn't resist mentioning Piccolo could you and even if they got Whis to say that Roshi is stronger than Piccolo no one would ever believe it.

Watch Roshi save Vegeta from losing to Frost easily.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:25 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lionel wrote:As with others, I'm erring on the side of caution by preserving low expectations for Piccolo. Nothing much seems to be implied as potential material for him besides the two U6 Namekians. No one besides Rubalt has taken any particular interest in him. I think most of his screen time is going to involve collaborating with and defending Gohan since that appears to be where the bulk of his characterisation is being apportioned to at the moment. I would hate to witness yet another sacrificial defence scene with Piccolo being served up to rescue Gohan from a certain death/death, but knowing how Super likes to make nods to the classics it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to drudge up the infamous Piccolo death scene from the Saiyan arc yet again. Piccolo isn't being given much room to distinguish himself as a character with his own desires and quirks in this arc and I find that to be disappointing.

If by some miracle Piccolo were to achieve a surprising assimilation boost from Saonel and Pilina, I still wouldn't be holding my breath for anything truly spectacular that's on par with the strongest fighters of the tournament.
Piccolo's potential material with the Namekians is more than 17, 18, Gohan and Vegeta have so I fail to understand the negativity.

Everyone keeps saying Gohan is going to do something important but what is that exactly? People keep saying Toppo but people also say that about Vegeta and Frieza and all 3 can't have him.

What is 18 going to do that is so important and even 17?

The only fighter anyone is paying attention to is Goku and the rest of the fighters don't care about the rest of Universe 7.

Why is Piccolo learning more about his own race and getting stronger from it so unbelievable to many of you?
Don't know why you mentioned 17 and especially 18. 18 herself is a fodder and has simply done better than some expected she'd do. 17 is one of the top tier fighters, but I don't have a doubt in my mind that he's not getting a big fight. It's obvious why people feel strongly about Gohan, but I do agree, that unlike Goku there's clearly no set end game opponent for him like there is with Goku fighting Jiren. I feel it's not that it's hard to accept, but that people just don't think it'll happen because of the fact Piccolo has been treated like shit for most of Super and far worse than Gohan. When Gohan and Piccolo were irrelevant, character still praised Gohan and said he could still be incredibly powerful, whereas with Piccolo even his own teammates treated him pretty poorly. Regardless, There's also other factors like the way Gohan's been presented this saga to some people, as well as some people genuinely believing in the ending theory. There are a variety of reasons why, then there's the fact that Piccolo clearly isn't being written as more than Gohan's satellite character this saga which is personally for me my biggest problem with the way they're using him.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Really dislike this notion of "Fodder" and "Fodderizing" this fandom has picked up lately. Not everyone is going to be as strong as SSB Goku and Vegeta. I see people calling Dyspo "fodder" despite him doing better than what Vegeta did agaisnt Hit. What's their criteria for someone not being fodder? Having some edgy badass design? Being outright told beforehand "This guy is powerful!"?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lionel wrote:As with others, I'm erring on the side of caution by preserving low expectations for Piccolo. Nothing much seems to be implied as potential material for him besides the two U6 Namekians. No one besides Rubalt has taken any particular interest in him. I think most of his screen time is going to involve collaborating with and defending Gohan since that appears to be where the bulk of his characterisation is being apportioned to at the moment. I would hate to witness yet another sacrificial defence scene with Piccolo being served up to rescue Gohan from a certain death/death, but knowing how Super likes to make nods to the classics it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to drudge up the infamous Piccolo death scene from the Saiyan arc yet again. Piccolo isn't being given much room to distinguish himself as a character with his own desires and quirks in this arc and I find that to be disappointing.

If by some miracle Piccolo were to achieve a surprising assimilation boost from Saonel and Pilina, I still wouldn't be holding my breath for anything truly spectacular that's on par with the strongest fighters of the tournament.
Piccolo's potential material with the Namekians is more than 17, 18, Gohan and Vegeta have so I fail to understand the negativity.

Everyone keeps saying Gohan is going to do something important but what is that exactly? People keep saying Toppo but people also say that about Vegeta and Frieza and all 3 can't have him.

The only fighter anyone is paying attention to is Goku and the rest of the fighters don't care about the rest of Universe 7.

Why is Piccolo learning more about his own race and getting stronger from it so unbelievable to many of you?
Don't know why you mentioned 17 and especially 18. 18 herself is a fodder and has simply done better than some expected she'd do. 17 is one of the top tier fighters, but I don't have a doubt in my mind that he's not getting a big fight. It's obvious why people feel strongly about Gohan, but I do agree, that unlike Goku there's clearly no set end game opponent for him like there is with Goku fighting Jiren. I feel it's not that it's hard to accept, but that people just don't think it'll happen because of the fact Piccolo has been treated like shit for most of Super and far worse than Gohan. When Gohan and Piccolo were irrelevant, character still praised Gohan and said he could still be incredibly powerful, whereas with Piccolo even his own teammates treated him pretty poorly. Regardless, There's also other factors like the way Gohan's been presented this saga to some people, as well as some people genuinely believing in the ending theory. There are a variety of reasons why, then there's the fact that Piccolo clearly isn't being written as more than Gohan's satellite character this saga which is personally for me my biggest problem with the way they're using him.
No one seems to mention 18 as fodder even though she is no where near as strong as everyone else whereas with Piccolo it is non-stop.

They talk about Gohan's potential in every arc so that is no different.

When people talk about Piccolo not being written in a positive way becuase of the recruitment arc and the stary of the tournament it makes no sense to me. This is becuase during the recruitment the only reason Piccolo needed to appear was to train Gohan becuase he was always going to say yes 100%. Every other character needed convincing and to prove themselves so that is why they got more screen time.

Piccolo and Gohan not doing much now most likely implies they should get good fights later.

Piccolo was always going to save Gohan in some capacity throughout the tournament because Gohan simply lacks the concentration so as a Piccolo fan I don't see anything that bad with Piccolo righy now.

The Namekians actually give Piccolo fans something to potentially look forward to for a long time.
Nekis13 wrote:Really dislike this notion of "Fodder" and "Fodderizing" this fandom has picked up lately. Not everyone is going to be as strong as SSB Goku and Vegeta. I see people calling Dyspo "fodder" despite him doing better than what Vegeta did agaisnt Hit. What's their criteria for someone not being fodder? Having some edgy badass design? Being outright told beforehand "This guy is powerful!"?
I don't like the term either and too many people describe fighters as fodder because they are weaker than Goku and it is completely ridiculous.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Nekis13 wrote:Really dislike this notion of "Fodder" and "Fodderizing" this fandom has picked up lately. Not everyone is going to be as strong as SSB Goku and Vegeta. I see people calling Dyspo "fodder" despite him doing better than what Vegeta did agaisnt Hit. What's their criteria for someone not being fodder? Having some edgy badass design? Being outright told beforehand "This guy is powerful!"?
^^^Well Said Nekis13, I agree 100%!

I said this on my Home Thread of Comic Book Resources well around the time-period Universe 9 Got erased and that is I have Really come to Disliked the Foilism use of Fodder, Trash, Jabronie, what you call them, Downgrading Fights to status of less then Noteworthy status. I found it lacking of Imagination, Concepts of what can be and the ideals that ALL these 80 fighters are Not Treated as the Best of the Best their Universes Have to Offer!

Each and Everyone one of these Fighters are Warriors, Fighters, Heroes, Champions, Guardians, whatever their statue they have worked hard to achiever their level of power and used that power in their own ways. We have to Remember that Most of all Power is a Journey of Power, different paths to different forms of power. Each fighter has achieved a different level of power depending on where their level is at the time of the ToP was announced!

Yet we treat that as something for them to be ashamed of?!

That Because they are Not all Now at the OP level of Goku or Vegeta or Frieza or what we Believe about Jiren that all their Time Training, their Journey, their Struggles, their Battles are ALL for Nothing cause they matter less cause they just did not gain this level of OP Power?! Who to say they can't, they just got interrupted cause of this ToP Thrown on them in 40 hours to decide who will defend them, that is not a way to prepare for Stakes this high!

Even Dragon Ball Z Gave the Z warriors a YEAR to Prepare for Nappa and Vegita, Gave use 3 years for the Andriods arriving and the Time Chamber to go up against Cell. These Guys had 40 Hours, That is less than Honorable of a Time-period to Prepare for the end to All Things!

But mostly, to sit back an Only Caring about those most Powerful, to lack the use of our Imaginations towards what fights we never got to see fight and the level of skill and power that was on display in those fights and push them aside as a waste of time cause it is Not Goku vs. Jiren Leves?! :wtf:

That is Highly Disrespectful for the ideals we have had for these warriors that have gone threw their own Paths of Power like U7 Z Warriors did that we gave time and Respect too!

None of Us can hold a Candle to an Olympian! Yet do we call All those Olympians who don't win a medal a Loser and a Waste of Trashy?! :eh:

We need to get our Priorities Straight, this is something Comic Book Universes settled long ago, not the most powerful is always the best, Look at Batman or DareDevil!

We have become to obsessed with Power Levels and the New Transformations to see the Grandness of the Fights that can be right infront of us, no matter what level they are at.
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:00 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Hit said that Frost improved so much that he forced him to take him seriously, so he should be around Dyspo level, remember that Dyspo only had the upperhand vs Hit because he had prep and knowledge of Hits tokitobashi.

Then in the PV he seems in trouble fighting MajiKayo.

Its like Toriyama loves Roshi as much as the Pilaf Gang, but this time he might agree in making Roshi stronger than the likes of Piccolo if he doesnt get fodderized by Frost.
What is Dyspo level? I think Dyspo mighy actually lose next episode because why would Jiren be there otherwise.

You couldn't resist mentioning Piccolo could you and even if they got Whis to say that Roshi is stronger than Piccolo no one would ever believe it.

To play devil's advocate, the scene with Jiren could come first. Dyspo could barge in like "Sorry...you can't fight my leader. Beat me first"
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:13 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

No one seems to mention 18 as fodder even though she is no where near as strong as everyone else whereas with Piccolo it is non-stop.

They talk about Gohan's potential in every arc so that is no different.

When people talk about Piccolo not being written in a positive way becuase of the recruitment arc and the stary of the tournament it makes no sense to me. This is becuase during the recruitment the only reason Piccolo needed to appear was to train Gohan becuase he was always going to say yes 100%. Every other character needed convincing and to prove themselves so that is why they got more screen time.

Piccolo and Gohan not doing much now most likely implies they should get good fights later.

Piccolo was always going to save Gohan in some capacity throughout the tournament because Gohan simply lacks the concentration so as a Piccolo fan I don't see anything that bad with Piccolo righy now.

The Namekians actually give Piccolo fans something to potentially look forward to for a long time.
I don't like the term either and too many people describe fighters as fodder because they are weaker than Goku and it is completely ridiculous.
Nobody mentions 18 because nobody expects her to get a big fight at all.

You don't get it. It's the way he's being written. Him re-training Gohan was fine, it's the fact that his character pretty much is completely tied to Gohan is the problem. It's starting to show in this tournament. There's no reason they had to have Piccolo be a meatshield for Gohan last episode. It made them both look bad.

That's more so your hopes and speculation than something that's backed up by anything. You yourself sometimes claim what makes it likely Gohan's getting any big fight but when it's convenient for Piccolo you use the same argument to support Piccolo.

No, Piccolo was always going to save Gohan because they seem to not want to write something more creative. Fair, you may not see it as bad, though I do. Gohan currently shouldn't need to have his hands still being held, and Piccolo shouldn't be a meatshield or a hypeman for him anymore. It's gotten old.

And I hope for the sake of Piccolo fans, the Namekians end up having some significance even beyond this saga, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I actually see something that gives me clear indication that'll be the case.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Jigurashi wrote: Nobody mentions 18 because nobody expects her to get a big fight at all.

You don't get it. It's the way he's being written. Him re-training Gohan was fine, it's the fact that his character pretty much is completely tied to Gohan is the problem. It's starting to show in this tournament. There's no reason they had to have Piccolo be a meatshield for Gohan last episode. It made them both look bad.

That's more so your hopes and speculation than something that's backed up by anything. You yourself sometimes claim what makes it likely Gohan's getting any big fight but when it's convenient for Piccolo you use the same argument to support Piccolo.

No, Piccolo was always going to save Gohan because they seem to not want to write something more creative. Fair, you may not see it as bad, though I do. Gohan currently shouldn't need to have his hands still being held, and Piccolo shouldn't be a meatshield or a hypeman for him anymore. It's gotten old.

And I hope for the sake of Piccolo fans, the Namekians end up having some significance even beyond this saga, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I actually see something that gives me clear indication that'll be the case.

Anything done by Toei always has these sort of things no matter what happens.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Since the special is seemingly just episodes 109 and 110 aired together I decided to check out where 133 would land if we had one more break with New Years and it turns out that if that's how it plays out episode 133 will be the final episode of March. Still could mean nothing that Box 11 has an extra episode, but I do think it's interesting that 133 might very well end up being the final episode of a cour.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Since the special is seemingly just episodes 109 and 110 aired together I decided to check out where 133 would land if we had one more break with New Years and it turns out that if that's how it plays out episode 133 will be the final episode of March. Still could mean nothing that Box 11 has an extra episode, but I do think it's interesting that 133 might very well end up being the final episode of a cour.
What do you mean by "cour"?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Since the special is seemingly just episodes 109 and 110 aired together I decided to check out where 133 would land if we had one more break with New Years and it turns out that if that's how it plays out episode 133 will be the final episode of March. Still could mean nothing that Box 11 has an extra episode, but I do think it's interesting that 133 might very well end up being the final episode of a cour.
When do the seasonal cours typically start? I know they waited until the summer season to start the tournament of power officially.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Noah wrote: What do you mean by "cour"?
A cour is 13 weeks, they are also known as "seasons" for shows.
BlueBasilisk wrote: When do the seasonal cours typically start? I know they waited until the summer season to start the tournament of power officially.
The Winter season is January-March, Spring is April-June, Summer is July-September and Winter is October-December.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:01 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

They will because its DBS, known for retconning and ignoring stuff that happened in Z because they want to in order to get money. Look at Kale, who showed feats that make her Blue level.

Toei will completely ignore the PLs in Z because for them now it means NOTHING.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The Winter season is January-March, Spring is April-June, Summer is July-September and Winter is October-December.
I see. So since the climax is beginning with the special in October, there's a chance the finale of the tournament will take up the Winter season. But I could see it ending before that with some fluff episodes at the end of December and through January.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:22 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The Winter season is January-March, Spring is April-June, Summer is July-September and Winter is October-December.
I see. So since the climax is beginning with the special in October, there's a chance the finale of the tournament will take up the Winter season. But I could see it ending before that with some fluff episodes at the end of December and through January.
Sure, that's possible.
I personally think the climax of the tournament is going to end in November, but the arc won't be over until next year due to something going down. We'll see though!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Sure, that's possible.
I personally think the climax of the tournament is going to end in November, but the arc won't be over until next year due to something going down. We'll see though!
I hope so. I'm enjoying this arc, but the shorter arcs before this have spoiled me and I'm ready to move on to new and exciting things. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Sure, that's possible.
I hope so. I'm enjoying this arc, but the shorter arcs before this have spoiled me and I'm ready to move on to new and exciting things. :lol:
I'm absolutely ready to see what the next arc is. I really got used to short arcs and the fact that this one isn't that high up on my favorites list makes it feel like it's dragging for me.

A November end at the latest would be perfect. Maybe we could finally get that Christmas/New Years special. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm absolutely ready to see what the next arc is. I really got used to short arcs and the fact that this one isn't that high up on my favorites list makes it feel like it's dragging for me.

A November end at the latest would be perfect. Maybe we could finally get that Christmas/New Years special. :mrgreen:
If a new one hasn't started by then, we might find out what the new arc is at Jump Festa. It's Dec 17-18 this year.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm absolutely ready to see what the next arc is. I really got used to short arcs and the fact that this one isn't that high up on my favorites list makes it feel like it's dragging for me.

If a new one hasn't started by then, we might find out what the new arc is at Jump Festa. It's Dec 17-18 this year.
Many thanks! :mrgreen: I always enjoy Jump Festa. It's a really fun event to follow.

If a new arc is announced there, I hope they do a promo video like they did last year: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/20/dr ... nal-video/
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Many thanks! :mrgreen: I always enjoy Jump Festa. It's a really fun event to follow.

If a new arc is announced there, I hope they do a promo video like they did last year: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/20/dr ... nal-video/
If the current arc ends before then then I imagine that's where we'll get the next arc announcement.
If the current arc is still going but the tournament is over I imagine we'll just get a new visual for the arc.
If the tournament is still going then... I guess we could get a teaser for the end of the tournament.