"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:32 am

Basako wrote:
The gr wrote:Can we just wait for the full thing to judge the fight, just How we know beers is stomping everyone
This is the manga thread, where do you think you are?
Power levels thread?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:32 am

pacz360 wrote:Manga not even above the anime in quality there practically bin the same boat
The manga has consistant art and writing while the other is an inconsistant mess most of the time. How are they the same ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:33 am

Kanassa wrote:
Basako wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And it doesn't feel like it so far. It feels like any other generic fight.
Gimme a break, two panels.
That's why I said 'So far', as in 'What I've seen so far looks boring' and why I started off hoping for more scans soon.
It looks totally fine for now, the gods attacking each other. Nothing boring about it.
Weren't you just telling me to not give an opinion on what's been presented so far?
Yeah man, sure. How boring this two panels. Gimme a break, really. Like you are even giving it a chance.
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Basako wrote:
The gr wrote:Can we just wait for the full thing to judge the fight, just How we know beers is stomping everyone
Power levels thread?!
That's another paradise.
Last edited by Basako on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:33 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:The manga did way better than the anime as per usual.
Not even close wait for the full chapter
sintzu wrote:
Were you expecting anything else ? you can really tell Toyotarou is doing his absolute best to make this as genuine of a continuation to the original as possible and I'm more than happy with the result. I just wish the anime turned out this good.
Manga not even above the anime in quality there practically bin the same boat
Deluded.
Never before have I seen such a decisive, well-researched, well rounded and meaningful argument.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:34 am

Basako wrote:
Not really don't you remember hit's nerf and caulifla getting ssb?It's just the general reaction of fanbase.
And please don't turn this into a strength thread,there's made for the sole purpose of discussing that.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 am

Basako wrote:Like you are even giving it a chance.
How am I not giving it a chance? Please, explain this to me. I looked at the panels presented and didn't think much of them. Do I have too high a standard? Have I given any indication that I'm judging the fight as a whole on incomplete amount of pages (Even though I've clearly explained I'm judging these panels alone and hoping for the rest of the fight soon so I can judge it as a whole)?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:39 am

Hawk9211 wrote:please don't turn this into a strength thread,there's made for the sole purpose of discussing that.
It's going to be hard to avoide that cause the chapter has the 12 destroyers fighting so of course people are going to bring up their power.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 am

Kanassa wrote:
How am I not giving it a chance? Please, explain this to me. I looked at the panels presented and didn't think much of them. Do I have too high a standard? Have I given any indication that I'm judging the fight as a whole on incomplete amount of pages (Even though I've clearly explained I'm judging these panels alone and hoping for the rest of the fight soon so I can judge it as a whole)?
Because you aren't, you've already made a negative judgement over two panels. They have nothing generic about them. It's manga hate, but you could at least make it less obvious.
sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:please don't turn this into a strength thread,there's made for the sole purpose of discussing that.
It's going to be hard to avoide that cause the chapter has the 12 destroyers fighting so of course people are going to bring up their power.
Agreed, there's an interesting fight and power levels to be discussed.
Heno heno kappa!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 am

Basako wrote:Because you aren't, you'very already made a negative judgement over two panels.
I've made a negative judgement of the panels shown. As I've repeatedly stated. I've seen the panels. And I've said those panels are boring to me. That's it. I have not made a judgement of the entire fight, just what's been shown.
They have nothing generic about them. It's manga hate, but you could at least make it less obvious.
So, I'm not giving it a chance because I have an opinion you disagree with?

Kanassa wrote:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 am

Basako wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Because you aren't, you've already made a negative judgement over two panels. They have nothing generic about them. It's manga hate, but you could at least make it less obvious.
sintzu wrote:
Agreed, there's an interesting fight and power levels to be discussed.
I don't mind power level discussion but we all know it will turn into a dicussion about asspulls,comparison with anime and dbz along with head cannons that some certain people present as universal truth.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:51 am

Kanassa wrote:
Basako wrote:Because you aren't, you'very already made a negative judgement over two panels.
I've made a negative judgement of the panels shown. As I've repeatedly stated. I've seen the panels. And I've said those panels are boring to me. That's it. I have not made a judgement of the entire fight, just what's been shown.
They have nothing generic about them. It's manga hate, but you could at least make it less obvious.
So, I'm not giving it a chance because I have an opinion you disagree with?
I disagree, sure, but you are still judging it over two panels. Gimme a break. Tell me more, you usually like the manga, right? Two panels, about a totally unseen fight. And the four anime scans? How boring they look. My godness.
Heno heno kappa!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:54 am

I hope we see Beerus take a beating, it'd be nice to show that he's not all powerful.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:55 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:The manga did way better than the anime as per usual.
Not even close wait for the full chapter
sintzu wrote:
Were you expecting anything else ? you can really tell Toyotarou is doing his absolute best to make this as genuine of a continuation to the original as possible and I'm more than happy with the result. I just wish the anime turned out this good.
Deluded.
Aww shit btfo how will I ever recover :lol:
sintzu wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Manga not even above the anime in quality there practically bin the same boat
The manga has consistant art and writing while the other is an inconsistant mess most of the time. How are they the same ?
WOW A MANGA ART GONNA LOOK BETTER THAN THE ANIME TRULY PUTS IT ABOVE IT
Just because Power levels is less headache inducing in the manga doesn't make it much better especially how guys like hit,black,zamasu been treated
Last edited by pacz360 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:56 am

Kanassa wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Not even close wait for the full chapter
Deluded.
Never before have I seen such a decisive, well-researched, well rounded and meaningful argument.
The manga's already done better than the anime:
1) Vegeta vs Beerus.
2) Gods fighting each other.

I'm 100% that some of wasted the characters, especially those from U7, will be treated like they should instead of going down because they "dropped their guard". :clap:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

pacz360 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Deluded.
Aw shit btfo how will I ever recover :clap:
sintzu wrote:
Just because Power levels is less headache inducing in the manga doesn't make it much better especially how guys like hit,black,zamasu been treated
I agree, one of the greatest flaws of the manga is that the villains of each arc are poorly handled. They aren't half the threats they are in the anime

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

I find it funny how you guys jumped on Kanassa for saying he finds the leaked panels boring, but can also at the same time come to the conclusion this is better than the anime from... well... a couple of pages.

Chapter looks like a lot of fun, though! I wonder if Toyo dropped that ceremonial outfit for the gods, since that panel of them bowing to Daishinkan is the same form the preview. That would be quite sad. Loved that touch.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

pacz360 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Deluded.
Aww shit btfo how will I ever recover :lol:
sintzu wrote:
I suppose you like how the protagonist Son Goku's treated, let's just hope he doesn't drop his guard tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

Is this suppose to be the exhibition match of the manga? Because if it is, there is no way, Toei would have been able to animate that.

But we spent 5 episodes on that shit, man. Please don't tell me it was filler, I will be so upset!!!

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

I really don't like that Beerus is that strong.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am

Draconic wrote:I find it funny how you guys jumped on Kanassa for saying he finds the leaked panels boring, but can also at the same time come to the conclusion this is better than the anime from... well... a couple of pages.

Chapter looks like a lot of fun, though! I wonder if Toyo dropped that ceremonial outfit for the gods, since that panel of them bowing to Daishinkan is the same form the preview. That would be quite sad. Loved that touch.
I think I'm the only one that jumped over Kanassa and I didn't compare it to the anime. You can say they are making premature judgements too, sure, but not in relation to my discussion with Kanassa.
Heno heno kappa!