"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The gr wrote:
Doctor. wrote:"Let's introduce eleven new ultra powerful characters and make them look like fools in front of this guy introduced at the beginning of the series who our main characters are catching up to."

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attack
Doctor. wrote:allegedly.
I'm with ya on it looks bad, and I hope it's not the case.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:48 pm

The gr wrote:
Doctor. wrote:"Let's introduce eleven new ultra powerful characters and make them look like fools in front of this guy introduced at the beginning of the series who our main characters are catching up to."

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attacks left and right
But he made them look like fools and even hit Champa so hard that everyone thought it was Bills flying around.

Not that I complain though. This is great.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Namz wrote:
The gr wrote:

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attacks left and right
But he made them look like fools and even hit Champa so hard that everyone thought it was Bills flying around.

Not that I complain though. This is great.
Yeah man, I'm proud of our Beerus! 8)
Heno heno kappa!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Totamo wrote:
Noah wrote:Who told you guys that Super is canon? :)
Canon is subjective, we have been over this.
Personal canon indeed is, but official canon is not.

allegedly.
Well, it looks the battle between the Gods is not done in this chapter, right? So maybe we can see some Beerus ass kicked by the other Gods next? Shit, I hope.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

gammabeast21

Post by gammabeast21 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:05 pm

(This is my subjective opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you have a different opinion, that means we can debate, but don't attack me because I have different views than you.)

I wonder how the response to U7 vs U9 exhibition would have been if we got GoD Battle Royal from the manga first. I think people would agree with me that Buu getting a fight that shows off his fighting mentality and relationship with Mr Satan, and Gohan having a fight before getting his fighting sense back is better than getting GoD -so far generic- brawl with each other while giving Beerus the Toyotaro manga-fashion wank.

I know it's only a few panels so far but we haven't seen any techniques like the anime whether it's Basil's kicking style, Lavenda's Poison , or Bergamo's employing the concept of negative feedback. We just see flying around, brawling and Ki blasts. Then we also have to remember that the anime also had GoD's fight- for about only 3 min- and personally it felt was a lot more entertaining with each GoD feeling unique.

I don't mention the Goku vs Toppo fight as it could still possibly happen in the manga too.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm

gammabeast21 wrote:(This is my subjective opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you have a different opinion, that means we can debate, but don't attack me because I have different views than you.)

I wonder how the response to U7 vs U9 exhibition would have been if we got GoD Battle Royal from the manga first. I think people would agree with me that Buu getting a fight that shows off his fighting mentality and relationship with Mr Satan, and Gohan having a fight before getting his fighting sense back is better than getting GoD -so far generic- brawl with each other while giving Beerus the Toyotaro manga-fashion wank.
In the end that fight was filler and forgettable since Buu didn't enter the tournament.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm

If nothing else the implications that one of the Gods of Destruction (a supposedly good guy) has a harem is WAAAAY above the animes target audience of 5 year olds.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm

TheMikado wrote:Hahaha the insanity this is causing is amazing.

Seeing people conflate anime only lines with manga lines seems to be causing the most confusion.

Either way I'm loving this, it looks like the GoDs aren't too set on loyalty lines either which makes this fight even more interesting.
If this happened in the anime you'd be the first one complaining just like you do anytime anything happens in the anime.

Your bias is very clear.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:23 pm

gammabeast21 wrote:I wonder how the response to U7 vs U9 exhibition would have been if we got GoD Battle Royal from the manga first. I think people would agree with me that Buu getting a fight that shows off his fighting mentality and relationship with Mr Satan, and Gohan having a fight before getting his fighting sense back is better than getting GoD -so far generic- brawl with each other while giving Beerus the Toyotaro manga-fashion wank.

I know it's only a few panels so far but we haven't seen any techniques like the anime whether it's Basil's kicking style, Lavenda's Poison , or Bergamo's employing the concept of negative feedback. We just see flying around, brawling and Ki blasts. Then we also have to remember that the anime also had GoD's fight- for about only 3 min- and personally it felt was a lot more entertaining with each GoD feeling unique.

I don't mention the Goku vs Toppo fight as it could still possibly happen in the manga too.
I like both versions in this case, my friend. It's soon to say the exhibition matches won't happen. Twelve incrediby strong characters fighting each other, this is the second battle royale in the manga, the first one was in the 25th tournament and in practice it was a one on one between 18 and Mighty Mask. I liked Basil's kicks and Lavenda's the poison, but they are classic one on ones in the end. Depends on where you seek the novelty. I don't think no one ever said Gotenks fight was better for bringing bizarre techniques, than Goku's with Majin Vegeta, for example. I think there is a quite negative lens towards the manga going on in here. The fight is cool, some gods seem to unite against Beerus, but at the same time they still betray each other. On the sides we can see others like Quitela, Rumosh and Mosco. There is plenty room to enjoy this, but this forum, this thread. It's really negative. Same every month. It's a pity.
TheMikado wrote:If nothing else the implications that one of the Gods of Destruction (a supposedly good guy) has a harem is WAAAAY above the animes target audience of 5 year olds.
That is great, those must be girls from his home planet, clown planet or whatever. I understand this didn't make it to the anime, looks totally a harem!
Last edited by Basako on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

gammabeast21

Post by gammabeast21 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:26 pm

In the end that fight was filler and forgettable since Buu didn't enter the tournament.
Super has no filler, only different continuities. There the manga continuity and the anime continuity. E.g. Hit still has his techniques from his rematch with Goku.

By your logic anything that doesn't happen in both manga and anime is filler. So Gohan wanting to retrain to protect his family is filler. SSBKaiokenX10 and Completed SSB is filler. Regulsr SSJ Goku Black is filler. Completed SSB Vegeta vs Beerus is filler. Father-Son Galaxy Gun is filler. Frost revealing that he is actually evil and running his own planet trading empire is filler. I could go on but you probably get the point.

If you want Canon so badly then it's neither the manga or the anime but toriyama's miniscule outline arc outlines

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

gammabeast21 wrote:(This is my subjective opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you have a different opinion, that means we can debate, but don't attack me because I have different views than you.)

Buu vs Basil was kinda generic TBH asides from good kicks and Tate, this month looks cool with banter between the God,you don't need flashy technique to make a fight better,ep 101 offer interesting technique yet that episode is so boring and dull in spite of original moves and How beerus is wanked here, can you please wait for the full thing
Last edited by The gr on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Basako wrote:It's soon to say the exhibition matches won't happen.
This is probably it: the setting is the same and Goku and Top are there.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:45 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Basako wrote:It's soon to say the exhibition matches won't happen.
This is probably it: the setting is the same and Goku and Top are there.
Yeah, Toppo being there looks like the Goku vs Toppo will happen next, so very posibly the previous won't.
Heno heno kappa!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Yup I saw Toppo in the meeting & the page where vermoud kicked sidra to the platform,so is likely we will see Goku vs toppo next
Mostly active on discord.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:58 pm

The gr wrote:Yup I saw Toppo in the meeting & the page where vermoud kicked sidra to the platform,so is likely we will see Goku vs toppo next
The GoD fight is continuing into next chapter. Somehow it'll segway into mortals fighting instead

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:41 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Man, the Beerus wank is so real, holy shit. Not happy with having other GoD struggle with keeping up with him.
Same. Beerus wank isn't good for fans. I find it hard to believe how someone who spends most of his time sleeping be the strongest

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:Man, the Beerus wank is so real, holy shit. Not happy with having other GoD struggle with keeping up with him.
Same. Beerus wank isn't good for fans. I find it hard to believe how someone who spends most of his time sleeping be the strongest
How is beerus being wank even through we don't have the full chapter,that like saying Dyspo being wank because the preview said That Dyspo was owning Hit through that didn't happen.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Yeah it doesn't look like there's going to be any Zen Exhibition which will mean the recruitment of the Team will begin in the next chapter and probably the Tournament itself in the one after that in November.

So the manga might catch up a by a few months.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Hahaha the insanity this is causing is amazing.

Seeing people conflate anime only lines with manga lines seems to be causing the most confusion.

Either way I'm loving this, it looks like the GoDs aren't too set on loyalty lines either which makes this fight even more interesting.
If this happened in the anime you'd be the first one complaining just like you do anytime anything happens in the anime.

Your bias is very clear.
Any examples of that actually happening? Like something happens in the anime I don't like and I praise the manga for the same thing or are you just talking out of your @$$?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah it doesn't look like there's going to be any Zen Exhibition which will mean the recruitment of the Team will begin in the next chapter and probably the Tournament itself in the one after that in November.

So the manga might catch up a by a few months.
In a few months, the arc will already be over in the anime. There's no way they're having Jiren vs Goku so soon otherwise.