PlayDia: The Plan to Eradicate the Saiya-jins

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

PlayDia: The Plan to Eradicate the Saiya-jins

Post by Hujio » Mon May 31, 2004 8:03 pm

I guess this is the best place to put this :D. Well I know that Daizenshuu EX has the wonderful "There is no DBZ OVA!" but the one thing I noticed what wasn't so wonderful about it were the screen caps. So being the nice guy I am (mostly bored guy), I decided to help out the cause and take some nice Screen Caps for Daizenshuu EX to use. I also took the liberty of ripping the opening and ending themes from game. Now anyone can use or download these, I don't care, just give me some credit if you please.

I've only gotten around to getting screen caps of Part 1 which was 70 screen caps alone, so we'll see how long it will be before I get around to doing Part 2 :wink:. Also, if the page goes down let me know and I'll try to fix it asap! Well I guess all that's left is for everyone to enjoy and I hope that this helps Daizenshuu EX in some way!

PlayDia: The Plan to Eradicate the Saiya-jins (sorry if the page loads slow)

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 31, 2004 8:09 pm

Hot diggity DAMN, those are hot looking! I can pretend it's an actual good story!

Can I make a small request, if it's OK? I have a section on my site featuring Trunks images from this game, but these images look even worse than the ones on Daizenshuu EX:

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... _game.html

What's the likelyhood of my being able to commission you to re-rip these 25 images from the DragonBox so I can replace my old ones with these on my site? I would love the chance to be able to credit you with making such fabulous caps. It's OK if you can't do it, but if you can, that would be awesome. :D

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon May 31, 2004 8:13 pm

I noticed them on your site too, I almost said something earlier but didn't (oops :oops:). I would be more than happy to do that for ya!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 31, 2004 8:16 pm

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it (I'm sorry, I feel like a moocher, but those images are so droolable!).

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon May 31, 2004 8:18 pm

Oh... what resolution do you want those in? Do you just want them raw and then you can edit them or should I just make them 320X240 like the others? :wink:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 31, 2004 8:51 pm

I figured since I post on Daizenshuu EX's msg board I had a right to swipe your Oozaru group pic. I know that makes no sense but too late! I already took it! MUWAHAHAHA!! (Not for a site. If ever it goes on a site it'd be just for a dorky RPG or personal pic on blogish page)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

I don't own a Playdia

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 9:03 pm

Sorry if I sound stupid but can anyone tell me what goes on in "plan to Eradicate the Saiyans." Great Pictures.

VegettoEX

Re: I don't own a Playdia

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 31, 2004 9:04 pm

Muten Turtel wrote:Sorry if I sound stupid but can anyone tell me what goes on in "plan to Eradicate the Saiyans." Great Pictures.
http://www.daizex.com/general/playdia/synopsis.shtml
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Playdia

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 9:08 pm

Thanks as always X!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 31, 2004 9:17 pm

Thanks for the downloads and great looking images Hujio! They're awesome. ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 31, 2004 10:27 pm

Hujio wrote:Oh... what resolution do you want those in? Do you just want them raw and then you can edit them or should I just make them 320X240 like the others? :wink:
Raw, baby, raw! I can then figure out what to do with the images from there. Since I only need 25 (or however many scenes Trunks is in), hopefully it won't be too much of a pain.

Master_Roshi

Post by Master_Roshi » Mon May 31, 2004 10:33 pm

I've never seen it. Does anyone know where to get this "OVA"?. Is it possible to buy the vhs or dvd ?

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 10:34 pm

You can't get this unless you can find a Japanese playdia and the game I think.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 31, 2004 10:34 pm

Master_Roshi wrote:I've never seen it. Does anyone know where to get this "OVA"?. Is it possible to buy the vhs or dvd ?
Since VegettoEX is playing video games on the couch right now, I'll reply to this since I'm the one sitting at the computer at the moment:

There is no OVA.

That should answer any and all questions you may have about this.

Master_Roshi

Post by Master_Roshi » Mon May 31, 2004 11:02 pm

Muten Turtel wrote
You can't get this unless you can find a Japanese playdia and the game I think
:shock:

Ok, I read the "There is no OVA" page; so there was an official vhs release. Do any of you guys know where I can get this vhs ? :wink:

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 11:04 pm

I don't think it exist to Funimation- No release date it was a video game.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 31, 2004 11:11 pm

It was included as an extra on the second DBZ "Dragon Box" (thus the nice screen caps).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 11:14 pm

Wait I'm at a loss for words here is the second dragon box the Namek saga issued by Pioneer or something?

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 11:17 pm

After reseaching it's an all Japanese thing right?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 31, 2004 11:24 pm

Yes. The "Dragon Box" sets are new Japanese (Region 2) DVD boxsets. They are slightly remastered, progressive, are in completely raw Japanese, and are only available in Japan. If you're lucky. And pre-ordered.

There's two DBZ ones (1-147, 148-291), with a DB one coming soon. The PlayDia footage is contained as an extra on the second DBZ box (without "remastered" video, though... it's presented as-is).

And please try not to reply with one-sentence posts ^^;;.