PlayDia: The Plan to Eradicate the Saiya-jins

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Mon May 31, 2004 11:33 pm

Sorry About that. So this isn't a completly new concept to me but from what I hear this box cost about $800 so I don't think I could get it any time soon. In my personal opinion they should make this one of the GBA episodes. http://gba.gamespy.com/articles/517/517750p1.html I think that would be a good idea but we would all have to do some serious letter writing.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:32 am

Hujio, my man, you are a god...

Thank you lots for sharing these. I was starting to give hope of ever seeing decent media based on that movie.

Do you have any plans on distributing the movie as well? The only version I've ever seen, of course, is the horrible quality fan sub from years ago.

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:51 am

It would be cool if FUNimation released these two movies in a seperate DVD during the same time Budokai 3 comes out. It makes sense to release it because they both have movie characters in them. It would be a great promotion towards Budokai 3, market-wise.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:26 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Do you have any plans on distributing the movie as well? The only version I've ever seen, of course, is the horrible quality fan sub from years ago.
I most likely could rip it and encode it, the problem would be the distribution part. I don't have any place to upload it to. I suppose I could always send to someone on IRC or AIM or something like that. :?: Oh well, we'll figure something out when the time comes.
Meri wrote:Raw, baby, raw! I can then figure out what to do with the images from there. Since I only need 25 (or however many scenes Trunks is in), hopefully it won't be too much of a pain.
Oh it won't be too much of a pain, don't worry about it. By the way I already have 20 screen caps and that's just from the Part 1. I'll keep you updated and let you know when I get done with them.

And thanks to everyone out there who has enjoyed this little project so far. :P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:44 pm

Sweet lords above, man, that's freakin' awesome. I'm practically crapping myself waiting for part 2...

Which brings me to a few questions/requests
1) I saw the footage long ago, but have forgotten how they defeat each enemy. Could you indulge me with such information?
2) Could you take at least 1 or 2 more screens of Tullece (Tares)?
3) If possible, could you do rips from Movie 12? I have trouble finding quality images from that movie, especially of the back-from-Hell enemies.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:11 pm

The S wrote:Which brings me to a few questions/requests
1) I saw the footage long ago, but have forgotten how they defeat each enemy. Could you indulge me with such information?
2) Could you take at least 1 or 2 more screens of Tullece (Tares)?
3) If possible, could you do rips from Movie 12? I have trouble finding quality images from that movie, especially of the back-from-Hell enemies.
1) Once again, you can get all the info you want about the PlayDia Footage by reading the synopsis provided by Daizenshuu EX! If that doesn't answer your question then let me know and I'll try my best... :wink:
2) I surely can! :D
3) I surely can! :D

Give me a couple of days or so to get the screen caps done and I'll post them up for ya! 8)

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:33 pm

Hujio wrote:I most likely could rip it and encode it, the problem would be the distribution part. I don't have any place to upload it to. I suppose I could always send to someone on IRC or AIM or something like that. :?: Oh well, we'll figure something out when the time comes.
I think awhile Mike (Veggetto EX) said that if someone sent him the file, that he would sub it himself. Maybe you should talk to him???

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:39 pm

The S wrote: 3) If possible, could you do rips from Movie 12? I have trouble finding quality images from that movie, especially of the back-from-Hell enemies.
I want to see those, too. :D
Hujio: It's very nice of you to do these things for people. Thankyou. ^.^
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:57 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I think awhile Mike (Veggetto EX) said that if someone sent him the file, that he would sub it himself. Maybe you should talk to him???
I was thinking that myself because I know I wouldn't be able to do near as good a job translating or subbing as Mike, Steve, or Julian. So I figured I'd just rip it and send it on it's way to someone else for subbing. ;)
Mochi wrote:Hujio: It's very nice of you to do these things for people. Thankyou. ^.^
Oh it's ok, I'm just glad that I could help! :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:34 am

Hujio wrote:
Deus ex Machina wrote:I think awhile Mike (Veggetto EX) said that if someone sent him the file, that he would sub it himself. Maybe you should talk to him???
I was thinking that myself because I know I wouldn't be able to do near as good a job translating or subbing as Mike, Steve, or Julian. So I figured I'd just rip it and send it on it's way to someone else for subbing. ;)
Please, please, please let that happen! I'd be the first in line to want to see it!
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:40 am

1) Once again, you can get all the info you want about the PlayDia Footage by reading the synopsis provided by Daizenshuu EX! If that doesn't answer your question then let me know and I'll try my best...
I've read it before, and don't remember them explaining their defeats. I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't.
2) I surely can!
3) I surely can!

Give me a couple of days or so to get the screen caps done and I'll post them up for ya!
Thanks bunchies!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:16 am

Sub the file! Sub the file! Sub the file! :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:25 am

I'm going to back up Dayspring's statement on this. Ahem, SUB THE FILE! PLEASE! :P

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:06 pm

What they said. *points up*

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:19 pm

It would be a huge undertaking... something I'm not willing to do at the moment. Especially since Julian would be the one having to do an hour's worth of translating video for the first time in his life.

Not to mention my having no idea how to sub things ^^.

Regardless, I'd be more than happy to take some VOBs off of your hands.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:21 pm

**Doesn't know what "VOB" stand for** Make some VOBs! Make some VOBs! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:02 pm

What he said! What he said! :D

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:38 pm

I'd settle for the raw video without subtitles if I had to. I need to see this movie...@.@

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:23 pm

Dayspring wrote:Sub the file! Sub the file! Sub the file!
Deus ex Machina wrote:I'd settle for the raw video without subtitles if I had to. I need to see this movie...@.@
I'll see what I can do... ;)
The S wrote:2) Could you take at least 1 or 2 more screens of Tullece (Tares)?
I just posted those a little bit ago and I'll get around to the Movie 12 rips later. You can find the Tares pics here: http://members.cox.net/hodbz/tares.html

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:14 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I'd settle for the raw video without subtitles if I had to. I need to see this movie...@.@
I need to see a non-crappy version of it. I can't really see the subtitles on the one I have. My dad spent $20 on it, too. :shock:
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...