Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Nafno » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 am

Tarble was even written out from the Battle of Gods script in Super. I think we can pretty much consider him out of continuity.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 am

Beerus and Whis will be in this movie, hopefully they don't appear that much. And when the hell is Piccolo going to get a new outfit?

I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am

Love this, though I wish I could see Vegeta and Piccolo sheets a bit better. Piccolo's face does look a bit...squished.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

Is Vegeta's get up darker or is it just me? I won't get my hopes up but maybe just maybe Piccolo will get a decent role.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

Grimlock wrote:Beerus and Whis will be in this movie, hopefully they don't appear that much. And when the hell is Piccolo going to get a new outfit?

I think that these designs look amazing.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am

Finally... SOMETHING! Really like what I'm seeing here. Glad to see Piccolo, Whis and Beerus. We already knew Vegeta was going to be in the film. I'm gonna need a bigger picture of Piccolo and Vegeta's sheets. Can't tell if the colour for Vegeta's clothes are different or if it's just the scan.

These designs are a blessing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am

The fact we're getting stuff like this now I guess there isn't gonna be a sub title in the film?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The fact we're getting stuff like this now I guess there isn't gonna be a sub title in the film?
I think that they will tell us the sub title when a trailer is ready to drop.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The fact we're getting stuff like this now I guess there isn't gonna be a sub title in the film?
They usually reveal the subtitle with the official poster. We'll probably see something in July.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Zeru14 wrote:This is probably a long shot, but I hope that Tarble makes an appearance, I mean this is a movie about Saiyans and one of the last pure blooded Saiyans of U7(only one still with a tail) should be involved with the story.
The absence of Abo and Cado in Movie 15 (when they should have appeared) gives me a bad feeling that Tarble won't be in this movie at all. With great luck and faith that this time Toriyama and co. won't make the same mistake, I can only hope that Tarble does appear.
I can think of a few reasons Abo and Cado didn't appear during Frieza's invasion of Earth.

1. The two were no longer with the Frieza Force, either because of their failures or because they decided to quit.

2. They were busy keeping rebellious planets in line. With the Frieza Force spread thin enough already, Sorbet decided to leave them where they were. After all, they had Frieza, so what could go wrong?

3. Toriyama forgot about them. (My bets would go on this one.)
Whatever the reason was, they should have appeared. Just for that OVA not to be forgotten over time.
ZeroNeonix wrote:Now that we have Cabba, Tarble is even more unnecessary. Cabba is basically a stronger, more interesting Cabba.
Cabba is not Vegeta's brother, doesn't have a tail and is somewhat skinnier. I don't think he is more interesting in any way.
Nafno wrote:Tarble was even written out from the Battle of Gods script in Super. I think we can pretty much consider him out of continuity.
Nope, the retellings don't replace the movies, they're just another continuity for the viewer to choose. Tarble is pretty much in the "main lore" for those who prefer the movies.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am

I'm hoping that the website updates soon with higher quality versions of the character designs.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

LightBing wrote:Is Vegeta's get up darker or is it just me? I won't get my hopes up but maybe just maybe Piccolo will get a decent role.
Well if the Namekian Book of legends connects to the movie then maybe, by extension, Piccolo will have a somewhat important role.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
LightBing wrote:Is Vegeta's get up darker or is it just me? I won't get my hopes up but maybe just maybe Piccolo will get a decent role.
Well if the Namekian Book of legends connects to the movie then maybe, by extension, Piccolo will have a somewhat important role.
I'm always hoping for that. With all this new DB stuff being thrown around left and right, someone might finally throw him a bone, too. His character design being released early might be a good sign, but then again, he does stand out appearance-wise so maybe that's why he's been shown this fast. He's always on promotional material even when his role is not that important. Who knows. Trying to keep my hopes modest.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am

I know it's unlikely but i hope they put less emphasis on the god forms. I like how they look as ss1. The style really reminds me of the older style. Ss2 and ss3 would look badass.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am

It's darker.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu May 17, 2018 10:18 am

U6 Saiyans when?

I thought it was pretty obvious that Vegeta would be in this movie. Because why would he not be?

I'm kinda surprised about the Piccolo design. Does that mean he's gonna have a big role in the movie? And since they revealed Beerus and Whis are gonna be in this movie, could this mean Piccolo is gonna go train with Whis? (Like he should've done in the show!)
Caulifla best girl! :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 am

I like the new designs. But I could really use a bit more info about the plot before I really get intrigued about the movie.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 am

The new style is beginning to grow on me which could be due to Ssj looking so good in it. It's great to finally get something new, even if it's small. Vegeta's suit does look darker but that could just be the picture as it might be light blue in the movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 am

Grimlock wrote: Nope, the retellings don't replace the movies, they're just another continuity for the viewer to choose. Tarble is pretty much in the "main lore" for those who prefer the movies.
The retellings do replace the movies. They were Toriyama's, new additions were made by him or at least he has taken them (as the namekian books of legends), Bills power would have no sense if we took BoG statement as fact, etc...

If the movie is going to continue after the ToP, it is taking the anime route, and then Tarble does not exist.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am

I love these new designs. I especially like the darker color on Vegeta's armor, reminds me of his RoF one. I bet it'll look awesome in SSB, or SSBE (If it'll make it into the movie). Hoping to get some higher quality pics for Vegeta's design to put as my new avatar.
Get Fucked, C_unt