Goku's Alternate Costumes

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Don't forget how many different versions of the orange uniform he has.

- In Dragon Ball, he started with the blue and white tied belt
- Later he ogt the orange with a yellow oval and the Kame (Turtle) logo
- In Z, he starts off with the blue boots/blue undershirt/white oval with the Kame logo
- Later he gets the Kai logo on the back
- Later he gets the umm... Go(?) logo? You know, that symbol that is in his , Gohan's, and Goten's names. See I don't know a bit of Japanese, but on all three of their names, there are three characters and the last one is the only one that is different. So I assume that the first character is "Son", and the second character would be "Go" then. Unless I'm getting something wrong. Would make more sense if it stood for "Son". But I don't know how the order of the characters would go.

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Tyro wrote:Click.
thanks man

DemonKingPiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by DemonKingPiccolo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:50 pm

I've had these for a while, don't remember where I got them from though...
"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it."
~Sweeney Todd

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:03 pm

DemonKingPiccolo wrote:< snip images >
UHH WOW!!!!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Don't forget about the white tux he wore at his wedding!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Super Guerrier? Huh? Is that what they call Saiyan in Spanish? Or is that in French/Italian? When I was a kid, I was so into Dragon Ball Z, I even collected Spanish cards of it, and it had different name spellings, like Radix (says Radix on the front, but Radis on the back...), Bejeeta, Krilin, Namec, Kaito, Tranks, Satanas Junior (Piccolo), but I never really noticed what they called Saiyans. Doesn't say lol But still, all the names are pretty much on-par, except for Piccolo's.

Oldphan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Oldphan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:15 am

I'm fairly certain that 'Guerrier' is the French word for warrior. For instance, the French 5" Dragonball action figure series from the company AB, was called Super Guerriers Articul.

A picture of this Goku outfit has already been posted, but here is a picture of the fairly rare Banpresto 12" figure wearing the same thing:

All the best,
Oldphan

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Piccolo's images are awesome, but can anyone translate it? I'd like to read what those magazine people said about the costumes. Also, it's kind of sad that Goku changed from Roshi's costume to King Kai's during Cell. Way to be a traitor, assface.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

The pic of Goku in the fan contest costume seems to have disapeared from photobucket. Could someone put it back up?

I'd help, but I think DemonKingPiccolo covered all the bases.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:44 am

Dr. Casey wrote:Piccolo's images are awesome, but can anyone translate it? I'd like to read what those magazine people said about the costumes. Also, it's kind of sad that Goku changed from Roshi's costume to King Kai's during Cell. Way to be a traitor, assface.
Goku's gi had no kanji on it when he fought Cell. You're thinking of the fight with Vegeta. But that was only because he had just trained with Kaiô.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 am

And even in the fight with Vegeta, he did still have the Kame mark on the front. Now Kami-sama's the one who should really feel betrayed. He trained Goku for three years, and Goku just kept on wearing the Kame-sen School uniform.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:27 am

Herms wrote:Now Kami-sama's the one who should really feel betrayed. He trained Goku for three years, and Goku just kept on wearing the Kame-sen School uniform.
You think that's bad? King Kai trained him for over seven years.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:02 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Herms wrote:Now Kami-sama's the one who should really feel betrayed. He trained Goku for three years, and Goku just kept on wearing the Kame-sen School uniform.
You think that's bad? King Kai trained him for over seven years.
What about Gohan? Goku spent a year making him a full powered super Saiyan, and Gohan goes and takes Piccolo's uniform.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Herms wrote:And even in the fight with Vegeta, he did still have the Kame mark on the front. Now Kami-sama's the one who should really feel betrayed. He trained Goku for three years, and Goku just kept on wearing the Kame-sen School uniform.
Kami in vol. 16 wrote:Ho Ho Ho! You do look best in a gi with the Turtle, after all!

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 am

Kid Trunks wrote:What about Gohan? Goku spent a year making him a full powered super Saiyan, and Gohan goes and takes Piccolo's uniform.
..... Because Piccolo made that kid. That and Pic gifted it to him when he came out from the Room as I recall. Pic's not a very givey person, so Gohan wasn't gonna turn around and refuse it.

What's always annoyed the hell out of me is how Mirai Gohan completely forgets about Piccolo outside of one mention, and talks constantly about Son. I have a long, long rant on Son's fathering qualities, but it tends to make me loose my head and runs pretty far off the topic at hand.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 am

Velasa wrote:What's always annoyed the hell out of me is how Mirai Gohan completely forgets about Piccolo outside of one mention, and talks constantly about Son. I have a long, long rant on Son's fathering qualities, but it tends to make me loose my head and runs pretty far off the topic at hand.
In that universe, Goku stayed home chilling with his family after getting back from Namek. A year plus of peaceful hanging out with his dad probably overrode Gohan's Stockholm Syndrome for Piccolo.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:14 am

I guess it could be seen that way, especially if his dad bothered coming home instead of going off on happy funtime space adventures. I'm just a nut for anything with Pic and Gohan so I don't picture it as purely a fear connection.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:21 am

Velasa wrote:
Kid Trunks wrote:What about Gohan? Goku spent a year making him a full powered super Saiyan, and Gohan goes and takes Piccolo's uniform.
..... Because Piccolo made that kid. That and Pic gifted it to him when he came out from the Room as I recall. Pic's not a very givey person, so Gohan wasn't gonna turn around and refuse it.
Piccolo didn't offer it. Gohan asked for it. And Piccolo didn't really make Gohan, circumstances made Gohan. Piccolo throw Gohan out in the woods for a few months and just about kept an eye on him (without Gohan even knowing). Then he beat him a bit. He saved Gohan's life by sacrificing his own yes. But Piccolo didn't do anything for Gohan that Goku wouldn't have done for him had he been alive or around at the time.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:35 am

Velasa wrote:I'm just a nut for anything with Pic and Gohan so I don't picture it as purely a fear connection.
Stockholm Syndrome isn't fear, not totally.

"It has been found that four situations or conditions are present that serve as a foundation for the development of Stockholm Syndrome. These four situations can be found in hostage, severe abuse, and abusive relationships:

* The presence of a perceived threat to one's physical or psychological survival and the belief that the abuser would carry out the threat [check]
* The presence of a perceived small kindness from the abuser to the victim [check]
* Isolation from perspectives other than those of the abuser [check]
* The perceived inability to escape the situation [and check]"

"Every syndrome has symptoms or behaviors and Stockholm Syndrome is no exception. While a clear-cut list has not been established due to varying opinions by researchers and experts, several of these features will be present:

* Positive feelings by the victim toward the abuser/controller
* Negative feelings by the victim toward family, friends, or authorities trying to rescue/support them or win their release
* Support of the abuser's reasons and behaviors
* Positive feelings by the abuser toward the victim
* Supportive behaviors by the victim, at times helping the abuser
* Inability to engage in behaviors that may assist in their release or detachment"

Source: http://www.mental-health-matters.com/ar ... ?artID=469

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 am

Kid Trunks wrote:And Piccolo didn't really make Gohan, circumstances made Gohan. Piccolo throw Gohan out in the woods for a few months and just about kept an eye on him (without Gohan even knowing). Then he beat him a bit. He saved Gohan's life by sacrificing his own yes. But Piccolo didn't do anything for Gohan that Goku wouldn't have done for him had he been alive or around at the time.
> > I still disagree with you on pretty much all of it. But I'll respect the difference of opinion because I know mine may be tainted by maniacal love of Piccolo, and afformentioned twitchy feelings about Son + father.

EDIT- on Stockholm, fear was a bad sum word for me to use. Still don't see it as the whole of the sittuation in cannon though.
Last edited by Velasa on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]