"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:47 am

Cooler's moveset is handing out disrespect in every attack lol

He looks pretty great.

But damn, there's so many characters coming out in fighting games this week it's insane!

9 characters in BlazBlue Cross Tag out tomorrow, G and Sagat in Street Fighter V are out tomorrow and Goku and Vegeta are out the 8th. Holy moly.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 am

Here's the EVO trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJCdvee6N8

It includes a cute game version of the Saiyan Arc, it shows a bit more from Goku and Vegeta plus the Cinematic. Cooler's part starts at 1:38.
Bullza wrote:Also I said it wouldn't sell as well as the Xenoverse games and so far it hasn't. Nor likely will it.
Will I agree in regards to Xenoverse, I don't about Xenoverse 2. FighterZ has been out for 6 months and you're comparing it with a game 3.5 years old. Then we have the Switch port coming soon and FighterZ lacking major discounts(game's aren't cheap). Your prediction ins't reasonable. The Switch port specially will be a huge boost.
Let's see if we know numbers after the game has been out for a year/year and a half.
Simere wrote:I didn't know Cooler had a retractable face mask.
Didn't you saw his first movie?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:10 am

LightBing wrote:
I ignore all the old movies, excepting a few clips.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:12 am

THE EDGELORD HAS APPEARED!!

HE LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!

RESPECT THE SPACEMAN!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 am

Simere wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Cooler's first "movie" is only 45 minutes long (length of 2 episodes) so you should watch it if you have the time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:52 am

Awesome to see Cooler join the roster.

And did he just break the fourth wall in his debut trailer? :lol:

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:43 am

Simere wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Can I ask why? Seems kind pointless to ignore the when they're not exactly long and a lot of the characters make a ton of video game appearances.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:25 am

Wow, an actual trailer for once? Impressive.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 am

Cooler seems pretty good. It's a shame that they didn't have Janemba instead of Android 17 for the last slot.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 am

Brodes wrote:
Simere wrote:
LightBing wrote: Didn't you saw his first movie?
Can I ask why? Seems kind pointless to ignore the when they're not exactly long and a lot of the characters make a ton of video game appearances.
Just not interested in DB stories not made or guided by Toriyama. Haven't seen GT, either. I think if I do watch them they'll taint my perception of the series. :P Maybe now they wouldn't, but if I grew up watching them, or watched them before Super/Toriyama's reinvolvement, I think they would have given me ideas and expectations that I'd be better of not having.

Besides, I still know a lot about them just by osmosis. Which is why Cooler's face mask thing surprised me. I've seen a ton of him in fan art and promos but never with that mask down.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am

- EVO 2018 Grand Finals SonicFox vs GO1-

SonicFox was one of my favourite players but I lost all the respect I had for him because of what he did in the finals to GO1.

That wasn't just a side switch. Sonic is a fantastic player, but his mind games went too far this time. Over 5 minutes just for switch sides, really?! It took longer than it should be and it was an authentic momentum killer for GO1 after that 3-0. I actually feel bad for GO1. He came out from the losers bracket on-fire and then he was forced to cool down. That was ridiculous.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:22 am

What a great trailer. I am in love with base Goku. So many amazing moves from his fights with Vegeta and Freeza. I love the one handed Spirt Bomb and the Kaioken combo so much. Coola looks amazing too and will have a lot of mix ups it seems. Base Vegeta still hasn't gripped me with anything though.
FortuneSSJ wrote:- EVO 2018 Grand Finals SonicFox vs GO1-

SonicFox was one of my favourite players but I lost all the respect I had for him because of what he did in the finals to GO1.

That wasn't just a side switch. Sonic is a fantastic player, but his mind games went too far this time. Over 5 minutes just for switch sides, really?! It took longer than it should be and it was an authentic momentum killer for GO1 after that 3-0. I actually feel bad for GO1. He came out from the losers bracket on-fire and then he was forced to cool down. That was ridiculous.
The side switch was a fair play, it wasn't Fox's fault the officials took so long to decide to grant it or not. Go1 was prepared to switch sides but the officials just couldn't make up their mind.

It is worth reporting the max viewers in the finals was 258,000, making this the most watched EVO finals in history.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:18 am

Gameplay and a superficial breakdown of Vegeta and Goku:

Goku - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz7dy6c ... e=youtu.be
Vegeta - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpOzm7g ... e=youtu.be

Goku looks pretty good, shame about sharing I think 100% of the normals of SSJ Goku. Kaioken looks super cool.
Vegeta's..., fine. I'll try him out for sure, I hope the gameplay surprises me. His assist being the kienzan - his version of it anyway - annoys me a bit. He only used that attack once.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Simere wrote:
Brodes wrote:
Simere wrote: I ignore all the old movies, excepting a few clips.
Just not interested in DB stories not made or guided by Toriyama. Haven't seen GT, either. I think if I do watch them they'll taint my perception of the series. :P Maybe now they wouldn't, but if I grew up watching them, or watched them before Super/Toriyama's reinvolvement, I think they would have given me ideas and expectations that I'd be better of not having.

Besides, I still know a lot about them just by osmosis. Which is why Cooler's face mask thing surprised me. I've seen a ton of him in fan art and promos but never with that mask down.
So, you've never seen his transformation scene? Your ignorance is painful.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Goku looks really interesting, on the other hand Vegeta is a bit of a missed opportunity. The Great Ape transformation is at least should have made into the game as a lv3, and would look awesome. I wonder why did they decided to leave it out. Technical difficulties?

Cooler looks great so far, with his own playstyle being far enough from Frieza's zoner stuff.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Simere wrote:
Brodes wrote: Can I ask why? Seems kind pointless to ignore the when they're not exactly long and a lot of the characters make a ton of video game appearances.

So, you've never seen his transformation scene? Your ignorance is painful.
Oh for god's sake, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgd5H4LrgI

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Haven't seen Vegeta yet but man...Goku is just pathetic.

SSJ Goku normals, terrible command grab, SSJB Goku's 236LMH copied, no low 2L

The hell is this? It took them past games production for him to be a DLC character when the only thing really new is the Supers? C'mon now, at least charge them to people for half price or something. Cooler, hurry up and get here

At least I'll have G and Sagat to hold my time until the last 2 characters come out...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Simere wrote:
Brodes wrote:
Simere wrote: I ignore all the old movies, excepting a few clips.

I did grow up watching them, and always knew they were a compliment to the series. An alternate universe if you will. So, yeah. Not following this train of thought at all.

Fanart and promos mean jack, mate. You won't have movies that have had character designs done by Toriyama on a number of occasions (including Coola), as well as checking over the plot and script, but you consider fanart a reference?

I am extremely excited for Coola. But is he paid DLC or a free DLC character?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Saw the trailer for Cooler...He almost seemed like a clone of Freeza, and if that's the case I'm going to be very disappointed.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Simere wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Why? Because they’re not in the main timeline?