Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dragono » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Noah wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Same. My thought is it'll just be a remixed Movie 8 + Gogeta with flashbacks to Minus, but I hope that's not the case. I hope it's something fresher than that.
You shouldn't or else you end up being disappointed like the previous arc and movie.
At the very least I won't be completely disappointed in the movie since the animation itself looks very pretty.

I wish they could be brave enough to create a new villain. Most of their One Piece and Precure movies have new villains.
Its not about that and we all know it isn't. If they wanted to make a new villain, they would easily do so.

But a new movie after super's ending that focuses on , goku, vegeta, broly and freeza, the most profiatble characters in the entire franchise with new animation to boot and a film penned by toriyama himself whose had a track record of making more successful movies than toei has.

From a marketing standpoint, how can anyone argue against this? A new villain could never come close to this potential of bank this concept has, BROLY was trending on twitter, my friend. Toriyama said he was doing this because Broly is popular so acting like they are trying to tell a story here is the wrong mindset to have and judge with from the start.

Lets be real, the people who this is for are the ones who think dragon ball is all about muscles, blasts and power levels. The casuals who made Broly popular in the first place. You probably aren't going to like this movie because you feel dragon ball is more than that.

But money talks and numbers do not lie.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:07 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So far, Broly does not seem to have a tail from what little we have seen of him. A little dissapointed in that. I thought a tail would look great on him! What do you guys think? Would you want him to have one?
He does have a tail, though. There was a leaflet released back in April with what looks like a silhouette of Broly with a tail.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also, one of Broly's character sheets shows his tail around his waist under his green wrap.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That doesn’t look like a tail. Why have it in the first place if it’s so obscure for seemingly the whole movie?

Also, that promo silhouette could be Broly in the past. He doesn’t appear to be wearing armor; although we’ve seen design sheets of !PastBroly and he doesn’t have a tail either.
He could always grow one in the movie. It seems like if that was tail the two lines would be closer together but who knows?

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Xeztin wrote:He could always grow one in the movie.
For what purpose?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:33 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
For what purpose?
Super Saiyan 4.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
For what purpose?
If they are focused on a tail (not saying the movie is) but if it is as it ties into Saiyan history because that is the definintive Saiyan trait like showcased in the trailer towards the end, they could easily have him grow a tail if he doesn't have one for purpose of the plot. Perhaps he grows one to become stronger, perhaps it is needed to achieve some goal of his fathers, who knows. Perhaps he figures if Broly goes Oozaru he can destroy the Earth. I'm sure if they wanted to bring the tail back to prominence it'd be very easy to do plot wise just like GT did. Goku and Vegeta may even grow their tails back at the end of this movie if Broly shows them that it is more useful than paperweight. Broly and his father could both have tails, and I'm curious to what thing wrapped around his waist is if it isn't a tail to be honest. An author like Toriyama made a rice cooker important to the plot in 2018 in the Zamasu arc, I'm sure a tail would be childs play for him or Toei. Not to mention we know tails will be in it as in the trailer we see two Saiyan's with tails so Toriyama obviously isn't giving Universe 7 the tailless treatment he did with Universe 6. If Broly doesn't have it I'd be more interested in why he doesn't and what happened to it. Saiyan's usually don't cut off their own tails so that rules out his father cutting it off. You also have this leaflet so if it's not Broly in ice or Paragus I'm unsure what other Saiyan it'd be.
Last edited by Xeztin on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
For what purpose?
Super Saiyan 4.
Know what? At this point, I wouldn't rule that out.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
For what purpose?
Super Saiyan 4.
Please stop. There will be no Super Saiyan 4 Broly in the movie when his LSSJ State already surpasses Jiren. Why do people always have to bring this up whenever someone mentions a tail?? Just because a Saiyan has a tail, doesn’t mean said Saiyan is going to transform into SSJ4..

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 pm

First Gogeta, based off a out of timeline non canon game and now Super Were Monkey 4?

You guys are really over blowing this "Fan service movie" thing out of proportion.

:lol:

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Miracles wrote:First Gogeta, based off a out of timeline non canon game and now Super Were Monkey 4?

You guys are really over blowing this "Fan service movie" thing out of proportion.

In before SSJ4 Goku falls out of a wormhole in front of SSJB Goku :crazy:

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm fairly certain Doctor. was just joking..

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Dragono wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Noah wrote:
You shouldn't or else you end up being disappointed like the previous arc and movie.
At the very least I won't be completely disappointed in the movie since the animation itself looks very pretty.

I wish they could be brave enough to create a new villain. Most of their One Piece and Precure movies have new villains.
Its not about that and we all know it isn't. If they wanted to make a new villain, they would easily do so.

But a new movie after super's ending that focuses on , goku, vegeta, broly and freeza, the most profiatble characters in the entire franchise with new animation to boot and a film penned by toriyama himself whose had a track record of making more successful movies than toei has.

From a marketing standpoint, how can anyone argue against this? A new villain could never come close to this potential of bank this concept has, BROLY was trending on twitter, my friend. Toriyama said he was doing this because Broly is popular so acting like they are trying to tell a story here is the wrong mindset to have and judge with from the start.

Lets be real, the people who this is for are the ones who think dragon ball is all about muscles, blasts and power levels. The casuals who made Broly popular in the first place. You probably aren't going to like this movie because you feel dragon ball is more than that.

But money talks and numbers do not lie.
Facts. This movie is definitely gonna do big numbers. It already sold more pre-order tickets than BoG and RoF combined.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:07 pm

I can't argue against <MasakoX>MARKETING!</MasakoX> , but I do find it weird that they're being all experimental with the visuals yet playing it safe with the story.

Maybe there's two camps and this is how they compromise.

Like if we're going for easy money via Brolli and Gogeta why even try with the animation?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Miracles wrote:First Gogeta, based off a out of timeline non canon game and now Super Were Monkey 4?

Gogeta is happening

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Vados_chan wrote:UI is an awful transformation anyway made to beat an awful mortal character that had no right or reason to even be that strong, it shouldn't make you THAT powerful. I thought the whole point of it was that you can't be hit while using it, not also being psychically stronger than SSB/SSBKK/SSBE and Gods.

If Gogeta does happen i just don't want it to be a stomp, if Broly could be up a fight against Gogeta Blue it would be awesome.
If UI wasn't a power boost then it would be useless against much stronger opponents, because in Dragonball raw power >> everything else if the gap is big enough.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Vados_chan wrote: Gogeta is happening
“He’s coming...”

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:24 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So far, Broly does not seem to have a tail from what little we have seen of him. A little dissapointed in that. I thought a tail would look great on him! What do you guys think? Would you want him to have one?
He does have a tail, though. There was a leaflet released back in April with what looks like a silhouette of Broly with a tail.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also, one of Broly's character sheets shows his tail around his waist under his green wrap.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That doesn’t look like a tail. Why have it in the first place if it’s so obscure for seemingly the whole movie?

Also, that promo silhouette could be Broly in the past. He doesn’t appear to be wearing armor; although we’ve seen design sheets of !PastBroly and he doesn’t have a tail either.
And a tail is important how?

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 pm

When did I imply that it was?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 pm

kudo6000 wrote:When did I imply that it was?
You do know that there is a quote button right?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:12 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Vados_chan wrote: Gogeta is happening
“He’s coming...”
Don’t celebrate too early because nothing has been confirmed yet. A video game that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the movies has no bearing on it at all.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: A video game that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the movies has no bearing on it at all.
Indeed, because Xenoverse 2 adding Android 17 (a character that was already in the game) in one of the Extra Pack DLCs had nothing to do with Dragon Ball Super.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~