Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:28 am

I'm pretty sure it is.

For the people complaining about no Boo Saga:

Personally, I'd rather they be really in detail with nice cutscenes, and only do the First 3 major arcs, than have them do everything, and have a really skimpy storyline.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 am

Big Momma wrote:I'm pretty sure it is.

For the people complaining about no Boo Saga:

Personally, I'd rather they be really in detail with nice cutscenes, and only do the First 3 major arcs, than have them do everything, and have a really skimpy storyline.
Agreed. I'd like to have tbe Buu saga, but it's so damn long it really could be its own game. I'd like them to do just Dragon Ball in the third game.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow this game looks pretty fucking ridiculous...To the point of me stopping CoD4 for? I don't know, but it looks better than the recent BT games (I didn't bother with three because the updates each game kinda felt like Halo). I don't know if this was said since there are so many pages but will this be another trilogy as usual or will this (hopefully) be an end-all kinda thing?
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Watch it.
Ah, come on. The Budokai and Sparking games are both really simplistic. I'm not saying they're bad, just that I miss the mechanics of actual fighting games when I play them. Super DBZ filled that gap, and I find it amusing when people knock on it for not being as easy as the aforementioned titles.

Though, I will admit it's funny that I get a "watch it" for a joke comment when:
Rocketman wrote:Keep sucking your own cock like that and you're gonna throw your back out.
Gets nothing. Ah well.

For the record, I never throw my back out. I stretch fully before any sessions :P

Speaking of which, how the hell does that comment even make any sense? I compliment Super DBZ, and I'm sucking my own dick? Did I program Super DBZ and forget about it or something? O_o;;

-Corey

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm

My comment was geared towards all. And I continue to watch with my finger over the "Submit" button in "User Maintenance" at all moments. I think I've been extremely fair thus far, to the point where it's almost absurd.

Please carry on with the actual topic at hand.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Maybe with all the online capabilities there may be more story or characters to purchase and they may not make a burst limit 2.
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:24 pm

This game seems to have cutscenes for every damn thing you do. When Goku was fighting Nappa; Goku launched a regular chi-blast at Nappa, then it turned into a cutscene of him deflecting it. I really didn't understand the reasoning for it.

It also looks very similiar to Budokai 3, with upgrades of the characters, and the stages, of course.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Kikoha Hater wrote:Wrong MajinVegetaXV, true figthing games are about 101 clones, sluggish controls with automatic lock-ons, and super earth shaking pill poping steroid beams. Let's forget all about that Street Fighter Z and play a nice game of rock paper scissors.
I am surely damned for preferring a game I can pick up and play, even after four months away from my PS2, rather than one that requires me to spend hours studying to fire a simple Kamehameha.

Kikoha Hater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kikoha Hater » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Really, I just rotate the analougue stick, press the attack, boom instant spam Kamehameha.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Kikoha Hater wrote:Wrong MajinVegetaXV, true figthing games are about 101 clones, sluggish controls with automatic lock-ons, and super earth shaking pill poping steroid beams. Let's forget all about that Street Fighter Z and play a nice game of rock paper scissors.
I am surely damned for preferring a game I can pick up and play, even after four months away from my PS2, rather than one that requires me to spend hours studying to fire a simple Kamehameha.

Rotating the analogue stick part way takes MONTHS of studying.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Last chance.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:14 am

Just took some time to read the previous load of posts.

Pros: Seems to be a Budokai style of gameplay *Super thumbs up

Cons: The storyline is assumed to stop once Cell is obliterated.

I'll be looking foreward to this game anyhow.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 am

Snail wrote:Just took some time to read the previous load of posts.

Pros: Seems to be a Budokai style of gameplay *Super thumbs up

Cons: The storyline is assumed to stop once Cell is obliterated.

I'll be looking foreward to this game anyhow.
Lol this is sounding like a Budokai 1 remake (not a bad thing). I just wish they would call these games "Dragon Ball" and start from the beginning for once :?
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It'd truly be a shame if Burst Limit fails to top Budokai 3. I'd really be shocked if 'Burst Limit 2' came out, and ended up being nothing more than a prettier Budokai 2.

Seriously though, is there anything else to be done with future Dragonball Z fighting games? Afterall, they pretty much nailed the perfect style of gameplay (imo, anyways) for a dbz game when Budokai 3 was released.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Snail wrote:Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It'd truly be a shame if Burst Limit fails to top Budokai 3. I'd really be shocked if 'Burst Limit 2' came out, and ended up being nothing more than a prettier Budokai 2.

Seriously though, is there anything else to be done with future Dragonball Z fighting games? Afterall, they pretty much nailed the perfect style of gameplay (imo, anyways) for a dbz game when Budokai 3 was released.
I suppose that depends what you mean by Dragonball Z... :P . With enough creativity/inginuity/something awesome, there's always room for something greater. ;) . If I tried to be any more specific, I'd probably just wind up pouring out quarter-baked ideas and crap that would serve no purpose...
(... I don't care for Budokai3's gameplay. Soo me.)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:36 am

Snail wrote:Seriously though, is there anything else to be done with future Dragonball Z fighting games? Afterall, they pretty much nailed the perfect style of gameplay (imo, anyways) for a dbz game when Budokai 3 was released.
Hey, hey, hey... wait a second there. Budokai 3 is damn awesome, but far from perfect. There's loads of new mechanics and stuff they could add to make it a better fighting experience. If you compare Budokai 3 to Shin Budokai 2, you'll know what I mean (in terms of adding new features and mechanics to make it more enjoyable). Budokai 3 is still a better game than Shin Budokai 2, though; it has more fluidity and faster gameplay.

Anyway, I think adding FULLY destructible environments to the game would spice things up. I've been asking for this since Tenkaichi 1... but it was never done properly. I'm thinking that doing as much as powering up could crumble the environment and make a small crater around the character (with rocks floating up).
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Anyway, I think adding FULLY destructible environments to the game would spice things up. I've been asking for this since Tenkaichi 1... but it was never done properly. I'm thinking that doing as much as powering up could crumble the environment and make a small crater around the character (with rocks floating up).
And buildings that you make holes in, as opposed to just collapsing after hitting the top corner of it. It wouldn't be very difficult to code, if you think about it. Super DBZ sorta pulled this off by making skid marks on the ground and stuff like that.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 am

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:Anyway, I think adding FULLY destructible environments to the game would spice things up. I've been asking for this since Tenkaichi 1... but it was never done properly. I'm thinking that doing as much as powering up could crumble the environment and make a small crater around the character (with rocks floating up).
And buildings that you make holes in, as opposed to just collapsing after hitting the top corner of it. It wouldn't be very difficult to code, if you think about it. Super DBZ sorta pulled this off by making skid marks on the ground and stuff like that.
Hehehehe. Destructable environments aren't that hard to make... especially in 2d. :P. The only thing that woud make it challenging in 3d would be getting the damaged structures to look right (blowing a hole through a building and a mountain should look different, right?), but in general...
Bah, with my laziness and inexperience with 3d... I'd be a lot more likelyto setu a destructable environments engine than actually making characters and gameplay. Actually, I think I hae an attempt at a js BT clone lying around that pretty much stopped at that point. (Yeah, I'm not good at finishing things. :(. ).

And if we really want to avoid the infinite bounds problem (say, if we blow up a lot of stuff and get holes that are ridiculous in size), throw in lava. And if we really want to make it dramatic... make it rise as the destruction continues until the arena is filled, at whih point someone would probably die.

... Oh, wait. That was ... pretty off topic. Sorry.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:47 am

caejones wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
Hehehehe. Destructable environments aren't that hard to make... especially in 2d. :P. The only thing that woud make it challenging in 3d would be getting the damaged structures to look right (blowing a hole through a building and a mountain should look different, right?), but in general...
Bah, with my laziness and inexperience with 3d... I'd be a lot more likelyto setu a destructable environments engine than actually making characters and gameplay. Actually, I think I hae an attempt at a js BT clone lying around that pretty much stopped at that point. (Yeah, I'm not good at finishing things. :(. ).

And if we really want to avoid the infinite bounds problem (say, if we blow up a lot of stuff and get holes that are ridiculous in size), throw in lava. And if we really want to make it dramatic... make it rise as the destruction continues until the arena is filled, at whih point someone would probably die.

... Oh, wait. That was ... pretty off topic. Sorry.
Real Time Planet Destruction would be so fantastically awesome, it's actually funny.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:38 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Rotating the analogue stick part way takes MONTHS of studying.
Analog stick?

Goddammit.