Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 amI'm very much pro Bernie, I don't see a reason why someone shouldn't vote for whoever gets the nomination, I get really annoyed how a lot of the conversation about this stuff is "Ugh Bernie Bros Won't Vote For Anyone Else!!" when there's always been a sizable chunk of people who say stuff like Never Bernie or that they won't for him because he's not a Democrat.
I think the reason Bernie supporters won't vote for someone else is because no one other than Bernie will have a direct impact on their lives. Will Bernie be able to do everything he says he will ? Probably not, but people will at least get something from him. Trump, Biden, insert 10 random other democrats and republicans, etc., are more or less the same when it comes to impacting people's daily lives, so regardless of who wins, they're not getting anything out of it. Let's say Clinton won in 2016, how much different would people's lives be ? Let's say Obama or Bush somehow managed to get a 3rd term due to a wish from the dragon balls, how much different would people's lives be ?

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:44 am

uuum..plenty?

The people who think that none of their lives will be impacted by the choice of president....that is some delusional ass way of thinking. As if Bernie is the only cure for America.

The reality is this: We have lost the luxury of being able to be choosy with who we want as president. And that's on the entire nation's apathy towards elections and ensuring that we don't just have a bunch of career politicians in office. This is where we are now, where anything less than Democrats winning 2020 is pretty much four more years of Trump. And I honestly don't think that America can take another four years of that.

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 am

Mods need to lock this thread. How has this got anything to do with general discussion on the Dragon Ball Franchise. Nobody cares about your political views.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:24 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:11 pm Gentle reminder that this thread is about a (former) Dragon Ball voice actor. :P
Administrative reminder doubled up here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Quick side-note before we get back on topic: I was at the Bernie Sanders rally in Tacoma last night, it was my first political event ever. The energy was utterly insane. There was a little over 17,000 people there. I arrived at about 1:30PM and stood in line with other Bernie supporters until 4:30PM when the doors finally opened. It was really surreal standing in line talking to other Bernie supporters. The coolest part of it was how diverse the attendees were. I was super happy to see GSRM folks of all ages there. There were also a lot of middle-aged cishet or cishet-passing folks. I did see a couple of MAGA hats but luckily only two managed to get inside of the Tacoma Dome and they were chased out once they began to disrupt things. The Dome continued to fill for the next three and a half hours. Even during and after the musical performers, the Puyallup Tribe speakers, and Sanders' progressive colleagues in congress and his organization. The crowd saved their energy when it came to booing so that they could explode for the cheers. Bernie had to keep breaking from his speech because the crowd was so into it. The event was just insanely high-energy. This stream doesn't even begin to do it justice.

Anyway, Mic Vignogna? Don't touch kids, creep.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 pmAnyway, Mic Vignogna? Don't touch kids, creep.
Or adults, without consent.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:48 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 pm Anyway, Mic Vignogna? Don't touch kids, creep.
Don't forget the flirting. Essentially, keep your shit aimed at consenting adults please.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:58 pm

I was trying to be terse. Besides, I've harped on his inappropriate touching of adults plenty in this thread. Remember that time he smashed his nuts again the back of the neck of a complete stranger at the convention panel?
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:58 pm Remember that time he smashed his nuts again the back of the neck of a complete stranger at the convention panel?
No actually, I don't. I don't genuinely follow what most actors or voice actors say or do at conventions or in real life in general. What I do know about Vic is what little I've seen in a few threads and on Youtube over the years.

When did that happen?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:58 pm Remember that time he smashed his nuts again the back of the neck of a complete stranger at the convention panel?
No actually, I don't. I don't genuinely follow what most actors or voice actors say or do at conventions or in real life in general. What I do know about Vic is what little I've seen in a few threads and on Youtube over the years.

When did that happen?
Wasn't that story greatly exaggerated? I'm pretty sure the just held him on his shoulders.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Ew, I forgot about that one. I'm certain it was a fellow VA, but my mind's blank on who it was.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm

When did that happen?
It was Neil Kaplan. At Megacon 2008 Mignogna hopped up on his shoulders despite the two being strangers. Massive invasion of personal space and bringing one's crotch dangerously close to one's head.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm

When did that happen?
It was Neil Kaplan. At Megacon 2008 Mignogna hopped up on his shoulders despite the two being strangers. Massive invasion of personal space and bringing one's crotch dangerously close to one's head.
Gross, didn't hear about that particular incident before :sick:
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm No actually, I don't. I don't genuinely follow what most actors or voice actors say or do at conventions or in real life in general. What I do know about Vic is what little I've seen in a few threads and on Youtube over the years.

When did that happen?
It sounds like Vic was just horsing around & didn't think not to get on his shoulders. Doesn't seem sexual in nature & anyone's crotch is gonna be near the back of the other person's head if they're on their shoulders, y'know? Still a stupid thing to do if Neil wasn't expecting it or having fun, but not that bad, all things considered. Just a bit of Vic being stupid.

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 pm
Planetnamek wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm
It sounds like Vic was just horsing around & didn't think not to get on his shoulders. Doesn't seem sexual in nature & anyone's crotch is gonna be near the back of the other person's head if they're on their shoulders, y'know? Still a stupid thing to do if Neil wasn't expecting it or having fun, but not that bad, all things considered. Just a bit of Vic being stupid.
This is my take away too.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:27 pm This is my take away too.
As I think it should. No offense to Julie, but thinking every stupid, dumbfuck thing Vic does is sexual in nature (note she specifically outlined the "his crotch was dangerously close to his neck" thing), or is as bad as the sexual assault, flirting, etc stuff, I think that's taking it a bit too far. I previously said I thought the assumption that the BBT writers meant a trans person when they meant a crossdresser by using the now-deemed offensive term was overthinking the situation, especially when it was 2007 (before LGBTQ+ stuff became more widespread in the conversation) & they're writers who wrote for 2 of the most offensive/awful in hindsight live action sitcoms of the last 20 years. Like, they wrote to offend a lot of people, but Trans people never really got on their radar on purpose, as far as I know.
It's fine to look out for your fellow brothers, sisters, & others in your own sphere or who you're worried about, but to just make the jump that EVERYTHING is something it's not, then put it at the same level of importance as the other things & say so isn't good. Not everything is on the same level. Vic being an ass at one con years ago & going on to another guy's shoulders for a second is nothing compared to sexual assault & making sexual comments or flirting with young women & I think that muddies the waters a bit. You don't see people fired from their longstanding jobs at companies for forcing someone to give them a piggy back, y'know?

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Fair enough, I guess I can see how that one example was an accident(i'd still feel unclean and creeped out if that happened to me though) and I definitely don't agree with Julie on BBT and it's writers being bigoted(not intentionally anyways) but you given Vic's history you can't really blame people for not seeing something like this as an innocent mistake.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Meet Vic this weekend. Super nice guy. Got a QandA with him and got him to sign some stuff. Super cool and chill dude.

But yeah....he totally did it! xD
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm Fair enough, I guess I can see how that one example was an accident(i'd still feel unclean and creeped out if that happened to me though) and I definitely don't agree with Julie on BBT and it's writers being bigoted(not intentionally anyways) but you given Vic's history you can't really blame people for not seeing something like this as an innocent mistake.
Yeah, I don't think Vic meant anything malicious behind it. He just didn't think about what he was doing. I saw a clip of it & it just seemed more like horsing around than anything.

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:20 pm

MarCas92 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm Meet Vic this weekend. Super nice guy. Got a QandA with him and got him to sign some stuff. Super cool and chill dude.

But yeah....he totally did it! xD
To be fair, in the midst of all this shit, I would assume he'd be on his best behavior at least for the immediate future. Try to get back into everyone's good graces regardless of how futile that'd be.

I love your avatar btw