Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Post by wolflonnie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm
wolflonnie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am Def a virgin. He's still shy when kissing Bulma, so I believe he's the type of man who requires physical and emotional intimacy before doing the deed.
Many people and cultures (including Japan) are against showing romantic affection in public, so that doesnt really say anything either way.

Also, he was just as surprised as the audience that Goku never kissed his wife, so that says a lot.
Very fair and smart point there.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm
emperior wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 am It’s possible he had some fun with some “Cheelai” from Freeza’s forces.

I doubt he ever raped when conquering Planets, because we have to remember that the universe has only 28 Planets with intelligent life, and it’s possible most of those were already enslaved by Freeza through different methods like he did with the Saiyans, and it’s also possible many of those unintelligent species are incompatible with Saiyans.
So, in my opinion, Vegeta mostly fought against unintellingent alien species, similar to the ones Bardock is seen fighting against in Minus.

I would bet that, if ever asked, Toriyama would confirm Vegeta was a virgin before Bulma but with the information available I wouldn’t 100% rule out the possibility that Vegeta got intimate with some woman employed by Freeza. Even Freeza believed Gohan to be Raditz’s son so he may possibly have been aware of the Saiyans having some fun.
Really? Is there a source for that?
The manga?

When he realizes Gohan is a Saiyan hybrid Freeza wonders if he is Raditz’s son. That’s all.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:48 am

I believe Vegeta was virgin before Bulma.
He didn't seem like the type to enjoy sex.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Virgins, aromantics and asexuals are valid.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Lollijpop

Post by Lollijpop » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 pm

We could also factor in this, that he says “the female species, such an enigma”. That at least to me makes me feel he hasn’t been around any females “Pleasantly” before.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:44 am

Lollijpop wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 pm We could also factor in this, that he says “the female species, such an enigma”. That at least to me makes me feel he hasn’t been around any females “Pleasantly” before.
That's just a dub line

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am

All this talk about Vegeta being a 'player', SLUT more appropriately, is kind of sexist. Do people really think Toriyama is thinking while drawing, "I wonder if before Vegeta arrived on Earth, he went and pillaged a planet and raped the 'female' species then blew it up? heuheuheu", because I can say right now that's not the case. I'm honestly not surprised anymore at the crap the western fandom comes up with. Another great example of toxic masculinity.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm

Aim wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am All this talk about Vegeta being a 'player', SLUT more appropriately, is kind of sexist. Do people really think Toriyama is thinking while drawing, "I wonder if before Vegeta arrived on Earth, he went and pillaged a planet and raped the 'female' species then blew it up? heuheuheu", because I can say right now that's not the case. I'm honestly not surprised anymore at the crap the western fandom comes up with. Another great example of toxic masculinity.
WTH are you talking about lol? IDK anyone who see him as a player lmao.

Also, it isnt out of character for mass murdering barbarians going around commiting rapes as well (happens all the time in the 3rd world and pre-modern times).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Unless Vegeta's raping people is being played for eroticism I think it'd be best to not to try to argue that he's going around a raping women...for the sake of 'realism'.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:19 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm
Aim wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am All this talk about Vegeta being a 'player', SLUT more appropriately, is kind of sexist. Do people really think Toriyama is thinking while drawing, "I wonder if before Vegeta arrived on Earth, he went and pillaged a planet and raped the 'female' species then blew it up? heuheuheu", because I can say right now that's not the case. I'm honestly not surprised anymore at the crap the western fandom comes up with. Another great example of toxic masculinity.

Also, it isnt out of character for mass murdering barbarians going around commiting rapes as well (happens all the time in the 3rd world and pre-modern times).
Saiyan's aren't humans, how tf can you compare the two? Not to mention Toriyama has eluded if not right out confirmed Saiyan numbers are small because romance isn't really something they care for, let alone sex. It sounds like a sick fantasy Vegeta fan boys come up with, I've seen tons of people in the fandom consider Vegeta a player as well as a great character who was in his prime as Prince of Destruction.
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 pm Unless Vegeta's raping people is being played for eroticism I think it'd be best to not to try to argue that he's going around a raping women...for the sake of 'realism'.
Even erotically speaking, it's not a good idea. Not only that there's nothing that indicates that he'd do something like that.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 am

Aim wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:19 am
Sadala Elite wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm

Saiyan's aren't humans, how tf can you compare the two? Not to mention Toriyama has eluded if not right out confirmed Saiyan numbers are small because romance isn't really something they care for, let alone sex. It sounds like a sick fantasy Vegeta fan boys come up with, I've seen tons of people in the fandom consider Vegeta a player as well as a great character who was in his prime as Prince of Destruction.
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 pm Unless Vegeta's raping people is being played for eroticism I think it'd be best to not to try to argue that he's going around a raping women...for the sake of 'realism'.
Even erotically speaking, it's not a good idea. Not only that there's nothing that indicates that he'd do something like that.
- What Toriyama actually said was that the Saiyan's popluation was mostly kept in check by constant infighting (and he never said a thing about their numbers being so low in the 1st place).
Also, even if they aren't interested in romance and family, its still in their interest to grow their race's population as much as they can (logically).

- Saiyans are a very human-like species in terms of both looks and personality (especially when looking at real life warrior cultures around the world), so its not a stretch at all for fans to assume the stuff they do.

- Where are all these that consider Vegeta a playboy lmao? I've never heard or seen them anywhere. And whats wrong with considering him a great character (you sound like a biased hater, no offense)? He's objectively better written overall than 99% of the rest of franchise's cast (particularly in Z), and the whole Majin Vegeta subplot was a major high-note for the character (though I wouldnt say that's his absolute best version, his Namek saga version gets my vote).

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 am - What Toriyama actually said was that the Saiyan's popluation was mostly kept in check by constant infighting (and he never said a thing about their numbers being so low in the 1st place).
Also, even if they aren't interested in romance and family, its still in their interest to grow their race's population as much as they can (logically).

- Saiyans are a very human-like species in terms of both looks and personality (especially when looking at real life warrior cultures around the world), so its not a stretch at all for fans to assume the stuff they do.
Saiyan's share some traits with Human's, but are different otherwise, you can even see this multiple times in the series, their body, mind, and everything else works a lot more differently/aggressively than Human's. I'll let these Toriyama quotes speak for themselves;

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 am Where are all these that consider Vegeta a playboy lmao? I've never heard or seen them anywhere. And whats wrong with considering him a great character (you sound like a biased hater, no offense)? He's objectively better written overall than 99% of the rest of franchise's cast (particularly in Z), and the whole Majin Vegeta subplot was a major high-note for the character (though I wouldnt say that's his absolute best version, his Namek saga version gets my vote).
They are all over the place, just like the people that go around calling every female in DB 'hoes', to decline this happens means you either only visit this site (which is fine), or you don't see a problem with speaking that way so it slips your mind.

Prince of Destruction Vegeta is when he's at his worst as an individual, I'm not arguing character development. He killed millions and holds a grudge that caused the death of the whole Earth. I'm no biased hater, I like the fact Vegeta in the manga feels bad for what he's done, however, I find it gross that people love to get off on Vegeta when he's at his worst as an individual. Vegeta didn't rape anyone, he's not Gangas Khan, he's from a different planet. It doesn't matter if Saiyan's look similar to Human's, they are so different personality wise as well as how their body works and mind works.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Aim wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 am
Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 am - What Toriyama actually said was that the Saiyan's popluation was mostly kept in check by constant infighting (and he never said a thing about their numbers being so low in the 1st place).

Saiyan's share some traits with Human's, but are different otherwise, you can even see this multiple times in the series, their body, mind, and everything else works a lot more differently/aggressively than Human's. I'll let these Toriyama quotes speak for themselves;

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 am Where are all these that consider Vegeta a playboy lmao? I've never heard or seen them anywhere. And whats wrong with considering him a great character (you sound like a biased hater, no offense)? He's objectively better written overall than 99% of the rest of franchise's cast (particularly in Z), and the whole Majin Vegeta subplot was a major high-note for the character (though I wouldnt say that's his absolute best version, his Namek saga version gets my vote).
They are all over the place, just like the people that go around calling every female in DB 'hoes', to decline this happens means you either only visit this site (which is fine), or you don't see a problem with speaking that way so it slips your mind.

Prince of Destruction Vegeta is when he's at his worst as an individual, I'm not arguing character development. He killed millions and holds a grudge that caused the death of the whole Earth. I'm no biased hater, I like the fact Vegeta in the manga feels bad for what he's done, however, I find it gross that people love to get off on Vegeta when he's at his worst as an individual. Vegeta didn't rape anyone, he's not Gangas Khan, he's from a different planet. It doesn't matter if Saiyan's look similar to Human's, they are so different personality wise as well as how their body works and mind works.
- You must not travel a lot or know much about the world, because a lot of primitive real-life warrior cultures act exactly the Saiyans as described by Toriyama (where do you think Toriyama got some of his ideas for them from?)

- This isn't the only DB related site I've visit, and yet I hardly ever encounter anyone who considers any DB male besides Yamcha to be a playboy lmao. And as far as DB girls being "hoes", I think those guys you're talking about are largely joking lol.

- Vegeta killed far more people on screen in the Saiyan and Namek arcs than in the Buu arc (where he knew and expected that those people in the tournament would get wished back soon afterwards, so it was no big deal).

"however, I find it gross that people love to get off on Vegeta when he's at his worst as an individual"

Dude, its just fiction lol. Liking that is no different from liking any other villain (and far worse) villains from any other fiction. You are taking it way to seriously lol. Its just as dumb as saying liking violent video games and movies makes you violent smh.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Asking the really important questions now, eh? lol

Okay. First, Toriyama likely never gave this question any thought, so of course we are unlikely to get a canon answer to this. If the manga were written by George R. R. Martin, then yeah. Saiyans raping alien women before killing their entire race would have been likely. lol. I think what we're really asking, though, is if the Dragon Ball world were real, what would be the most likely possibility? Given Vegeta's evil nature in the early days, I could see things going either way.

However, Vegeta was a prideful prince, who likely wasn't too quick to waist his royal blood on just any woman. What made Bulma special was that she was just as stubborn as he was, if not moreso. That stubbornness is what attracted him to her, as we later find out, "Saiyans only like strong women." Despite Bulma's weak battle strength, her feistiness made her the closest thing to a Saiyan woman that he could find.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 02, 2020 3:50 pm

emperior wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am When he realizes Gohan is a Saiyan hybrid Freeza wonders if he is Raditz’s son. That’s all.
Yea, Raditz seems like the guy who would abuse woman using his power, I don't see how he could affectionate to anyone
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 03, 2020 9:10 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 pm - You must not travel a lot or know much about the world, because a lot of primitive real-life warrior cultures act exactly the Saiyans as described by Toriyama (where do you think Toriyama got some of his ideas for them from?)
Of course, I must not travel a lot, nor know a lot about the world, I'm having a hard time believing you're this clueless. Anyway, sure, even if Saiyan warriors were inspired by real life tribes, it doesn't mean they are exactly like them, stop trying to justify your weird rape fetish you have with Vegeta. Logically looking at the Saiyan's, with Toriyama's notes, they don't seem to be the most perverse creatures and only engage in sexual activities to reproduce. I'm guessing you also now want to say most if not all Female Saiyan's were sex slaves secretly?
- This isn't the only DB related site I've visit, and yet I hardly ever encounter anyone who considers any DB male besides Yamcha to be a playboy lmao. And as far as DB girls being "hoes", I think those guys you're talking about are largely joking lol.
Well then you're blind. I've been around the fandom for 10+ years now and I still vividly remember talk of Vegeta being called a 'player'. There was a time when almost every post about females would contain remarks calling them "thots", "hoes", "sluts", it doesn't matter if it's joking, the fact it was or is when the topic at hand is about a female character or involves one, the disrespect is disgusting.
- Vegeta killed far more people on screen in the Saiyan and Namek arcs than in the Buu arc (where he knew and expected that those people in the tournament would get wished back soon afterwards, so it was no big deal).
Seriously trying to justify Vegeta in the Buu Saga being an absolute evil bastard and risking the whole Earth being destroyed? I think I know who I'm dealing with here.
"however, I find it gross that people love to get off on Vegeta when he's at his worst as an individual"

Dude, its just fiction lol. Liking that is no different from liking any other villain (and far worse) villains from any other fiction. You are taking it way to seriously lol. Its just as dumb as saying liking violent video games and movies makes you violent smh.
You do realize fetishizing rape and murder is worrisome, right? You can compare the whole video game thing all you like, but that's not really the point, I think you're deliberately missing the point. The point is that a huge chunk of the western fandom reeks of toxic masculinity, glorifying and aspiring a character at their worst point to be the "best version" of that character. There's a difference between liking Vegeta from the Buu arc as a character and seeing him grow from the experience, and putting Vegeta from that period up on a pedestal. Not to mention voicing that opinion grossly.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 03, 2020 9:27 am

I prefer vanilla and pure love eroticism but sometimes I like self-inserting as the woman in a really dark, erotic story. It's nice stress relief and if the story is hot...it's hot.

I think it's silly to use 'realism' as a justification for calling Vegeta a rapist, when Toriyama would probably never detail him as being one. Just say you like to masturbate to the idea of self-inserting as a rapist and move along, IMO. I don't think it's right to kink shame but also don't try to dodge any responsibility here. Assault is horrible, being touched without consent is horrible and talking so superficially about rape is horrible. Just be honest.

*This post is not a form of consent on my part*
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sun May 03, 2020 3:35 pm

He was absolutely a virgin, because he has a one-track mind. The guy was obsessed with disposing of Freeza, becoming immortal and surpassing Goku. He had no power fantasy about raping and pillaging; he just wanted no one to be superior to him. A more 'legit' way to dominate so to speak, instead of just preying on the weak.

Think of the scene where he takes Krillin's Dragon Ball, with Bulma present. That was his future wife right there and he barely noticed her. Nope, immortality was all he could think about. If he loved raping and pillaging, he could have gone after her right there and then and just wiped out Krillin. He was in a' good mood' but didn't 'celebrate' like a conquering savage. He never acted brutally just for the joy of it, even if he did enjoy it; it was always in service of his greater goals. Raping helpless women was never a part of it. If you want an example of a Saiyan who would do such a thing, it would be Nappa. Because he likes to blow up cities for shits and giggles. Not Vegeta.

Bulma had to be completely in his face to get his attention.

Also, let's not equate primitive tribes with warmongers. For example, there was the Taino tribe with whom Columbus made 'contact', who were by all accounts friendly and open. As were many other tribes who were forcefully submitted by warlike peoples.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 03, 2020 6:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:27 am I don't think it's right to kink shame but also don't try to dodge any responsibility here. Assault is horrible, being touched without consent is horrible and talking so superficially about rape is horrible. Just be honest.

*This post is not a form of consent on my part*
Or maybe just don't say anything at all? What next? Pedophile kinks? There's a line that when crossed becomes worrisome.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon May 04, 2020 3:17 am

Aim wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:10 am
Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 pm - You must not travel a lot or know much about the world, because a lot of primitive real-life warrior cultures act exactly the Saiyans as described by Toriyama (where do you think Toriyama got some of his ideas for them from?)
Of course, I must not travel a lot, nor know a lot about the world, I'm having a hard time believing you're this clueless. Anyway, sure, even if Saiyan warriors were inspired by real life tribes, it doesn't mean they are exactly like them, stop trying to justify your weird rape fetish you have with Vegeta. Logically looking at the Saiyan's, with Toriyama's notes, they don't seem to be the most perverse creatures and only engage in sexual activities to reproduce. I'm guessing you also now want to say most if not all Female Saiyan's were sex slaves secretly?
Well then you're blind. I've been around the fandom for 10+ years now and I still vividly remember talk of Vegeta being called a 'player'. There was a time when almost every post about females would contain remarks calling them "thots", "hoes", "sluts", it doesn't matter if it's joking, the fact it was or is when the topic at hand is about a female character or involves one, the disrespect is disgusting.
Seriously trying to justify Vegeta in the Buu Saga being an absolute evil bastard and risking the whole Earth being destroyed? I think I know who I'm dealing with here.

You do realize fetishizing rape and murder is worrisome, right? You can compare the whole video game thing all you like, but that's not really the point, I think you're deliberately missing the point. The point is that a huge chunk of the western fandom reeks of toxic masculinity, glorifying and aspiring a character at their worst point to be the "best version" of that character. There's a difference between liking Vegeta from the Buu arc as a character and seeing him grow from the experience, and putting Vegeta from that period up on a pedestal. Not to mention voicing that opinion grossly.
You clearly can't read and you're projecting your views on others.

- Nowhere did I say that I personally believe (let alone want them to) that he and other Saiyans went around going on rape raids, only that it isnt impossible or unrealistic given what they are logically. The only clueless one is you, making false assumptions about others who disagree with you.

- You failed to post any online evidence of ANYONE in the fandom seriously thinking that he's a playboy lmao. All you got is he-say-she-say, which is enough to dismiss your claims.

- No one is justifying anything (learn how to read smh).There you go again making false assumptions about others smh. The point was that Buu arc Vegeta wasn't that different from his earlier versions.

- If your that hung-up on glorified violence and "toxic masculinity" (a BS concept, really), then why are you even a Dragonball fan lmao? This is a series filled with ultra-muscled dudes who's favorite activity is fighting, where everying major conflict is solved with fist, where the violence is the main selling point (even Toriyama himself said this numerous times), where the protagonist is guy who's only interests in life are fighting and food lol, etc. Seriously, what do you expect?

And seriously, who is guy/character who's married to a trillionare, given an awesome design and on the verge of redemption at their "lowest" point? That makes zero sense lmao.