What if Yamcha cheated on Bulma with a GUY.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: What if Yamcha cheated on Bulma with a GUY.

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:38 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 am
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:21 amThis is a baffling viewpoint.
That's because it is, my wording clearly shows I'm not serious. :lol:
God damn it. Anime discussions have ruined my brain.

Or maybe it was the booze... Nah I'm sticking with anime discussions.

Fair play to you, internet person.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:39 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:40 am
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 amVegeta indirectly got Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Chaozu and Piccolo killed, and almost killed Goku, Krillin, Yajirobe, Gohan, and almost destroyed the Earth.
Indirectly isn't the same as killing them, that was Nappa. When it comes to everyone else, Gohan Krillin, and Yajirobe were just roughed up a bit, so you can look at it as the equivalent of harsh training. Sure he broke Goku's legs and possibly every other bone, but if he didn't someone else would've. You could bring up the Namakians he killed, and to that I say, Freeza would've killed them if he didn't, so they'd die anyway. So really, Vegeta's not that bad of a guy when you look at things this way. When it comes to Yamcha though, if it wasn't Vegeta, it just would've been someone else, so it might as well be Vegeta.
I hope you aren't a parent or a police officer or something that's completly whacked out moral thinking.

Nappa was his subordinate. Nappa was acting under his orderes and would have stopped on his orders. If Nappa wasn't there he'd be doing it. The only reason he let Nappa go first was becasue he didn't feel like killing him themself, which is worse if anything.

You don't get to murder people because "they might die later anyway". It's still murder, Freeza ended up losing his scouters and most of his men, those villagers could have ran for the hills. Freeza said himself as he let Dende flew past that he wasn't there to "kill every little thing".

If it was "someone else" that person wouldn't be a mass murderer, so it'd be palatable and wouldn't require Yamcha being turned into a cheater, even though he's scared of women and shown great moral character by being willing to die with/for Goku as far back as the Red Ribbon arc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:40 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 am
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:21 amThis is a baffling viewpoint.
That's because it is, my wording clearly shows I'm not serious. :lol:
didn't realise you were somewhat kidding, my bad.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Hell, what if Yamaha cheated on Bulma with Puar? Imagine that.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:07 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am Well we see in the Red Ribbon arc that Bulma's insecure about Yamaha receiving female attention period. And since Yamcha is so nervous around women it probably makes him very passive and unassertive around if they're fawning over him. So instead of saying something along the lines of "Hey I have a girlfriend" he's just kind of a stuttering mess. Easy for Bulma and her insecurities to misconstrue it as playing the field.

Or shit, maybe Yamcha WAS cheating in an attempt to prove that he CAN overcome his fear and get girls and wasnt just lucky to stumble into Bulma. That "Do I still have it?" insecurity - or in Yamcha's case, "Do I have it all?" - is a big factor in people in stable long term relationships eventually cheating.
Probably one of the more sensible posts here, but i guess this is supposed to be a joke thread, so eh. Funny though I've been watching a lot of early DB lately and I was just commenting to myself about just how insecure and jealous Bulma really was. That''ll turn off anyone with half a brain.

Just like someone else said though, being nervous around girls doesn't nor shouldn't translate to closet gay. If anything most people like that go out of their way to put up front. Wolf Man Yamcha just cant handle the pressure that being around women can bring.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:33 pm

One thing I’ll add is that I probably wouldn’t have had much of a problem with Bulma getting with Vegeta if the story had acknowledged how shallow it is of her to dump Yamcha for him. Bulma has been acknowledged as an extremely shallow and vain character in the past, but by the time of the Cell arc, the story seemed to try and portray her as being one of the more mature and reasonable characters in the cast. I know you could argue that’s supposed to be a sign of character growth, but it just makes the whole thing with Vegeta difficult to swallow.

Why even bother trying to make Bulma look sympathetic for getting with Vegeta? Dragon Ball has never been opposed to depicting morally questionable protagonists, so why not present Bulma and Vegeta becoming a couple as an example of that? Why does Bulma need to suddenly be the mature voice of reason of the series?

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Xell wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 pm Hell, what if Yamaha cheated on Bulma with Puar? Imagine that.
That'd make too much sense. Puar is basically Yamcha's only friend (especially in Super) and the two are incredibly supportive of each other so there's no real joke to be had in a romance between them.

Now if Yamcha hooked up with Oolong? That's another story.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 pm

I have to say its scary just how much of your post seems sincere.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Disgusting.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 pm Disgusting.
What do you find disgusting?
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm
I'm sorry but Might Guy is has no business being in a relationship with Yamcha

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:27 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:24 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm
I'm sorry but Might Guy is has no business being in a relationship with Yamcha
Might Guy is currently married to Hatake Kakashi but I'm not sure if Guy is poly or not so it's hard to say whether or not they are together. Frankly, I think Yamcha would find Guy to be too much maintenance. Guy's such a strong personality and Yamcha doesn't seem to have Kakashi's patience or calm.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️