"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:05 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 am Dabra ( Honestly I think people only want him because they want to treat Stone Spit like a Sub Zero Ice Ball)
Never thought of that one. Would be a cool way to handle Dabura. Now I want him too.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Nice to see we are going to get more GT representation! I wonder if Baby will have a dramatic finish with GT Goku, so we could see SSJ4 Goku doing more. If Omega is in, I'd like to see a dramatic finish for him with GT Goku and one with SSJ4 Gogeta.

I doubt DLC will end after SSJ4 Gogeta, considering XV2 is still getting DLC. Feels like they are milking these games until PS5 & XSX/S get a bigger install base (and then maybe we coluld get XV3 & FighterZ 2 on those systems). Doesn't seem to make sense to port these games over since there is backwards compatibility.

I do think that at the very least, Omega Shenron will be announced as bonus after SSJ4 Gogeta is properly shown off. Or we could get a FighterZ Pass 4 and Omega could be one of the characters. Right now, there is an uneven number of good and bad guys, so I'd expect FighterZ Pass 4 to have either 3 or 5 characters, with there being one more bad guy than good guy.

If they do give us 3 or 5, here are my predictions:

Omega Shenron
Raditz
Uub
*Top*
*Tapion*

This is the exact order I'd see it being in for 5 characters, but these are the most likely in my opinion.

Also, I feel like SSJ4 Gogeta is going to be the Goku Day character for next year. About 4 months after Baby, like how Baby is around 4 months after Roshi and Roshi is 4 months after UI Goku.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 pm

They really need to do one more Dragonball Z-centric round to cover the missed characters:

-Radditz
- Dabura w/ Babidi
- Super Boo
- Mr. Satan
- Wild card...could be anyone from Pikkon, to Zarbon/Dodoria, to kid Trunks and Goten, etc.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:16 pm

precita wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 pmThey really need to do one more Dragonball Z-centric round to cover the missed characters:
I personally like how each season pass has a mix of characters form all parts of the franchise.
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 amIt all could be cool though.. who knows, maybe there are no plans for a sequel game but maybe some kind of spiritual successor in the future.
I think this might be more likely, as in terms of both gameplay and characters, FighterZ is as good as it's going to get. It also seems that Bandai are turning DB games into multi-year games as a service, where you continue to support them financially for years post launch. If you bought all 3 season passes, you ended up spending more than you would on a sequel, while they spent far less. The 3 season passes are the equivalent of a new game price wise, and will be more if there's a season 4.
Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:27 pmDoesn't seem to make sense to port these games over since there is backwards compatibility.
It makes a lot of sense. They can port them with all previously released DLC, then announce new characters for the future. There's 0 reason for either XV2 or FighterZ to get a sequel, as they can keep selling separate characters that amount to what you'd pay for a full sequel, while keeping costs on them to a minimum.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:49 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 am I was genuinely content with SS4 Gogeta being a possible skin or something, so like everyone else i'm hella curious about his moveset especially since he didn't do much in GT anyway. I never got into the Xenoverse games so I don't know what he's like in those but from I remember from the Tenkaichi games, Spike was always pretty original with some of the super moves they gave him, So I'm wondering if Arcs will go the same route since the only move he has that Gogeta Blue doesn't do is The party Kamehameha.

Baby looks cool too, he actually looks 100% original in his animations, I didn't see anything that resembled something similar to what any other Vegeta has so props to them for that, though I wouldn't have been against it either.

Honestly though if they keep adding characters, I don't see how there'll be any room for a sequel, I mean if they do give this game yet another year of support and DLC with a season 4, they'll start scrapping the bottom of the barrel. They still have a few names to choose from but outside of Yi Shenlong and Toppo being major heavy hitters, the rest are just kinda like.. eh.

Bojack
Tullece
Raditz
Zarbon
Dabra ( Honestly I think people only want him because they want to treat Stone Spit like a Sub Zero Ice Ball)
Meta Cooler (maybe)

It all could be cool though.. who knows, maybe there are no plans for a sequel game but maybe some kind of spiritual successor in the future.
C'mon, man ... there are still dozens of characters they can put in, although admittedly, most would be antagonists.

Aside from the ones you said: Toppo, Frost, Ribrianne, Chiaotzu, Dodoria, Gero, #19, Super #13, Cabba, Zangya, Pan, Super Boo, Slug, Trio de Dangers, Dyspo, Yajirobe, Chi-Chi, Tao Pai Pai ....

... and that's not counting the gimmicky henchmen in the movies.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:55 pm

My guess is a Fighter Z 2 will be announced for PS5 soon carrying over all the characters from this game and the DLC, and adding about 10 more.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta but no Yi Xi along/Omega Shenron? I suppose this isn’t the first time that’s happened, but it seems odd that they’d bother putting him in the game when we already have his Super Saiyan Blue form in this. Gogeta barely even did anything when he appeared in GT.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:16 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta but no Yi Xi along/Omega Shenron? I suppose this isn’t the first time that’s happened, but it seems odd that they’d bother putting him in the game when we already have his Super Saiyan Blue form in this. Gogeta barely even did anything when he appeared in GT.
I think the only game with Gogeta SSJ4 but no Syn/Omega was the first Budokai Tenkaichi which was odd considering they included Vegeta SSJ4, Baby Vegeta and Super 17 but not the final villain.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:23 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:16 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta but no Yi Xi along/Omega Shenron? I suppose this isn’t the first time that’s happened, but it seems odd that they’d bother putting him in the game when we already have his Super Saiyan Blue form in this. Gogeta barely even did anything when he appeared in GT.
I think the only game with Gogeta SSJ4 but no Syn/Omega was the first Budokai Tenkaichi which was odd considering they included Vegeta SSJ4, Baby Vegeta and Super 17 but not the final villain.
In that case, I’m assuming they were saving him for the second game so that it would have more of a hook.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm

I'm pretty sure a 4th fighter pass will likely happen. It would be odd if they end things with SSj4 Gogeta and not give us Super Yi Xing Long because we had leak dialogue between the two characters.

My predictions on a 4th Fighter Pass:

Super Yi Xing Long
GT Pan (They always add another female fighter)
Dabra
Raditz
Toppo
Moro (If the Moro arc gets an animated adaption by next year)
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm I'm pretty sure a 4th fighter pass will likely happen. It would be odd if they end things with SSj4 Gogeta and not give us Super Yi Xing Long because we had leak dialogue between the two characters.

My predictions on a 4th Fighter Pass:

Super Yi Xing Long
GT Pan (They always add another female fighter)
Dabra
Raditz
Toppo
Moro (If the Moro arc gets an animated adaption by next year)
While i'd absolutely love GT Pan to be added to this game, i think Ribrianne has bigger chances sadly, as 4 GT characters in a row isn't likely to happen i think. But who knows. Pan with Giru could be awesome.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:22 pm

A little disappointed by baby vegeta ... there are not all his transformations unlike goku GT .. it doesn't make much sense if they have already included the ozaru they could take advantage of the other transformations ... which also have abilities but the trailer is cool and showed looked pretty good

but never understand why gogeta ssj4 ... the character showed little and part of his abilities had already been given to gogeta blue does not make any sense ... it only takes up unnecessary space
there no excuse ... literally caulifla may be next in the next season even though kefla is in the game

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:22 pm A little disappointed by baby vegeta ... there are not all his transformations unlike goku GT .. it doesn't make much sense if they have already included the ozaru they could take advantage of the other transformations ... which also have abilities but the trailer is cool and showed looked pretty good

but never understand why gogeta ssj4 ... the character showed little and part of his abilities had already been given to gogeta blue does not make any sense ... it only takes up unnecessary space
there no excuse ... literally caulifla may be next in the next season even though kefla is in the game
Well Cell doesn't really have all the forms either, right? Baby's forms are not something he can turn on and off whenever he wants to. Unless they introduced some kind of mechanic of him starting in his first form and then keep transforming. But since they didn't do that with GT Goku and his SSJ4 is only used for dragon fist, it's very unlikely they would do so for Baby.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:42 am

Baby-Vegeta is cool, but really don’t understand Gogeta - what differentiates this version from the one we already have?

Definitely should have been Oob.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:38 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:42 amDon’t understand Gogeta - what differentiates this version from the one we already have?
He has a tail.

Joking aside (although it's true), it's the same reason why we have 4 Gokus and 3 Vegetas, they're popular and demanded by the fans. Obviously there are differences among each version, but personally, I would've preferred someone like Dabura over Base Goku and Vegeta.

Meito

Post by Meito » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 am

I'm not a fan of GT myself, but I understand that Baby is a more iconic villain than Yi Shenlong, and it's a perfect fit for the Saiyan-haters like Black and Zamasu. It's kinda nostalgic, even with SS4 Gogeta which I hope will get the party Kamehameha.

Anyway now that SS4 Gogeta is in I'm pretty sure there is going to be a fourth season pass to give him Yi Shenlong as a proper villain. Besides this tweet gives me hope:
https://twitter.com/treevax/status/1339 ... 21/photo/1

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:08 am

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:08 amPoor Omega
Omega was originally going to be first, but he wouldn't sign the contract Bandai offered him, so they went with those 2 instead. Omega being the smart business man that he is, wants a guaranteed appearance in the next 2 games, as well as a 10% pay increase for each game. Both Baby and Gogeta just took the first offer they got, which didn't include any pay increases or future appearances.
Meito wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 amNow that SS4 Gogeta is in I'm pretty sure there is going to be a fourth season pass to give him Yi Shenlong as a proper villain. Besides this tweet gives me hope:
https://twitter.com/treevax/status/1339 ... 21/photo/1
Based on how they're arranged, once Season 3 concludes, there'll be space for 5 more characters. That'll also give us 24 characters on disc at launch, and 24 as paid DLC post launch.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 am Based on how they're arranged, once Season 3 concludes, there'll be space for 5 more characters.
I didn't think there'd be a season 4, but that's proof enough for me, does look like there'd be 5 more.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:25 pm

remenber
ok assuming a next season ... the 5 characters would be ...
my predictions
-Omega shenron (very hype)
-Raditz is a classic
-Toppo popular petition
-Caulifla popular petition
-Mr Satan Gag character

--------------------------------------

others but very unlikely now ...

-Dabura is a classic but now unpopular
-Majin Vegeta is a classic but now unpopular
-Pikkon is a classic but now unpopular
-Ribrianne controversy