"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:23 am

Alruneia wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:50 am
Jack Bz wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 am
Roughly speaking, it should be about that much, yes. That's a good observation. I wouldn't get my hopes up for moving out of this time period based on that alone, but it does provide a way to make it happen.
Oh ok, sweet. I'm going to make a wild guess that this arc will lead to end of Z based on that info, just to say I guessed first :twisted:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 am

Roughly speaking, it should be about that much, yes. That's a good observation. I wouldn't get my hopes up for moving out of this time period based on that alone, but it does provide a way to make it happen.
Damn so Super is ending? it would make sense why we havent heard any news about its return in anime form.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 am

The price being the lame predictable shorten your life span is disappointing to me

But if they actually pushed ahead 3 years I would be impressed by that. Though if they do this could be the last arc. I thought that last time too however.

And yeah I don’t understand the point to have his hair grow just for him to cut it. Although I do prefer the shorter hair look.
Last edited by Kinokima on Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 am

One theory I came up with is, how to include 0G-73 into the story.

With Granolas new power he will get tipped on the location of frieza or the Saiyans. If he meets the Saiyans first. He will fight Goku and Vegeta.
Since the arc is about Goku furthering Ultra Instinct and Vegeta learning Hakai.
When Granola fights them and beats them. Perhaps Vegeta will try to Hakai Granola and like Goku, will fail at completely erasing him.
Granola escapes and attends to his wounds by use of the Heata. They decide to use 0G-73 and use his parts and fuse him to Granola. This would allow Granola to have the knowledge of what's still in 73.
Which could be piccolos healing, Vegetas Spirit fission, Moros magic and Merus angelic ki and Ultra Instinct.
Also him fusing with 73 may fix the whole having only 3 years as well.

My guess is similar to the theme from the Moro arc. If you don't have a trained body to handle raw Strength (Saganbo or Moro) then the power will be useless or possibly deadly. Perhaps this is the challenge Granola will have to face.
He needs a better body or "Nikutai"

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 am

Granolas wish is making the 4 months of Frieza training look like good writing

If you are going to give God tier power ups this easy to any new character, may as well make the Z gang god tier by training a few days in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I dont see the point of everyone but Goku and Vegeta being foder if your going to handle stupid excuses for power ups to any new antagonist.

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:08 am

YamiGoku wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 am Granolas wish is making the 4 months of Frieza training look like good writing

If you are going to give God tier power ups this easy to any new character, may as well make the Z gang god tier by training a few days in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I dont see the point of everyone but Goku and Vegeta being foder if your going to handle stupid excuses for power ups to any new antagonist.
You did not understand.
The wish can only double the maximum potential of a person.
It's just that Granola potential is huge !
So it will limitated the usage...

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 am

I'm feeling that this arc is going to have a similar lesson to Moro where the antagonist finds out the hard way that there is nothing that's a shortcut to training.

Vegeta's hakai will be important, but ultra instinct itself seems to be a perfect counter to someone who is "technically" stronger than you. Strength is good, but will he be able to utilise it fully?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:10 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 am
Damn so Super is ending? it would make sense why we havent heard any news about its return in anime form.
That's not really what I'm saying, no. And even if Super goes to the EoZ era during or after this arc, which I wouldn't get my hopes up for, that doesn't automatically mean Super will end (or that something else wouldn't just take its place immediately after).
Kinokima wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 am But if they actually pushed ahead 3 years I would be impressed by that.
Jack Bz wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 am I'm feeling that this arc is going to have a similar lesson to Moro where the antagonist finds out the hard way that there is nothing that's a shortcut to training.
This touches on what I was getting at when I said it provides a possible way to move to EoZ. In that case, Granolah's wish for power wouldn't be enough on its own, he can't just take a shortcut like that, so he'd be humbled in a battle against Frieza or whoever else, and then he'd use almost all of the 3 years he has left on training as hard as he could. That development would push the story into the EoZ era.
But don't read into this as something I think might happen, because I don't, at least not yet. The S in DBS might as well stand for "Safe" rather than "Super", so like I said, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 am

In before, the power isn't enough and Granolla travels to Namek/earth/new planet to use dragonballs again 8)

Jokes aside, the chapter isn't out yet and they leaked an important fight for the next month.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am

Toriyama is writing, so my guess is that now Granola will gain a reason to want to live past those three years but have no knowledge of a way of saving his life. A really grueling torture for him.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:03 pm

CortoMaltese wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:08 am
YamiGoku wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 am Granolas wish is making the 4 months of Frieza training look like good writing

You did not understand.
Is still too easy and convenient, everything he needs falls in front of him and then he happens to have a huge potential too?
isn't he the most powerful mortal on u7 now or not? because if he is, it was way too easy.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Elec is really starting to grow on me a lot. He’s basically Dragon Balls Kingpin. Mob Boss Kinda guy. I hope he sticks around after this arc because he’s a really good juxtaposition to the “Punch Punch Kick Kick” kinda Villians Dragon Ball is Known For

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Interesting how Granola still has 3 years, which seems like plenty of time. This arc may actually be a very long one, if it lasts 3 years in-universe, as I would expect Granola’s timed demise to be around the end of the arc, and be a key point, or else why would they choose such a number?
Which means that if this isn’t Super’s latest arc, which I doubt it is, then the next one may necessarily take place after the End of Z.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:58 pm

emperior wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:09 pm Interesting how Granola still has 3 years, which seems like plenty of time. This arc may actually be a very long one, if it lasts 3 years in-universe, as I would expect Granola’s timed demise to be around the end of the arc, and be a key point, or else why would they choose such a number?
Which means that if this isn’t Super’s latest arc, which I doubt it is, then the next one may necessarily take place after the End of Z.
Perhaps after an initial battle, Goku Vegeta and Frieza are on the Run trying to find a way to beat him as Granolah is hunting them down for 3 years.

I can’t say that wouldn’t be an entertaining premise

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:19 pm

emperior wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:09 pm Interesting how Granola still has 3 years, which seems like plenty of time. This arc may actually be a very long one, if it lasts 3 years in-universe, as I would expect Granola’s timed demise to be around the end of the arc, and be a key point, or else why would they choose such a number?
What if EoZ happens mid-arc, and whenever Granola meets the saiyans takes place after Goku takes off with Uub?

Let's just hope it doesn't go on for 3 years in real life :P

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:18 pm

People seem to be celebrating too preemptively. It's possible Granolah may continue "upgrading" his body via unnatural ways, and his life span will shorten even more.

I somehow doubt this arc could somehow be prolonged until EoZ :P

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:03 pm

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:46 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:03 pm
CortoMaltese wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:08 am

You did not understand.
Is still too easy and convenient, everything he needs falls in front of him and then he happens to have a huge potential too?
isn't he the most powerful mortal on u7 now or not? because if he is, it was way too easy.
When things like this happen in the story it makes me wonder what is the even point of the Dragonball Room in Shueisha i thought they were supposed to be helping reign in Toriyamas/Toyataro ideas and making the story more platable. It just seems they are giving the OK for anything without saying "hey lets do this in a diffrent way" or even keeping the continuity somewhat in line.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 pm

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 pm

The Heeters are going to get Goku & Vegeta to fight Granolah two on one huh? Well good luck with that.