Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:23 pm

Goten and Trunks are now failing even the fusion, they got really lazy by doing nothing for all this time, huh :)

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:26 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:23 pm Goten and Trunks are now failing even the fusion, they got really lazy by doing nothing for all this time, huh :)
I just noticed that Trunk's left-hand finger is not aligned with Goten's right-hand finger...
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:28 pm

So once again these producers revealed absolutely nothing except the new images we saw that could have been shown last year. And they’re all fawning over an umbrella ☔️. And then they’re “ Oh I don’t know if I can say this or that” what was the point of this?
Last edited by KentMan on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 pm

KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:15 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:56 pm feels a bit weird how they're talking about how much the RRA has grown from "mere" land vehicles to futuristic tech, considering how the RRA was pretty damn powerful originally
Pretty much watched the whole thing and other than this image of Bulma 18 Krillin Goten and Trunks nothing new was revealed except that the movie would be released in North America in the summer.
What about games related videos, didn't they show anything new? What games did they show?

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 pm
KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:15 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:56 pm feels a bit weird how they're talking about how much the RRA has grown from "mere" land vehicles to futuristic tech, considering how the RRA was pretty damn powerful originally
Pretty much watched the whole thing and other than this image of Bulma 18 Krillin Goten and Trunks nothing new was revealed except that the movie would be released in North America in the summer.
What about games related videos, didn't they show anything new?
I watched everything and so far there was no new info that I saw concerning this movie or even the manga. Except that the movie would be released in the summer for North America
Last edited by KentMan on Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:03 pm I'm more surprised people aren't talking about Trunks' hair...
To be honest, I'm just not all that surprised by the decision. Not that I knew it was coming, but it's been in the cards that an aged-up Trunks would have blue hair ever since the Zamasu arc, and if it's in-bounds for DBSSH to recolour Piccolo's arm thingies to yellow, it's definitely in-bounds to recolour Trunks' hair to blue as well. I think the goal is just to have one consistent hair colour for the Capsule Corp family, so they could've changed Bulma and Bulla's hair to purple instead, I guess, but they decided to change Trunks' hair to blue along with his aged-up design, and it is what it is.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:38 pm

So fellow Americans will have to dodge spoilers for at least two months? oh boy...
Is there any info about a Latino-Spanish release?
Last edited by PurestEvil on Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm

I like how Goten and Trunks still don't look quite the same as they'll look in the tournament. They seem a bit smaller to me, even if I'm only saying this based on a poster. That's a nice attention to detail, based on the fact that this movie is not really that close to the tournament, we are two years away from it, after all.
nato25 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:40 pmIt would have been great if trunks hair turned blue during his teenage years and that was the explanation lol, but they kind of ruined that idea with the flash back to the time future gohan was alive.
You can still make that your headcanon if you want.

The earliest flashback dates to AGE 780 (and we don't see a younger future Trunks from a point in time before that). That's also the last time we see present Trunks on-screen (Movie 1). Maybe it doesn't need for the hair to change to blue in the exact same day, as long as it happens at some point relatively close to that period, maybe it works.
super michael wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:52 pmalthough it is weird that Trunks has blue since in EOZ he has purple hair.
They are trying to be "consistent" (with the whole future Trunks shenanigans), but in this case it's really not working, yeah. It's still a retcon for all intents and purposes.

Either Trunks will dye his hair lilac (anime) or purple (manga) again in two years time, or they are intending to retell the tournament to "match" all these changes.
Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:58 pmNow we mainly just need to see Marron get older
I wasn't expecting Gotenks to appear, but if he does, along with Marron (she has to appear, both of her parents are in the poster!) and Bra, then color me excited for this movie (I'm already is, kind of!). Even if we are rehashing Red Ribbon for no good reason and the story turns out to be barely interesting, seeing these characters finally aging up is going to make it up for me.
Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:58 pmA lot of people probably don't care too much about characters' ages, but I do.
People should!
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:01 pmSo nobody's gonna talk about how Goten looks a bit like what his brother did at the Cell Games with his new hairstyle?
If it doesn't turn out to be an exact copy of Gohan's hair, I'll very much welcome it. It would be a great transition to go from this hairstyle to the one he'll sport in the tournament.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Now that 18 is confirmed for the movie, I have more of a reason to check it out. Too bad her EoZ hairstyle returned. It looks horrid.

Aged up Trunks and Goten look cool. I was hoping Goten would get his GT haircut but oh well

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:01 pm

Trunks' hair color has been retconned for a while now:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:02 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:58 pm I was hoping Goten would get his GT haircut but oh well

Well he still kinda does, just from the flashback part!

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:09 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:38 pm So fellow Americans will have to dodge spoilers for at least two months? oh boy...
Is there any info about a Latino-Spanish release?
I don’t think theres any info yet about that. But like I said they’re really being iffy about this movie
Last edited by KentMan on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:11 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:58 pm Now that 18 is confirmed for the movie, I have more of a reason to check it out. Too bad her EoZ hairstyle returned. It looks horrid.

Aged up Trunks and Goten look cool. I was hoping Goten would get his GT haircut but oh well
They look cool but will they be cool in the film is the question? I’m more weirded out that they’re not showing much other than what they could’ve shown last year.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:35 pm

Goten and Trunks have grown.

Now, I feel old.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 pm

I am so surprised that we didn't get a new trailer. They just showed off some extended footage of scenes that we've seen in previous trailers. I need new stuff, man.

Seeing Goten and Trunks all grown up is cool, though. Finally.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:48 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 pm I am so surprised that we didn't get a new trailer. They just showed off some extended footage of scenes that we've seen in previous trailers. I need new stuff, man.

Finally? It was bound to happen when they showed pan and revealed when this movie takes place. What’s really strange is that they decided to reveal this really late.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:52 pm

It's exciting to see them being teenagers now, they gave them interesting looks! And as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad Kid Trunks has finally been corrected to have blue hair in the anime too (the colored version of the DBS manga had already corrected it from the get-go).
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:14 pm A shame present Trunks also has blue hair now, which changes Gotenks base hair too.
Not necessarily, surprisingly: the colored version of the Super manga gives kid Trunks blue hair from the get-go, yet when Gotenks briefly appears, he still has purple hair somehow!

So we'll see if the anime staff did the same or if - on the contrary of the manga staff - they thought Gotenks should logically have blue hair.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm They are trying to be "consistent" (with the whole future Trunks shenanigans), but in this case it's really not working, yeah. It's still a retcon for all intents and purposes.

Either Trunks will dye his hair lilac (anime) or purple (manga) again in two years time, or they are intending to retell the tournament to "match" all these changes.
I think it's not about being consistent with any in-universe explanation: as you said it yourself, it's purely a retcon, a visual one which is not to be acknowledged story-wise, with the viewers having to adapt the vision they had so far (which is the way retcons work anyway).

Just like there will be no explanation for Piccolo's arms being changed, or for Krilin now having white eyes like the other characters, or Bulma suddenly having pure blue hair in Super (which include her as a baby before Z and as a post-Z adult) instead of Z's greenish tint.

So there won't be any "back to purple" for the tournament and there might not ever be a retelling either, just like the way they implied that Future Trunks always had blue hair despite what you can see in Z episodes.

Retcons imply no in-universe explanation compared to the previous choices, whether it's a story retcon or a visual retcon. For better or worse, it just implies "correct the information you currently have into the latest update we tell/show you, because we think it's better that way after all".
You can bet they'll always go with the current visual representation being what the character always was all along and always will be.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:37 pm YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeahhhhh babyyyyy! This is what I've been waiting for
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:00 pm

KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:48 pm
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 pm I am so surprised that we didn't get a new trailer. They just showed off some extended footage of scenes that we've seen in previous trailers. I need new stuff, man.

Finally? It was bound to happen when they showed pan and revealed when this movie takes place. What’s really strange is that they decided to reveal this really late.
Yes, finally. How long have we been waiting to see these kids grow up during the Super era?

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:16 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:00 pm
KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:48 pm

Yes, finally. How long have we been waiting to see these kids grow up during the Super era?
But we did see them grow up in the end of Z plus they’re half Saiyans it would take awhile for them to grow this much apparently. I’m more concerned of what they’re keeping in the bottle not just the visuals or character reveals.