How come no one wanted to kill Freeza in the Broly move

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

How come no one wanted to kill Freeza in the Broly move

Post by super michael » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:46 am

I mean in the movie Vegeta and Gogeta wanted to kill Broly, but those two didn't want to kill Freeza even when Freeza had every intention to kill Goku and Vegeta. Heck Freeza plans to destroy or enslave the earth.

Freeza is still evil, it isn't like he has changed at all. Freeza was given a lot of chances on Namek and RoF.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: How come no one wanted to kill Freeza in the Broly move

Post by Vijay » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:19 am

He helped them in ToP. Simple

Plus, dude plays manipulative mastermind guy. Broly was the central character so obviously he gets most screentime oe focus/emphasis

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:42 am

Because they weren't fighting Freeza.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:49 am

If Freeza wanted to destroy Earth, he could and would have simply done so from space.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:00 pm

Well, yeah, it's kinda dumb to let him go like if he was Pilaf, after what he had just done.

Specially when Earth could've been destroyed by Broly(who was scouted and brought to Earth, and unleashed by Freeza after killing Paragus just to have fun) if Gogeta didn't happen.

I guess the Goku in Gogeta wanted to give him a second (third, or fourth) chance instead of destroying him as a SSB fusion. A chance to be able to defend himself.

Freeza GTFO while Gogeta and Broly were fighting would've been the best option. He wasn't even interested in going to see Shenlong to make his wish.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:10 pm

I'm sure the bitch-ass beatdown Broly gave him was more than satisfactory.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:09 pm

Because he’s now the Skeletor of the franchise.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:53 pm

Would you randomly beat up that mean neighbor just because he rubs people the wrong way?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:53 pm Would you randomly beat up that mean neighbor just because he rubs people the wrong way?
Lol Frieza is seen as the mean neighbor? I mean if your neighbor is Space Hitler-Stalin with super powers then I guess.

Why didn't they kill him? In-universe it may be appreciation for help in Tournament of Power. Really though I'd bet it's because Toriyama/Toei wants to keep using him whenever needed.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:04 pm

I think it's because Whis gave Frieza the chance to be good at the end of the anime and Goku still deep down wanted to see what happens with that lol

But mostly it seemed like they don't just take him seriously anymore, that's kinda the feeling I got in that movie.