Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:07 am

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:15 am

DSB wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am When can we expect leaks? maybe even a cam rip?
"Leaks" - Pretty much instantly, people will be posting about the movie online right away and not everyone cares about avoiding spoilers. You can probably just open Twitter and search for Japanese posts about DBSSH, and spoilers will jump out at you (some translating required).
Camrips - That's piracy, so obviously no one here would watch one of those, right? ...Right? ...They'll probably show up after a week or so, I think. I do have the impression that Japan doesn't have a big "culture" for making camrips right away, though. But I could be wrong and one'll appear tomorrow, I dunno.

I mainly just wish they thought about this side of things and coordinated the releases around the world so that they wouldn't be so far, months even, behind Japan. It's going to be practically impossible to avoid spoilers, for the people who want to do that, until the movie releases in their country. It's not ideal.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:56 am

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:15 am
DSB wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am When can we expect leaks? maybe even a cam rip?
"Leaks" - Pretty much instantly, people will be posting about the movie online right away and not everyone cares about avoiding spoilers. You can probably just open Twitter and search for Japanese posts about DBSSH, and spoilers will jump out at you (some translating required).
Camrips - That's piracy, so obviously no one here would watch one of those, right? ...Right? ...They'll probably show up after a week or so, I think. I do have the impression that Japan doesn't have a big "culture" for making camrips right away, though. But I could be wrong and one'll appear tomorrow, I dunno.

I mainly just wish they thought about this side of things and coordinated the releases around the world so that they wouldn't be so far, months even, behind Japan. It's going to be practically impossible to avoid spoilers, for the people who want to do that, until the movie releases in their country. It's not ideal.
Honestly, not gonna watch the camrip, I'm just interested to see "the main villain" design.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:30 am

Don't watch no camrip. That'll ruin it completely.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:06 am

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:15 am
Camrips - That's piracy, so obviously no one here would watch one of those, right?
Anyone here? No. On Discord, however, it's not uncommon for some users to post entire movies with one Discord link. I remember someone sending the entire Morbius movie compressed to around 46 MB or something. If they can do that with Morbius, then I fully expect the same thing to happen with DBS Super Hero
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:13 am

So as a follow-up to my previous administrative recommendation/request post:

Let's remember that nothing changes with regard to the overall community guidelines here. Active piracy and discussion that encourages or otherwise enables piracy is grounds for account termination.

What you do elsewhere and on your own time is your thing and your thing alone, but we don't need to hear about it or help you do anything any particular way.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:36 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:47 amEven in a weakened state the MCU stories still tell a coherent, connected story, while remaining entertaining. Unlike Dragonball where they rehash & retcon what happened previously in the story so carelessly and with such arrogance that you’d think this was the Paul Wes Anderson Resident Evil movie franchise.
I think a cinematic universe only works for something like Marvel and DC because they have almost a century of comics by countless artists to pull from. Other attempts at a cinematic universe didn't do so great. If the series is mostly rehashing old ideas, it's best to keep it the way it is and releasing every few years than a cinematic universe with more frequent releases.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 am

No, if the series can't reinvent itself but all it can do is rehashing old stuff, it's best for it to end. Either we get the new or we get nothing.

Though I don't know if Dragon Ball would work based on movies alone, that doesn't mean it can't do the same in a smaller scale. Like a series as its basis, getting periodically a TV Special, OVA and a short series. It would be the inverse of Marvel, we have these solo movies leading to the ensemble one, in Dragon Ball, the ensemble series will spawn some solo stories. That Dragon Ball can definitely do it.

Hopefully this movie kicks something off and reinvent itself, we already got a timeskip with a major repercussion (they finally age up some characters!), now all that's left is a most needed refresh on the formula for the series too. Leave the past things in the past.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:15 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 am No, if the series can't reinvent itself but all it can do is rehashing old stuff, it's best for it to end. Either we get the new or we get nothing.
That's definitely an option too but everything comes to an end at some point. I just mean a release every few years and occasional spinoff until it ends for a series like DB is preferable to multiple releases a year.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:35 am

The movie started premiering 32 minutes ago in japan(cast only) https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1535275713732878337. Nationwide release 9 hours to go
Last edited by Mr_CINDER on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:37 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 am No, if the series can't reinvent itself but all it can do is rehashing old stuff, it's best for it to end. Either we get the new or we get nothing.

Though I don't know if Dragon Ball would work based on movies alone, that doesn't mean it can't do the same in a smaller scale. Like a series as its basis, getting periodically a TV Special, OVA and a short series. It would be the inverse of Marvel, we have these solo movies leading to the ensemble one, in Dragon Ball, the ensemble series will spawn some solo stories. That Dragon Ball can definitely do it.

Hopefully this movie kicks something off and reinvent itself, we already got a timeskip with a major repercussion (they finally age up some characters!), now all that's left is a most needed refresh on the formula for the series too. Leave the past things in the past.
There needs to be a creative visionary who guides or shepherds this series towards something meaningful beyond selling sh figurearts toys and dokkan/heroes cards. Just the small discussions in this thread about ideas what the movie could be sounds more interesting than what we are getting. If fans can do that why is it so hard for the "professionals" in charge to be as creative? What could have been a tremendous character study on a section of the cast that haven been poorly written & forgotten about for decades is seemingly just a lackluster retread of tropes, jokes, & story beats we've all seen countless times before.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 am

The biggest earth-shattering finale spoiler:
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... sR3H7ejNjQ

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:43 am

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 am The biggest earth-shattering finale spoiler:
So... Gohan Blanco will be canon now?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:48 am

LastationLover5000

Post by LastationLover5000 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:52 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 pm
LastationLover5000 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:30 pmI become with my fanfic. Wow that is a nightmare.
You write a fanfic, ok, there's no need to keep pushing. Besides the image is a fake anyway.
This response is brought to you by The Erased Chronicles.
The writer of The Erased Chronicles and co-author of Dragon Ball: The Heart of Adventurers. I pop in here from time to time. Certified Caulifla and Kefla simp.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 am The biggest earth-shattering finale spoiler:
At least its a better name than
Piccolo

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:43 am
So... Gohan Blanco will be canon now?
Obviously not, it's clearly a joke
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:04 pm

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:08 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:04 pm
What did they do with Trunks and Goten?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm Assuming that the guy's not just messing around, if something from Toyotaro's take on Dragon Ball AF (first thing that comes to mind) appears in DBSSH I think I'm going to die. (Not necessaily in a bad way, it's more in the way where you say "I'm dying" after laughing a little too hard a little too long.) If it's not that and it's something even wackier, like Gohan Blanco, then I'll definitely die.
I'll wait until I actually see it since I'm still not entirely convinced he's not just being funny, but, well, looks like I might be dead. Does anyone have a set of Dragon Balls lying around? :P
This movie is shaping up to be a spectacular mess now, and I am here for it. I can't wait to see exactly what crazy nonsense we're in for.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link