Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 pm

Here she is, the most interesting person out of this movie! :D

Next ones gotta be Mira, Towa and Fu or there will be riot.

The transformation!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:11 pm

Looking at some of these spoilers, it's like Toriyama took every criticism that has been thrown at Dragon Ball Super and said "lol. lmao."

I'm kinda here for it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:54 pm Image

I hope that's just a bad shot or because it's from the cinema....but that actually does look terrible. It looks like someone paused a PS2 game.
Good grief. Piccolo looks like a grotesque orange version of #8 now. Gohan seems to be taking the exaggeration of Saiyan transformations and making it downright comical with that hair. Count me as one of the unenthused fans with these developments. They really should have just gone with the simpler and more plausible route of Kaioken combined with already existing pathways towards gaining power. I mean compare that to something like this art piece of a hypothetical Kaioken Piccolo.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:13 pm

Some things I saw while skimming through the theater pamphlet.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:15 pm

Piccolo look like the Gigachad meme :D

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 pm

Piccolo looks cool. So glad he has some new forms. As I am Gohan. Everyone has their own colors now. Lol.

Goku: UI (Silver)
Vegeta: UE (Purple)
Broly: FP Ssj (green)
Gohan: Final Form (white)
Piccolo: Potential Unlocked (orange)

LastationLover5000

Post by LastationLover5000 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:29 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:39 pm Finally. Piccolo actually looks pretty cool in that first shot. Gohan looks pretty cool as well.

But Cell....how you gonna bring back a major character like Cell and do that to him?
What did you expect? This is just to get people in the seats, to get money for saying "we finally did something for these two, be happy".
The writer of The Erased Chronicles and co-author of Dragon Ball: The Heart of Adventurers. I pop in here from time to time. Certified Caulifla and Kefla simp.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 pm

So did they ever announce a theme song? It would be very strange for a anime film to miss out on the opportunity to sell a CD single.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:41 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:03 pm I think Gohan chooses what he can or can't catch. :P

DBZfan29 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 pmMy Japanese is poor and it was way past my bed time but

Not a problem, that's more than enough for me. It seems I was correct and it's indeed AGE 782. Thank you! :thumbup:

I'm also surprised I haven't seen anyone not even commenting on the fact that Pan can't fly, since this outright contradicts the anime. Guess people finally learned that these movies take place in another continuity? Or that all the scenes of Pan flying were fillers?

Hopefully that Super Saiyan thing becomes a plot point in the near, very near future!
Or hear me out
She was a baby when she did that and forgot how to fly over time
Caulifla forgot how to turn Ssj2 until she Goku gave her the pointers
Piccolo outright forgot his Giant form despite the Moro arc happening
So it ain't impossible to believe Pan forgot how to fly sometime after

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 pm

This movie confirms what I've been saying about DBS for some time- all three versions of it are canon and trying to pick a true version is a mug's game. The same is true of DBS Broly, which was more of a sequel to Resurrection F than the Tournament of Power.

The Pan being able to fly thing is barely an issue anyway- she was a baby, it's perfectly reasonable to assume she doesn't remember doing it. Though on that note, did Jiren ever meditate in the manga? It's apparently a big plot point but I only remember him doing it in the show.

LastationLover5000

Post by LastationLover5000 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:51 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 pm This movie confirms what I've been saying about DBS for some time- all three versions of it are canon and trying to pick a true version is a mug's game. The same is true of DBS Broly, which was more of a sequel to Resurrection F than the Tournament of Power.

The Pan being able to fly thing is barely an issue anyway- she was a baby, it's perfectly reasonable to assume she doesn't remember doing it. Though on that note, did Jiren ever meditate in the manga? It's apparently a big plot point but I only remember him doing it in the show.
You are bang on.
The writer of The Erased Chronicles and co-author of Dragon Ball: The Heart of Adventurers. I pop in here from time to time. Certified Caulifla and Kefla simp.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:55 pm

Oooooookay... Orange Piccolo is something I might find cool (when I get used to the creepy new look lol) and doesn't bug me too much story-wise since it has an explanation behind it. But... "Final Gohan"? For me personally, that is probably the single most ridiculous transformation ever! :lol: Both in design and story! It looks like they decided to just take his ssj2 hair from when he was a kid, double its size in proportion to his body, and make the front strand even more ginormous than that! And what the heck is it supposed to be? (Gohan transformed just for the sake of transforming (marketing) is the real answer. lol) Ultimate Gohan was supposed to be Gohan with all his potential unleashed, including what came from anger, so it must not be that. Speaking of which, Ultimate Gohan suddenly isn't so ultimate, is it? lol That also begs the question, what will they call Gohan's next transformation in a few decades fron now? "Final Gohan 2"? :lol:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:58 pm

Well shit, looks like Gohan is ready to kick Gohan Black's ass

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:00 am

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 pm So did they ever announce a theme song? It would be very strange for a anime film to miss out on the opportunity to sell a CD single.
No theme song. If I remember correctly, they play a piece of BGM at the end that it is heard at different times in the movie.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:00 am

Block88 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:41 pm Or hear me out
She was a baby when she did that and forgot how to fly over time
Caulifla forgot how to turn Ssj2 until she Goku gave her the pointers
Piccolo outright forgot his Giant form despite the Moro arc happening
So it ain't impossible to believe Pan forgot how to fly sometime after
Pan flew instinctively when feeling happy. That's not something she would "forget" as she started growing up. Especially around people who fly all the time around her. It literally makes no sense.

Caulifla went SS2 all of one time, by complete accident, to stop Berserker Kale. Unlike Goku and Vegeta, who had spent years training and mastering these forms, Caulifla, Kale and Cabba had hardly any experience at all and was their first time transforming in most cases. Having the potential for those forms was there, but no the experience or training.

Piccolo's giant form was a literal giant weakness, as was shown during the 23rd Budokai. Even if his physical strength alone increased proportionally, he was a much easier target to hit and all his most vulnerable points were all that much easier to target. It would've also been useless against Moro since Moro would just be draining his energy anyway and Piccolo was nowhere near Moro's level due to that whole arc being utter nonsense.

So no. It's actually impossible for Pan to have forgotten how to fly. It's much more probable that they see the audience either being dim or simply not caring about all the continuity errors nor the story being a complete waste.
Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 pm This movie confirms what I've been saying about DBS for some time- all three versions of it are canon and trying to pick a true version is a mug's game. The same is true of DBS Broly, which was more of a sequel to Resurrection F than the Tournament of Power.

Except that's not true. The DBS Broly movie is the first Super Movie. Which is disconnected from the DBZ Movies. Which includes Battle of Gods and Revival of F. So no, DBS Broly was made as a direct sequel to the ToP. Otherwise it wouldn't have bothered mentioning those events. Now what could happen is they reboot the anime and adapt the Broly movie into an Arc, like they did with BoG and RoF. However, until they actually do so, then DBS Broly is canon to the Anime.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:12 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:58 pm
That's a bit better.
Oh, I like it. I thought it was more in line with Gohan Blanco or UI, but it's actually darker.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 am

Block88 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:41 pmOr hear me out
She was a baby when she did that and forgot how to fly over time. So it ain't impossible to believe Pan forgot how to fly sometime after
Though I acknowledge such possibility, this ain't the case. Even most Saiyan kids need to be taught how to fly. So no, she didn't "forget" it, she straight up didn't know how to fly as she hadn't been taught yet.

Then again, if I apply some common sense and logic, I don't acknowledge it at all. Even the Saiyans who managed to fly by themselves, they were kids by that time, not babies. I don't believe babies can teach themselves anything. So there's that.
Block88 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:41 pmPiccolo outright forgot his Giant form despite the Moro arc happening
1 - The gap between the 23rd tournament and this movie is twenty six years, over two decades and a half. One is excused for not remembering.

2 - We don't know if Moro saga happened in the movies continuity.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:46 am

https://twitter.com/DBUI201/status/1535 ... 0&ref_url=

Ok so Gohan isn't Blanco but grey/silver like UI... But we will never get a explanation for it like with Trunks SSR form. Sill looks cool but a bid too edgy

Piccolo new form... Well I like it.. and nock me all you want but I have a low grade color blindness... Where the fuck is it orange

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:30 am

I'm confused what this means for the continuity.

1) Gohan still has to learn how to use his Ultimate Form again, even though he knew how to do it in the ToP both in the manga and anime.
2) Broly and Jiren are mentioned as if they were the most recent events, rather than Moro and Granolah, even though this is chronologically after both manga arcs.
3) Pan doesn't know how to fly even though she knew how to in the anime.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:38 am

BagetaSama wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:30 am I'm confused what this means for the continuity.

1) Gohan still has to learn how to use his Ultimate Form again, even though he knew how to do it in the ToP both in the manga and anime.
2) Broly and Jiren are mentioned as if they were the most recent events, rather than Moro and Granolah, even though this is chronologically after both manga arcs.
3) Pan doesn't know how to fly even though she knew how to in the anime.
Who beat Kefla? The answer is yes.

Don't think about it, it doesn't matter.