Possible visual/effects style for the new special...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:11 am

backthen wrote:actually i happen to have an xbox copy right here, tell me where to look and i will, ill check the booklet right now.
My heart goes out to you, because you'll probably only find that info in the end credits.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:15 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:
backthen wrote:actually i happen to have an xbox copy right here, tell me where to look and i will, ill check the booklet right now.
My heart goes out to you, because you'll probably only find that info in the end credits.
Haha, luckily, there's a cutscene viewer, and the credits are included I think.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:49 am

Personally, I am just happy that we are getting new Dragonball anime and am not worrying too much about the animation style. I'm sure Toei will do their best to give this special the most authentic and fan-pleasing look that they can. And also, is there any reason that it won't have the same animation style as GT?
----------------------------
SSJ Helldog wrote:Speaking of the Anime Nippon Ijin Taisho 2007 video, did anybody ever subtitle it? Or has anyone found a non-streaming version?
He's a Megaupload download of the video (no subtitles version, sorry, that can be somebody else's job ^_^) in .mp4 format and good quality (45.8 mb). I just uploaded it today, so tell me if there are any problems with it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE3921UV

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:Personally, I am just happy that we are getting new Dragonball anime and am not worrying too much about the animation style. I'm sure Toei will do their best to give this special the most authentic and fan-pleasing look that they can. And also, is there any reason that it won't have the same animation style as GT?
----------------------------
SSJ Helldog wrote:Speaking of the Anime Nippon Ijin Taisho 2007 video, did anybody ever subtitle it? Or has anyone found a non-streaming version?
He's a Megaupload download of the video (no subtitles version, sorry, that can be somebody else's job ^_^) in .mp4 format and good quality (45.8 mb). I just uploaded it today, so tell me if there are any problems with it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE3921UV
The same reason why the DBZ 2 and 3 intros didn't.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:18 am

Pain wrote:The same reason why the DBZ 2 and 3 intros didn't.
What's the reason? Sorry that I'm so clueless right now, I've been on a series of one day family vacations and my knowledge is dropping out of my ears across the state. :shock:

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:40 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Pain wrote:The same reason why the DBZ 2 and 3 intros didn't.
What's the reason? Sorry that I'm so clueless right now, I've been on a series of one day family vacations and my knowledge is dropping out of my ears across the state. :shock:
Because they're using that new 2000's animation now. The kind that they use in the Japanese DBZ game shows and stuff, you know what I mean? I guess the GT animation didn't last long.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Toriyama Boss
Banned

Re: Possible visual/effects style for the new special...

Post by Toriyama Boss » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote: Toriyama ain't gonna except that!
Yeah, because he was so up in arms about the filler and terrible animation throughout DB/Z..

Not to mention you're obviously a close personal friend of his and know exactly how he would react.
Toriyama didn't do fillers this special will be done by Toriyama (original concept) so he will have a say in how things will go.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Toriyama Boss wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote: Toriyama ain't gonna except that!
Yeah, because he was so up in arms about the filler and terrible animation throughout DB/Z..

Not to mention you're obviously a close personal friend of his and know exactly how he would react.
Toriyama didn't do fillers this special will be done by Toriyama (original concept) so he will have a say in how things will go.
Scroll down to the second one, and prepare for a surprise.

Toriyama Boss
Banned

Post by Toriyama Boss » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:07 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote: Yeah, because he was so up in arms about the filler and terrible animation throughout DB/Z..

Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:11 pm

Toriyama Boss wrote: Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.
And he didn't write the story for DB/Z?

Yet the series is still plagued by horrible animation and poor pacing.

Toriyama Boss
Banned

Post by Toriyama Boss » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote: Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.
And he didn't write the story for DB/Z?

Yet the series is still plagued by horrible animation and poor pacing.
Sigh, of course there is going to be lack of detail in some episodes because look how many episodes there are? This is a freaking special, it won't look like the garbage that was just posted. That ain't classic Dragonball!

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:02 am

Toriyama Boss wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote: Toriyama didn't do fillers this special will be done by Toriyama (original concept) so he will have a say in how things will go.
Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.
He's not writing this special, as far as we've been told. He's submitted concept(s), and that's all. Same as he did for fillers, movies, specials and the like when the studio asked him. So this situation is much the same.

That said, we shouldn't hold this against the special. After all, for every bad non-manga story, there are two good ones. :D

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:06 am

djkalteraphine wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote:Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.
He's not writing this special, as far as we've been told. He's submitted concept(s), and that's all. Same as he did for fillers, movies, specials and the like when the studio asked him. So this situation is much the same.
Actually, one of the older pages on this that appeared in Jump, the one that had the schedule for the anime tour, said that Toriyama wrote the story.

edit: Here's the page, though the scan's a bit blurry. It says that "Sensei wrote a new story!".
Last edited by Herms on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

Herms wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote:Yes, I know that but Toriyama is actually writing this anime special, not just submitting some desgns and a few ideas.
Actually, one of the older pages on this that appeared in Jump, the one that had the schedule for the anime tour, said that Toriyama wrote the story, if I remember right.
I'm sure he didn't write the screenplay, though.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:17 am

djkalteraphine wrote:I'm sure he didn't write the screenplay, though.
Yeah, probably not. But of course that's not really his job.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Toriyama Boss
Banned

Post by Toriyama Boss » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote: Scroll down to the second one, and prepare for a surprise.

That said, we shouldn't hold this against the special. After all, for every bad non-manga story, there are two good ones. :D
My man Herms took care of you....