JUMP Festa 2009

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

JUMP Festa 2009

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 pm

*looks around*

Okay so unless it's lovingly nestled within the 76 page mammoth thread for the new animated short, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else and since I posted it on AP a day or so ago and expected it to diffuse over to this side but has not, I figured I would mention that at this year's JUMP Festa there's going to be an officiall full-on DB Stage on the 20th of December with 'big' guests. Since I saw Nozawa last year and Tanaka will already be there for the OP Stage those two seem like a given and it would just be plain stupid to bother without Horikawa.

I'm wondering if He will show up or not.

Anyway, I'll be there the day of and attempt to nab pictures/movies as I do each year for AP.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Mr. Horikawa is <3

Does this mean you'll get to watch the new animated special? No one on the whole board's been able to get in to see it. :shock:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:44 pm

I don't think there's a good chance of that. I doubt they'd bother playing it there unless there's some kind of DVD announcement. Normally I would have purchased a ticket and gone to Tokyo to see it but since I've gotten married money is tight. Luckily JF is totally free.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:I don't think there's a good chance of that. I doubt they'd bother playing it there unless there's some kind of DVD announcement. Normally I would have purchased a ticket and gone to Tokyo to see it but since I've gotten married money is tight. Luckily JF is totally free.
Totally understandable.

Lol, I gotta stop getting my hopes up about anyone around here getting to see the special; it's been over a month and not a single clip's surfaced in this day and age of YouTube and Torrents? TT_TT

Anyways, I hope you have fun!
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Oh, I'll see it the moment it's publicly available but something tells me Julian would be all over that like white on rice.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 pm

omae no kaasan wrote: Normally I would have purchased a ticket and gone to Tokyo to see it but since I've gotten married money is tight. Luckily JF is totally free.
You couldn't purchase a ticket anyway, if I understand right. You'd send in a postcard, and winners would be chosen randomly from that.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm

I wonder if the Anniversary stuff was a pre-screening for these specials and that the Festa will air them.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 am

You couldn't purchase a ticket anyway, if I understand right. You'd send in a postcard, and winners would be chosen randomly from that.
Actually I meant a train ticket. I didn't even bother joining the lottery because of the situation I'm in now (ie. broke)

That is not the case for JUMP Festa though. I already sent my postcard in for a seat.
I wonder if the Anniversary stuff was a pre-screening for these specials and that the Festa will air them.
Not likely. Unless JUMP makes a big announcement soon don't get your hopes up. They're not likely to have such exclusive content playing for free for the general public on a loop and certainly not during the Stage events.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 am

Well there is an official Jump Festa 2009 site, and it does have a "Jump Stage" section so I'd assume that this is where we would hear anything else about who will be on the stage.

And omae no kaasan, I was wondering, how in the world did you earn the title "OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D"?

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 am

Both JUMP and any of its websites are notorious for being vague about who will or won't be attending JUMP Festa Stage events. With respect to OP they used to just write: "With special guests". This was a double-edged sword because, well, you didn't know who was or wasn't going to be there but it also made for some bitchin' surprises like when Nami appeared out of nowhere halfway through the event in 2003.

In the past 3 years the entire SH crew VA's have made a point of attempting to appear at the event together if at all possible so JUMP eventually started advertising it as, "And the SH crew.", which they've done again this year.

The website in question says exactly what was in this week's JUMP, "With everyone's favorite stars!", and the enticing, "And a very special guest."

Don't expect it to be updated with anymore details until either close to the event or afterwards.
And omae no kaasan, I was wondering, how in the world did you earn the title "OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D"?
I have a history with DB on the web that goes back a good deal.

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:28 am

I'm looking to go to Japan next year and this may be a perfect opportunity. Where can I get tickets, where is it being held and when. Any info would be appreciated. I plan on spending at least a week in Japan searching out anything DB related!
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 am

It's this December 20th and 21st.

It doesn't cost anything and the events are free, however, you can get special seating in the front if you enter a lottery through JUMP.

If you came all the way to Japan and are just looking to get DB merch. don't bother. Go to a JUMP Store or a Animate or something. Some people spend their entire day at the event waiting in line to get into the limited goods section and miss everything else.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:12 pm

How did I miss this?

The event is going to be amazing. Imagine if Toriyama is there? :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 pm

According to Greg/Omae on AP: Chatwin will appear at JUMP Fest 2009.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Heard about that on AP too.

He's gonna need to do something really amazing to prove anything to me. The bits and pieces that I've seen of his Goku do at best leave me skeptical about him. :?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 pm

2009 or 2008?...
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Maybe it's like car models. :p
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]