Tenshinhan is not a human?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Thinking about I guess I can accept it. I mean, I never did feel too comfortable with the third eye being a symbol of enlightenment (not as in, I hate the concept but the idea that Tenshinhan was enlightened at the 22nd Budokai).

I guess unlike Saiyan tails, a third eye is NOT a recessive trait. :D
kinoko wrote:Yes..... um, let's please try to stay away from comments of this nature, as they are neither funny nor canon. Kthnx.
Oh, you run Three's the Charm? Hah, I just send an e-mail there. If I knew that I'd have just used a PM. :oops:
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanos6 wrote:I guess they "assumed" it was obvious enough that Chaozu might have been based off a Kyonshi.
That's what I always assumed. Kynoshi is a word for the Chinese Jiang Shi, and since we know Mr. Toryama to be a fan of referencing Chinese culture and folklore, it's what I lean towards.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 am

I don't think Tien is alien. For one thing, if he is, then the realization of Goku being an alien wouldn't be as "oh my God!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:44 am

I don't think he's just straight-up pure alien like Goku is, but "descended from aliens?" Sure, why not? He's shown a lot of strange, otherworldly abilities than nobody but him have (filler notwithstanding), and he seems to grow in power a lot more and faster in comparison to the other "humans."

If Tenshinhan's got like 3 generations or so worth of human in him, I wonder what 100% members of the race are like. Maybe they ALWAYS have 4 arms.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:15 am

My not really serious fan theory is that Ozotto from the VRS game is actually an example of a pure-blooded member of the Three-Eyed Clan. He's got three eyes and can, if I remember right, shape-shift into other characters. So Tenshinhan's ability to alter his body would be a faint holdover of those abilities.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 am

Herms wrote:My not really serious fan theory is that Ozotto from the VRS game is actually an example of a pure-blooded member of the Three-Eyed Clan. He's got three eyes and can, if I remember right, shape-shift into other characters. So Tenshinhan's ability to alter his body would be a faint holdover of those abilities.
Haha, that's interesting. But I think if Tenshinhan were descended from a monster like that, he's retain just a FEW more other characteristics. XD
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Eison
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eison » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am

These 4 can be from the Three-Eyed Clan, they have those things on their forehead that look a little like eyes to me and the right on looks a lot like Tien, the screenshot is from Bojack Unbound.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6767/threeeyedaa5.jpg

Herms

Post by Herms » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 am

I think those are probably just incense marks like Kuririn has on his forehead.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Herms wrote:I think those are probably just incense marks like Kuririn has on his forehead.
Agreed. At best, those guys would be from the Oorin Temple where Krillin trained prior to meeting Kamesennin. ...That's what it was called, right?

I wish I knew the daizenshuu's reasoning for this tidbit. I wonder how long ago the Three-Eyed Clan arrived on Earth.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:03 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I don't think Tenshinhan is alien. For one thing, if he is, then the realization of Goku being an alien wouldn't be as "oh my God!"
The idea is that Tenshinhan wouldn't even know that he is an alien, because he was born on Earth. His ancestors are the ones that came to Earth. In any case, I don't once remember Tenshinhan specifically reacting to Goku being a Saiyan. I wonder who told him...?

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, there's a question.

Does Tenshinhan know this?
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:Well, there's a question.

Does Tenshinhan know this?
Maybe :lol:

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:37 am

Well, I would think somebody told him why he got killed by two weird guys.

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:08 am

It would have probably been Yajirobe who first told Tenshinhan about the Saiyans, since he was the one Karin had round up everyone so that Kami could train them.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:59 am

Tenshinhan: Yajirobe? I know you didn't come out here just to say hi.
Yajirobe: Hell no! I just came to tell you that a couple vicious aliens are on their way to earth, and Kami wants you to train to help fend them off. *shrug* Goku already died taking down the weak one.
Tenshinhan: dot dot dot?
Yajirobe: Yeah, it was his brother or something. *goes off to McDonalds before going to find someone else*

Though, I don't suppose Tenshinhan would have known anything about his supposed alien ancestory...?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:15 am

Yep, the Daizenshuu states that his ancestors were aliens. It also states that he was born with the ability to grow his two extra arms, and that his ancestors saw the ability as a good technique to incorporate into there fighting style, so they did. For those who question if he trains during those years of peace that lead up to the Buu saga. It states -

"Due to his alien origins, or his training with Tsuru-Sennin, it is certain that Tenshinhan has a proud and lonely personality and doesn't seem to have a close relationship with his fellow fighters. Even in moments of peace, he never felt comfortable among them, finally he chooses to abandon their company completely to train by himself."

Or so I've been told. I had it translated. If anyone else wants to translate it, be my guess. I'm getting together the ultimate piece of Tenshinhan information, about his race, and the strongest earthling debate.

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rreth1.jpg
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 am

Drunken Master wrote:Yep, the Daizenshuu states that his ancestors were aliens. It also states that he was born with the ability to grow his two extra arms,
This is basically true, although to be nitpicky it never says he was born with that ability, only that it comes from his alien ancesty. It's possible he had to work to develop it, like Goku had to work to become Super Saiyan.
and that his ancestors saw the ability as a good technique to incorporate into there fighting style, so they did.
It never says this.
"Due to his alien origins, or his training with Tsuru-Sennin, it is certain that Tenshinhan has a proud and lonely personality and doesn't seem to have a close relationship with his fellow fighters. Even in moments of peace, he never felt comfortable among them, finally he chooses to abandon their company completely to train by himself."

Or so I've been told. I had it translated. If anyone else wants to translate it, be my guess. I'm getting together the ultimate piece of Tenshinhan information, about his race, and the strongest earthling debate.

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rreth1.jpg
That excerpt isn't from the daizenshuu at all.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Then what is it from? And what does it say? From my knowledge, the French and Spanish versions of the daizenshuu have a totally different layout. Where I found it, it says it's from daizenshuu 7.

Here's a scan from the French daizenshuu that states he isn't human.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/ ... hot001.jpg

Oops, that was the wrong scan anyhow.
http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 025ur9.jpg

This one ^ says he was born with the ability.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:52 pm

kinoko wrote:
Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote: That he's a circus reject. And have you ever wondered what him and Tenshinhan do together? Well, that's why Chaozu is white...

Sorry, i couldn't resist. :lol:
Which would make Tenshinhan a child molester, since for some fucked up reason Chaozu never grew up.

Yowch. Adds a whole new dimension to the show now. Keep that guy the hell away from Gohan. :lol:
Yes..... um, let's please try to stay away from comments of this nature, as they are neither funny nor canon. Kthnx.
I find it both funny and canon my good sir.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Then what is it from? And what does it say? From my knowledge, the French and Spanish versions of the daizenshuu have a totally different layout. Where I found it, it says it's from daizenshuu 7.
Does it say what part of Daizenshuu 7? It doesn't really match anything in his bio, and I can't think of any other part that would talk about
Tenshinhan like that.
This one ^ says he was born with the ability.
Crap, it does say that, even in the Japanese. Sorry then.