A Map of the Dragon World

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

A Map of the Dragon World

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:20 am

That's right, a fucking map of the Dragon World! Just the basics for now, since I've been wanting something like this for a while and just never got it, I though I'd make it.

I took the locations from the ol' Dragon Map scan that pops up a lot on DB Fan Sites, and the main image is something I found from one of the many European Wikipedias.

I'm also thinking of putting events on the map like where Raditz lands, or Goku and Bulma's trail from The First Arc.

There's also a few things I added myself, like Rabbit Village isn't the official name of the Village but it's the best I could come up with. And "Giran Village" isn't a specified name either, but it was home to Giran and the Giran Clan, it wasn't exactly gonna be called Sunshine Vally.

I found the name "Tsumisumbri Mountains" as the setting for DBZ Movie 2, and since there was no other mountainous Snowy area, I put it where it would obviously be.

Twinbee and I, on the IRC Chat, both managed to figure out that Oob's island must be one of the small Islands, or possibly the big one, above the Southern Continent, from the three small islands that are visible in one of the last pages of Dragon Ball when Goku and Oob are flying away from the Tenkaichi Budoukai.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 am

That's pretty cool. I can't really tell how accurate it is, but it sounds like you've got it sorted. Good work.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

This is awesomely done! I see no glaring flaws at all. I would love to see different events located on the map.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:59 am

That's almost absolutely perfect, but I think (don't quote me on this) that the Cell Games ring was more in the centre of the big western portion, near the West and Central Cities
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:33 am

I didn't think the Cell Games would be there either, but that's what it says on the old scanned map, you could probably find it at the Dragon Ball Wikia. And I won't be able to do anything else to the map for a while since my computer screen is now broken and keeps turning off after just over 1 minute, I'm using my Wii for now.

EDIT: Turns out my brother's the Fonz, he fixed the screen by bashing it. Magic.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 pm

That map you're basing it on is the one from Daizenshuu 4, which was supervised by Toriyama. We've got a digital version of it up on Kanzentai over here. It does already have Raditz's arrival point.

Also, Oolong's village doesn't really have a name. "Aru village" is a way of saying "a certain village" in Japanese (likewise, "aru hi" means "a certain day/one day").
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Will you put scenes from the anime showing it in a topographical (I think that is the term) view?
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 am

This is the Dragon World as used in Dragon Ball Online. There's a chance that Toriyama had a hand in this, so if anyone can translate parts of it or just compare it to the originalthat'd be cool.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 am

Well, I can't read Korean, but everything looks like it's where it should be, it's just that everything's pretty scrunched up.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 am

Herms wrote:Also, Oolong's village doesn't really have a name. "Aru village" is a way of saying "a certain village" in Japanese (likewise, "aru hi" means "a certain day/one day").
Serves me right for getting my information at the Dragon Ball Wikia...

I knew I kept naming things stupidly...

I'll start moving things around later and use more of the Kanzentai Map guide, and since I'm watching the Red Ribbon Arc, I keep hearing and remembering names of certain locations, like to the east of Karin Tower there's Mt. Kanae or something, and North of Baba's palace is the town where Tao Pai Pai finds a tailor.

I'll definitely put places like where the Pirate Treasure is.
Saiyan-Professor wrote:Will you put scenes from the anime showing it in a topographical (I think that is the term) view?
That sounds pretty difficult, it's not like there are any birds eye views in the anime...

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:22 am

Isn't there a physical version of the map somewhere? With the actual buildings such as the Cell Games Arena, Kame House, the Capitol Tower, Muscle Tower, etc?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:23 am

B wrote:Isn't there a physical version of the map somewhere? With the actual buildings such as the Cell Games Arena, Kame House, the Capitol Tower, Muscle Tower, etc?
I'm pretty sure there's not, but there are many toys and figures for nearly all of the main settings and locations.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:23 am

Daizenshuu 4 has diagrams showing the structure of some of the buildings.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:26 am

Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:30 am

WTF, where is Pepper City!?!?!
JK

Those are some really neat maps. So only Daizenshuu 4 has this kind of map?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:34 am

7 has a smaller reprinting of the one from 4 as part of it's locations dictionary, but it doesn't have any of the locations marked on it, only the grid divisions. Which makes it kind of useless, but it's mostly there to reference the grid locations in the place entries.
Last edited by Herms on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:34 am

I see, I'm gonna look at that map now.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"