DB volume 2 Question.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj2Chrono

DB volume 2 Question.

Post by ssj2Chrono » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:36 pm

I recently bought(by accident) Viz's DB volume 2. Now, when it arrived at my house, I flipped through a couple pages. However, It's uncensored!
(It includes Bulma giving Pilaf the finger, faux-bulma and roshi's "Puff Puff" conversation).

Yet it has viz's white logo on the spine?! I thought only the ones with the black cat were uncensored! What happened?! :?:

disturbed001
Regular

Re: DB volume 2 Question.

Post by disturbed001 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:38 pm

ssj2Chrono wrote:I recently bought(by accident) Viz's DB volume 2. Now, when it arrived at my house, I flipped through a couple pages. However, It's uncensored!
(It includes Bulma giving Pilaf the finger, faux-bulma and roshi's "Puff Puff" conversation).

Yet it has viz's white logo on the spine?! I thought only the ones with the black cat were uncensored! What happened?! :?:
Could you look in the inside and see what printing it is?
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

ssj2Chrono

Post by ssj2Chrono » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:44 pm

disturbed001 wrote:
ssj2Chrono wrote:I recently bought(by accident) Viz's DB volume 2. Now, when it arrived at my house, I flipped through a couple pages. However, It's uncensored!

Could you look in the inside and see what printing it is?

It says "first printing: March 2003, seventh printing March 2008."

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm

ssj2Chrono wrote:(It includes Bulma giving Pilaf the finger, faux-bulma and roshi's "Puff Puff" conversation)
I don't think the conversation between Kame-sennin and Bulma-Oolong (Bulong?) was ever censored, it was the image as Bulong removes her/his top. In the original you can see Bulong's bare breasts, but Viz edited it in later editions so that the panel is sort of showing the moment before Bulong removes the top. What's it look like in yours?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

ssj2Chrono

Post by ssj2Chrono » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Herms wrote:
ssj2Chrono wrote:(It includes Bulma giving Pilaf the finger, faux-bulma and roshi's "Puff Puff" conversation)
I don't think the conversation between Kame-sennin and Bulma-Oolong (Bulong?) was ever censored, it was the image as Bulong removes her/his top. In the original you can see Bulong's bare breasts, but Viz edited it in later editions so that the panel is sort of showing the moment before Bulong removes the top. What's it look like in yours?
It shows the bare breasts, nipples an' all.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Once again folks the newest influx of prints (13 I believe) is uncensored.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Aha. Well, I officially can't make any sense of Viz's various releases and printings anymore. But good for you though.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Well I'll have to look at mine when I get home, but I wouldn't have thought the seventh printing would be incensored. It's a little inconsistent.

I have 2 copies or volume one of Dragonball, and they are both uncensored, but the editions are 1 and 10.

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I checked my Dragon Ball volume 2 and its seventh edition too. Looks like they decided later on to uncensor it, but I think it's stupid they didn't keep it for the VizBig.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:09 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Once again folks the newest influx of prints (13 I believe) is uncensored.
Uncensored image-wise. I believe panties is still undies.

And volume 9 remains censored, for some reason.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:27 pm

bkev wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:Once again folks the newest influx of prints (13 I believe) is uncensored.
Uncensored image-wise. I believe panties is still undies.

And volume 9 remains censored, for some reason.
Volume 9's first print was uncensored.