Kai Episode 2 (12 April 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks for all the people who supported my DBKai Episode 1 Review (over 6000 views).

My Dragon Ball Kai Episode 2 Review is now up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4fs_dmVDc

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:57 pm

My opinion has really changed on the score. I'm not digging it at all. Something about Kais music is rubbing me the wrong way.

And what the hell, they didn't fix Vegeta's green vomit armor and red hair? That's really annoying, why does it seem like Kai is taking a page out of Funi's inconsistency book?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Really, while I think the music is decent, it really reminds me too much of Nathan Johnson's score in Seasons One and Two...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:27 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:And what the hell, they didn't fix Vegeta's green vomit armor and red hair? That's really annoying, why does it seem like Kai is taking a page out of Funi's inconsistency book?
It doesn't seem that way, it's just that a lot of people seem to think that "...and we'll fix the incorrectly colored Vegeta in the early episodes!" was on the Kai promo materials when it wasn't.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 pm

obiwan23s wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:And what the hell, they didn't fix Vegeta's green vomit armor and red hair? That's really annoying, why does it seem like Kai is taking a page out of Funi's inconsistency book?
It doesn't seem that way, it's just that a lot of people seem to think that "...and we'll fix the incorrectly colored Vegeta in the early episodes!" was on the Kai promo materials when it wasn't.
Yeah because when you're recoloring and retracing everything fixing inconsistencies like that is just plain ridiculous. :roll:

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:Thanks for all the people who supported my DBKai Episode 1 Review (over 6000 views).

The coloring bothered you that much?
The blood thing I can see, but the Vegeta's armor? I guess I didn't notice.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Maybe we'll get lucky and that'll be Vegeta's permanent armor.

Because face it, watching the Vegeta fangirls RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE over the "fact" that "OMG MAH UKESEME IZ WRONGZORZ" is hilarious.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:Thanks for all the people who supported my DBKai Episode 1 Review (over 6000 views).

To be honest, it didn't bother me. But I included it in there for marketing/discussion purposes.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:Maybe we'll get lucky and that'll be Vegeta's permanent armor.

Because face it, watching the Vegeta fangirls RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE over the "fact" that "OMG MAH UKESEME IZ WRONGZORZ" is hilarious.
How dare they expect proper colors!?
(UkeSeme eh? :lol: )

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:55 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:

To be honest, it didn't bother me. But I included it in there for marketing/discussion purposes.
I see. His blood being permanently purple bothers me. The transition from red blood to purple physically shows Piccolo's change from a demon to one of "our gang." It's a bit of a loss for me, but I can pass it by.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote: The coloring bothered you that much?
I see. His blood being permanently purple bothers me. The transition from red blood to purple physically shows Piccolo's change from a demon to one of "our gang." It's a bit of a loss for me, but I can pass it by.
Huh? If that was what they were shooting for wouldn't the blood colour change be the other way around?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:14 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Huh? If that was what they were shooting for wouldn't the blood colour change be the other way around?
No? I thought that red blood symbolized the demon, while the purple symbolizes the Nameks. So from red to purple is my ideal, but Piccolo's blood is always purple in Kai (with one minor instance).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Finally got around to ripping the audio of episode 1 to .mp3 format. Now I just have to cut apart all of the BGM parts and start memorizing the tunes so I can soon do the same for episode 2. Oh, the excitement!! :D

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:33 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Finally got around to ripping the audio of episode 1 to .mp3 format. Now I just have to cut apart all of the BGM parts and start memorizing the tunes so I can soon do the same for episode 2. Oh, the excitement!! :D
Do we know if there will be some BGM collection of Kai in the future?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Finally got around to ripping the audio of episode 1 to .mp3 format. Now I just have to cut apart all of the BGM parts and start memorizing the tunes so I can soon do the same for episode 2. Oh, the excitement!! :D
Do we know if there will be some BGM collection of Kai in the future?
We don't know for sure.

Do modern anime tend to get their own BGM collections these days? If shows still do get BGM CD releases like they did in the old days, I'm sure Kai will be included, considering how much hype the new BGM score recieved.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Huh? If that was what they were shooting for wouldn't the blood colour change be the other way around?
No? I thought that red blood symbolized the demon, while the purple symbolizes the Nameks. So from red to purple is my ideal, but Piccolo's blood is always purple in Kai (with one minor instance).
So... humans are demonic?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:
So... humans are demonic?
I see your point, someone earlier did said that red blood symbolized demons. I think this one of those Toriyama deals where there is kind of a plot-hole. But maybe you should scratch what said because it sounds like I'm blowing smoke out my ass. :P

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't remember if we ever see Piccolo's blood in color in the manga, but Drum's blood was purple when Goku bashed his head in.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 pm

This episode kinda bored me because it was just a bunch of talking, but it's nice that by next week all that crap will be out of the way and things will really start to get interesting.

Also, I think that theme when Piccolo revealed himself to Goku and the gang might've been a sample of what may be the new Piccolo theme.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Kendamu wrote:Also, I think that theme when Piccolo revealed himself to Goku and the gang might've been a sample of what may be the new Piccolo theme.
That theme was great! The BGM as Goku and Piccolo leave was also good, it had an epic bass line. As general statement about Kai, I'd just like to say it's epic.

On a side note, I'm making a prediction on where episode three will stop.
Looking at the manga, I'm thinking we'll get through chapters 200 and 201. In the original anime it will end in the middle of episode five where Piccolo fires the Makankosappo for the first time. Any who, that's just my little theory.