DBZ3: Chibi Goku - Potential Dragon Universe Incomplete?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

DBZ3: Chibi Goku - Potential Dragon Universe Incomplete?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:41 am

http://members.aol.com/VegettoEX/chibi_goku_du.zip

34 small MP3s contained inside. 112 kbps, 24 kHz, mono. 1.96 MB. Voice work with Chibi Goku, DB Bulma, DBZ Bulma, Vegeta, Chi-Chi.

This is obviously something that was supposed to be in the game. It's too elaborate. The files BEFORE this sequence (in the massive sound archive, that is) appear to be Gohan's stuffage at the Cell Game (Piccolo whining about how Gohan's gonna be killed, Goku telling him to wait, etc.). The files AFTER this sequence are (Adult Z) Goku talking about heading off to fight Uub in the 28th Budokai. There may be other Chibi Goku files, but these 34 were all directly in a convenient row ^^;;.

Figured I'd throw it all up here for friend-leeching before it goes on the main page (which I guess I'll do after a nice night's sleep). Discuss!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:51 am

Very...very strange...and very intriguing :shock:

I'm dissapointed; it seemed like Dimps had really come up with something new and exciting, and it ends up on the cutting room floor. I checked around, and Kid Goku has custom intros/outros with several characters (Piccolo, Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Bardock, Broli) It gave me the impression they were going to have a fun little adventure thing going there...

Oh well, I can always play as...er...Yamcha...and marvel at how little I effect the out come of the story what-so-ever.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:55 am

Random... was just playing around with more files, and found what appears to have supposed to have been a Chibi Trunks story mode. GRAAAAR. I'm gonna just sit one day, soon, and catalogue all the files, and who was supposed to have what.

Now that I'm done being random, let's get this back to just Chibi Goku.

I agree... it sounds like it was going to be extremely inventive and neat. They actually came up with a *reason* for Chibi Goku to be in the game! With all the other characters! That somewhat made sense! They're such awwwwwesome fans, and it sounds like stuff that would have made the game more enjoyable was a reason of TIME, rather than effort. I'd have waited another month to get a complete game, thank you very much...
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:04 am

So, you think they didn't finish this game so they could get it out for the holidays? The files don't seem to come to a conclusion, like its only half the story, maybe more was recorded but never put on the game.
Don't get me wrong though the game is great but now knowing what could have been is really anoying me :cry:

I know when you fight Kid Goku VS Goku he say's "Whoa thats me" or somthing like that, I know they have interacting dialogue though.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:31 am

Aw man... It seems they originaly planned on DU having a lot more to it... but they scrapped a lot since they were in such a hurry to get big bucks off another DBZ game... How much longer would it have taken to finish things? I doupt it would've taken very long. I'd have rather waited another month or two for more things like that.

In Gohan and broly's DU, Gohan says something about future Trunks warning them about a super saiyan(Broly), yet there's nothing else anywhere that relates to that(that's one example of things that seemed incomplete). It's starting to look like there was going to be more DU's and they were going to be more "connective".

From those sounds, what was apparently planned for Kid Goku's DU would have really been fun... but of all the DU's they scrap it had to be that(I'd take that one over one like Yamcha's any day).

I wonder if it was going to have something to do with Bulma being playable? Too bad she didn't make it, she would've been an interesting character to play as. They should've went with making her instead of Ii shenron(I prefere Z content over GT content, especially when it's a Z game lol).

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:39 am

This drives me nuts...

Or does it?

(Crosses fingers for Gamecube.)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:25 pm

Chibi Goku interacting with Vegeta was hilarious. What a creative story, such a shame they didn't use it :(
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:32 pm

same here Chibi gokou looks great T__T
and no DU makes me so sad....

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm

I'm not too surprised by this, usually a lot of stuff ends up on the cutting room floor in games, the Legacy of Kain games, particularly Soul Reaver are a strong example of this.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:52 pm

Wait, the Japanese version isnt out yet? Anyone know the actuall release date? I "plan" on getting a dvd-burner and a mod chip for christmas. So mabey if I find an ISO of the japanese version, I could help out.

The Chibi Goku DU wouldve been loong as hell, if they had used the actual DB story. Just think about how many characters you would be fighting. Not to mention all the alternate DB era costumes they would have to make. They would also have to add characters, Roshi/Chun, Nam, ect.Mabey thats why they left it unfinished. It wouldve been too much more to add

As for the Chibi Trunks one it wouldve been as short as the Yamucha one, if not shorter. You train with Vejiita, you fight Goten, you train for Gotenks, you fight Buu, boom your done. Not much there.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:01 am

Sadly, the time when a game is "finished" is rarely determined by the people programming it. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts (whatever the hell THAT means..) that DIMPS was working to add some of this to the game, but the release date imposed by Atari for the NA release means they had to scrap it. It'll prolly surface on the Japanese version, but we'll have to wait another year for the GC version to get this stuff. It's highly disappointing when companies attempt to rush a game out a door, especially when a highly anticipated release like DBZ3 wouldn't have taken any hit in sales by releasing in 2005, and with the crowded holiday schedule, it could've actually helped the game sell more to delay for a better product :/
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:10 am

Off-topic:

Chuquita: Angelfire does not allow outside linking of images. Thusly, your avatar doesn't work. I removed it. Look for a different place to host images. I'm sure others are willing to help ya' out.

Sun_Wukong: Your avatar was 100x100. Max allowed is 80x80. I removed it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:04 am

VegettoEX wrote:Off-topic:

Chuquita: Angelfire does not allow outside linking of images. Thusly, your avatar doesn't work. I removed it. Look for a different place to host images. I'm sure others are willing to help ya' out.
I understand. I just put a copy of that one avatar image onto my geocities page. Will that work :?:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:17 am

SDHero wrote:but we'll have to wait another year for the GC version to get this stuff.
Seeing as how I had to anyway... :lol:

ChibiKenji
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ChibiKenji » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:44 am

Downloading the files as I type this.

From what's been written here, this sounds like it could have been interesting, and very cool.

If this does end up in the GCN release, I'll be likely to get it, even though I will already have the PS2 version.

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

IMPORTANT point, proving these files must have usages

Post by Nekoni » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:05 am

Hey, yeah- it occured to me while reading about the chibi Goku audio files (why it didn't occour to me a couple of weeks before is a mystery) that-

Budokai 3 is dubbed.

That means, all audio files that HAVE been dubbed, must therefore have a purpose. -Be it a secret character, or whatever, unless an audio file was MEANT to be accesible, it wouldn't be dubbed..

see my point?

Now, I'm pretty sure that Atari wouldn't pay Chibi Goku's voiceactor 200 or so dollars a line to just pop in some extra audio for people who have the software to sift through PS2 files, so that means the purpose must be game-wise =)

I rest my case! =D (unless someone starts arguing with me, then it'll rise up as a ZOMBIE!)[/b]
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Bah, you just noticed my avatar was too big? I've had that thing for a while and nobody's said anything >.<

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:18 pm

It reminds me that when i listen to Tenshinhan's voice files in Budokai 3 (unlocked by getting the 7 Fragon Balls in the Dragon Universe) he says stuff that isn't in his DU scenario. I think they took out a lot of stuff to start selling the game before Christmas. Japanese people may get a complete version because they had a lot more things than we did in their version of Budokai 2.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:25 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Bah, you just noticed my avatar was too big? I've had that thing for a while and nobody's said anything >.<
I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe you should just resize it?

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:22 pm

There's also a ton of text with no voice over. This does lead me to believe they rushed it out over here for Christmas. Damn you Atari! *shakes fist angrily*