Kai Episode 2 (12 April 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 am

Well, might as well copy-paste this from the other thread... [size=0]I just didn't want to have a post that consisted of "Chubby-chasers?".[/size]

I thought Episode 2 moved rather slow compared to the first episode. But that's probably because I have a minimal understanding of Japanese and this episode was mostly exposition; I'm sure for those with a grasp of Japanese it flew by like a streaker at a football game.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:48 am

If there will be topic for each episode odf 100, god save us all)))))
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

freakofwar

Post by freakofwar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 am

I've really been enjoying Kai so far. Episode one it took a while to sink in with the changes. Episode 2 however had me gripped with that snazzy new bgm. It's great! To be able to watch it as it comes out as well. I'm wondering if they may make a new series after Kai? As if maybe it is just a introduction to something new. Hence why they cut out all that filler (and yes i know some of the original manga) just so we get to see the story much more clearly! Looking forward to the next episode!!! :P

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 am

Maybe it's just me, but that last piece of BGM before the episode ended reminded me of Budokai music (in a good way).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:19 am

Hey everyone, here's an audio clip of the scene where everyone on Kame-sennin's island first sees Piccolo and gasps out his name:

http://www.4shared.com/file/100014055/7 ... p_002.html

Is it just me, or does it sound like they distinctly say "Piccolo" as apposed to the traditional Romanization of the name, which is "Pikkoro". It's just that every other time I've heard Piccolo's name in the Japanese, the R sound is very clear, and this time it seems to have been substituted for the more western L sound. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just this scene, but did anyone else notice this?
Kid Trunks wrote:Maybe it's just me, but that last piece of BGM before the episode ended reminded me of Budokai music (in a good way).
Yeah, I felt the same way. It was used in episode one when Radditz and Piccolo met, and in episode two when Goku and Piccolo got ready to fight Raditz, so this might turn out to be Piccolo's theme for Kai. I hope so!!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:04 am

For anyone that's interested, we have our page up on Kanzentai for the second episode of DragonBall Kai. Sorry for the tardiness this week, but a certain person in Japan, who will go unnamed, was a tad busy this week and spaced it off... Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 002, "The Enemy is Goku's Older Brother!? The Secret of the Saiya-jin, Strongest of Warriors"

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here's lookin' forward to the third episode full of action; now with less staring!

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:06 am

So interesting! Thank you! I'm really enjoying these guides and comparisons. :3

Of those who are reprising their previous roles so far, I have to say after hearing your clips side by side that Kuririn is the one who's voice has changed the most (soon followed by Raditz). In Kai he's a couple levels deeper which is why I keep hearing Luffy's voice coming out of Kuririn's mouth when compared with Z where it's noticeably higher pitched. :shock:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

We need a Kai Episode 3 thread soon.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I guess there is a DBK issue of V-Jump coming out soon. I can't tell what it'll be about, but it was mentioned right after the Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return!! manga adaptation p.2 issue of V-Jump (and in the same style), so hopefully it'll be a manga adaptation of Kai.

表紙はコレッ!! これまた絶好調アニメ「ドラゴンボール改」の描き下ろし表紙だ!!!

Vジャンプ発売までもうすぐなんで、楽しみに待っててねー!!
link

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:51 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:so hopefully it'll be a manga adaptation of Kai.
That ....would be ridiculous. Since Kai is aimed to be more consistent with the original manga, what would be the point to get it adapted into a new manga? It's like adapting the manga......into a manga!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:00 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I guess there is a DBK issue of V-Jump coming out soon. I can't tell what it'll be about, but it was mentioned right after the Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return!! manga adaptation p.2 issue of V-Jump (and in the same style), so hopefully it'll be a manga adaptation of Kai.
That's the next issue of V-Jump that will contain part 2 of the Jump Special manga adaptation and is set to be released this Tuesday, April 21st.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Hujio wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:I guess there is a DBK issue of V-Jump coming out soon. I can't tell what it'll be about, but it was mentioned right after the Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return!! manga adaptation p.2 issue of V-Jump (and in the same style), so hopefully it'll be a manga adaptation of Kai.
That's the next issue of V-Jump that will contain part 2 of the Jump Special manga adaptation and is set to be released this Tuesday, April 21st.
Hmm, wonder what it'll have about Kai then. By the way, on your site it says that the issue of V-Jump containing part two if the manga adaptation comes out on April 18th...

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:27 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Hmm, wonder what it'll have about Kai then. By the way, on your site it says that the issue of V-Jump containing part two if the manga adaptation comes out on April 18th...
Who knows. I'm hoping it'll be some behind the scenes stuff about the remastering process, but I can only dream. I just realized that myself, so I need to change that. Thanks for the reminder.