Japanese DBZ3 Extras

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Japanese DBZ3 Extras

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:23 pm

The Magic Box has announced a Japanese release date of 10 February 2005 for DBZ3, along with the fact that it will contain additional characters from DBZ movies and DBGT.

Intelligent conversation and educated theories ONLY, please.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:28 pm

If the last game had people from Neko Majin, what about Dr. Slump? They did appear for a short time. Arale Kick?
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:57 pm

Frobman wrote:If the last game had people from Neko Majin, what about Dr. Slump? They did appear for a short time. Arale Kick?
Except, you know... she isn't any any Dragon Ball Z movie, nor in Dragon Ball Gt. Most likely, they'll put in Bulma, who was close to completion in the American release, Janemba( 2nd form, even though I don't like him...), and Super 17.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:02 pm

It all depends on what the reactions were in Japan to the "what if" characters in Budokai 2. If Gokule and Tiencha were popular there, then they may make a comeback.

EDIT: I just realized what i said, sorry... I know they don't come from either DBZ or DBGT.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:28 pm

Do you think some of the Japanese extras are imbedded deep within the fabric of the American disc? What Iam saying is that, if you have a code breaker type of program and find these weird things in the American release that were not complete, are those just some of the early stages of the Japanese extras?

...And just so my post isn't all off topic, I think Freeza's son will make another apperance just because they already have the skins\graphics\voice for him from Budokai 2.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:17 pm

I was half expecting this would happen, but it's still amazing when you actually hear it. My prediction?

Bulma: We're all but positive that she was intended to be a playable character all along, since she already seems pretty much "done", I'm sure she'll make the cut this time.

Super #17: Once again, it seemed that this character (transformation/fusion/whatever) was meant to be in all along, since you can actually hear SSJ4 Goku talking to him. I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to throw him in.

Dodoria/Zarbon/Android 19: A distinct possibility, since it appeared that Dimps planned on including them before. The character models, attacks, and sounds have already been done since Budokai 1.

And Possibly....!

Janenba: It's a slim possibility, but a possibility nontheless. Even though Janeba is never shown in the game, their is a refference to movie 12 near the end of Goku's DU, where the fusion scene is re-enacted.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:54 pm

I am so getting this when it comes out. Ill be happy to lend any info, shots, whatever, when it comes out. It seems like its going to be a much more "completed" game than the american version.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:34 am

My thories...

DBGT

-Pan
-Teen Uub
-Super 17 (fusion)
-Redjick (I can dream ^_^)
-Extra Evil Shenlongs
-Baby (playable with a Super Buu's absorbtion-esque attack) and/or
-Baby's possession
-GT costumes for existing characters

DBZ Movies

-Garlick Jr.
-Tulles
-Slug
-Android 13
-Bojack
-Janenba
-Tapion

Other Extras (?)

-Neko Majin Characters
-Original DB fan favorites (i.e. T'ao Pai Pai...)
-More "Dragon Universe" stories
-Return of Budokai 2 Fusions
-More "What-If" Fusions
-More stages
Last edited by SonGokuGT on Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:58 am

sweet

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Can U.S ps2's play japanese versions of the games?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:33 pm

A North American PS2 won't play Japanese games, and vice versa. You would either need to "mod" your PS2, or get some kind of device that would do the same. I don't know much about it personally, having never done so myself.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:38 pm

Here is where i bought my device, it's a French shop but it delivers worldwide:

http://www.fl-games.com/fr/objet.php3?S ... 2&lang=Eng
The résistance dies but never gives up.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 am

Actually, I was thinkin' do you think that all these extra's could be on the cube version? (yeah, I know it's gonna be ages, but still, well if they do I might actually get it.... even though I haven't bothered to get B1 for GC [and I'm not planning on cubes B2 anyway.....])

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 am

Almost definatly yes; any/all bonuses that appear in DBZ3 will also appear in the GC version, like the last two games. The only exception was a couple of alternate costumes and an extra stage in Budokai 2.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:09 am

I really hope Dimps doesnt finish the game for the JAP version or I will be extremely pissed at Atari. And yet at the same time I want them to so I can Import it.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:13 pm

I'd have to wait until it came out on Playstation 2 BEST before I get it. Importing ain't cheap, ya know.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:48 pm

The S wrote:I'd have to wait until it came out on Playstation 2 BEST before I get it. Importing ain't cheap, ya know.
I hate those damn "The Best" covers... I'm still going insane trying to get my hands on an original Budokai from Japan...

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:25 pm

DBZB1 had extras? What were they?

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:27 pm

The graphics were cel shaded for DBZ1, where before they had been normally textured. To be honest I don't think it was a big deal, but the texture graphics looked like you were fighting with action figures. They also gave Mr. Satan a new ultimate attack, where his explosive gameboy falls out from his pocket, explodes and drives him into his opponent, making it look like he had actually attacked. :lol:

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:00 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:The graphics were cel shaded for DBZ1, where before they had been normally textured. To be honest I don't think it was a big deal, but the texture graphics looked like you were fighting with action figures. They also gave Mr. Satan a new ultimate attack, where his explosive gameboy falls out from his pocket, explodes and drives him into his opponent, making it look like he had actually attacked. :lol:
Darn, that ultimate wasn't on the Gamecube one. :(

Pictures?! Movies?! :lol: