FUNimation Dragon Box Z #1 (In-Hands) Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:27 am

Just to answer some questions asked a while ago, I was able to rip a backup of my Dragon Box using DVDFab6. Just so you people know.
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

Ultimate DBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate DBZ » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 am

I wonder if they'll include any extras on the discs in the second Dragon Box that FUNimation realeses, or what they'll put in the second Dragon Book. I'm hoping to see to see some disc extras like the Bardock special in the near future.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:13 am

Ultimate DBZ wrote:I wonder if they'll include any extras on the discs in the second Dragon Box that FUNimation realeses...
Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 am

Hujio wrote:
Ultimate DBZ wrote:I wonder if they'll include any extras on the discs in the second Dragon Box that FUNimation realeses...
I hope they do give us some extras down the road preferably the Japanese extras.

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 am

Hujio wrote:
And would you have ever thought FUNimation would release the Dragon Boxes? I think anything can happen at this point.

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:24 am

The only video extras I care about are the TV specials.

Has anyone asked Funimation if they got the DBOX masters for the TV specials on their Twitter or something?

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:27 am

disturbed001 wrote:
Hujio wrote:
And would you have ever thought FUNimation would release the Dragon Boxes? I think anything can happen at this point.
I just hope they don't release these sets with no extras what so ever and down the road they choose to re-release the dboxes with extras.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 am

Hujio wrote:
But the Bardock Special aired in between episodes 63 and 64, which will likely be on the next boxset. Wouldn't it make the most sense for it to come with that boxset?
­

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 am

disturbed001 wrote:
Hujio wrote:
I guess I wasn't clear enough... I'm saying there won't be any extras on the second Dragon Box, not that there'll never be any extras on any of them. And just doing the math, I highly doubt that any of the possible extras will be one, or both, of the TV specials. There just isn't enough space on the last disc for that to happen. So like I said... Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
Last edited by Hujio on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:
disturbed001 wrote:
Hujio wrote: Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
I just hope they don't release these sets with no extras what so ever and down the road they choose to re-release the dboxes with extras.
Personally, I think the DBox movies, the Jump Special, and Kai are what FUNi's considering down the road.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 am

Kendamu wrote:
piccolo-san785 wrote:
disturbed001 wrote: And would you have ever thought FUNimation would release the Dragon Boxes? I think anything can happen at this point.
Personally, I think the DBox movies, the Jump Special, and Kai are what FUNi's considering down the road.
I just meant the dbox extras

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
piccolo-san785 wrote: I just hope they don't release these sets with no extras what so ever and down the road they choose to re-release the dboxes with extras.
The majority of the extras aren't that great anyways. The only ones worth caring about are the two TV specials, and the Playdia footage. Oh, and the Dragon Book, which they're giving us. The only other stuff was commercials, clips of other dubs, and creditless versions of some of the openings and endings. There's likely rights issues with most of the commercials and foreign dub clips, and the openings and endings without credits aren't a big deal.
­

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
piccolo-san785 wrote: I just hope they don't release these sets with no extras what so ever and down the road they choose to re-release the dboxes with extras.
Well, you said, "Re-release the DBox with extras," so I thought you meant that you hope FUNi doesn't release the DBox with extras after these come out.

What I said was that it isn't likely. Their goals probably have more to do with DBox the Movies (the Z movies, at least), the Jump Special, and Kai instead of a DBox re-release.
(they/she)

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 am

If FUNimation's claim "We didn't change a damn thing" than we'll see the 2 TV specials in the DBOXs. But they could be in the last box or with the movies.

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 am

Hujio wrote:
disturbed001 wrote:
Hujio wrote: Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
I guess I wasn't clear enough... I'm saying there won't be any extras on the second Dragon Box, not that there'll never be any extras on any of them. And just doing the math, I highly doubt that any of the possible extras will be one, or both, of the TV specials. There just isn't enough space on the last disc for that to happen. So like I said... Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
Oh I gotcha. I would be pretty neat if they just release an "Extras" Dragonbox, but whatever. I'm just already excited for the next set haha.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:If FUNimation's claim "We didn't change a damn thing" than we'll see the 2 TV specials in the DBOXs. But they could be in the last box or with the movies.
Looking at the packaging they were holding up for us at Otakon while that line was being stated the context seemed to be that they didn't mess with the video quality. They threw it on a DVD for us and called it a day.

It was in response to how they tampered with the video in the Orange Bricks.
(they/she)

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:04 am

Hujio wrote:There just isn't enough space on the last disc for that to happen. So like I said... Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
What if they were to put 40 episodes on the next set and use the remaining space for the Burdock special on the last disc? The same could be done on the fourth set for the Trunks special.

The only problem I can find with this is that one of the other sets would have to have 43 episodes.

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am

Brad Redfield wrote:
Hujio wrote:There just isn't enough space on the last disc for that to happen. So like I said... Not. Going. To. Happen. 8)
What if they were to put 40 episodes on the next set and use the remaining space for the Burdock special on the last disc? The same could be done on the fourth set for the Trunks special.

The only problem I can find with this is that one of the other sets would have to have 43 episodes.
It's a 291 episode series, it wouldn't split up perfectly anyways. Having two sets that have 40 episodes plus a special, four sets with 42 episodes, and one set with 43 episodes is about as close to even as they can get.
­

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 am

I don't see them releasing the specials on the dragon boxes. They sell the specials separately. I could see them releasing a "dragon box" release of the specials, but I don't expect them to have them on the dbox set...but it would be pretty cool. Even give it its own dvd case and make it part of the image in the box (like the dragon book) ;D

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:14 am

Still processing, the wait is killing me. And the funny thing is the Ship Date was supposed to be on the 13th.
Shipment Number: ---------
Ship Date: Nov 13 2009
Shipment Method: UPS 2nd Day Air
Or it shipped and it could arrive at my door when I wake up(that'd be awesome... no it wouldn't because I'd have to work><!!!)