In which episode does the insert song "Over the Star" play?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

In which episode does the insert song "Over the Star" play?

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 pm

The song is beautiful and I'd like to watch the scene (scenes?) it was used in. I know it plays at the end of the Saiyan saga, but I don't know which episode # that is.

Thanks.

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Re: In which episode does the insert song "Over the Star" play?

Post by UristtheGreat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 pm

It appears in episode 17.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah, it's the episode I like to consider as the end of "season 1" (though I don't think any anime has ever been officially cut into "seasons" like regular TV shows).

If you want more detail, read this paragraph, but if you don't want to spoil the discovery, skip it. It's during the scene when they recover the dead bodies of this first arc's victims. It was a nice surprise as the song made the scene really poignant I think, especially when the singing starts right when you see a sad Bulma petrified, with the light in her back and the wind in her hair. I saw that scene for the first time in the Anime Comics and I thought that shot of a teary Bulma really added to the overall sad feeling of the scene, even when musicless. So when I heard it with that emotional song in Kai, it was all the more intense.

Though I prefer the manga, there are definately scenes with much more attention/emotion in the anime (that moment, Krilin's empalement by Freezer, Gohan turning Super Saiyan 2 with the absent look in his teary eyes like something has broken inside - which is actually the case...)

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Yeah, it's the episode I like to consider as the end of "season 1" (though I don't think any anime has ever been officially cut into "seasons" like regular TV shows).
They aren't seasons!! You can thank FUNimation for that concept, I suppose. Why can't people just say arc? It was the end of the first arc, or the Saiyan arc.

Anyway, there is a whole section about insert songs on Kanzentai. You know, if you ever want to easily look these things up.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Hujio wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:Yeah, it's the episode I like to consider as the end of "season 1" (though I don't think any anime has ever been officially cut into "seasons" like regular TV shows).
They aren't seasons!! You can thank FUNimation for that concept, I suppose. Why can't people just say arc? It was the end of the first arc, or the Saiyan arc.
Eh, Season and Arc, it's all the same difference to me, all technicalities aside.

However, it'd be a lot easier to differentiate if the show changed theme songs every once and awhile >.<
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Big Momma wrote:Eh, Season and Arc, it's all the same difference to me, all technicalities aside.
How are "season" and "story arc" the same thing? But I guess you have a point... if we remove all the technical aspects, like the truth, then yes, they're the same thing. Like peanut butter is without any technicalities, the same thing as jelly. You might as well just have a peanut butter sandwich and leave out the jelly, 'cause they're the same thing. :P

Anyway, a "season" designates a period of time that a show has been on the air, or in production. A "story arc" designates a set number of episodes with one common theme prevalent to the overall story. A season can end during a story arc and sometimes the two do line-up and end at the same time, but they're definitely not the same thing. For example, the Saiyan arc was 35 episodes, but the typical designation for a season is 26 episodes. So in a way, you could say that the Saiyan arc runs partway into the second season, if there were such a thing as seasons in Japan.
Big Momma wrote:However, it'd be a lot easier to differentiate if the show changed theme songs every once and awhile >.<
Well, they change title cards every time they enter a new arc. Isn't that essentially doing the same thing?
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::