Vegetto + Gogeta = Gogetto?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

slimmshady

Vegetto + Gogeta = Gogetto?

Post by slimmshady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post and I was thinking, we always here Gogeta vs Vegetto and who is the more powerful fusion however imagine what it would be like if Gogeta fused with Vegetto. This fusion would obviously require both future Goku and Vegeta. I wonder what the fusion would look like and without a doubt, it would be the strongest character from the dragonball universe. Imagine the possiblities of his powers. What do you guys think?

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Vegetto + Gogeta = Gogetto?

Post by Savage68 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:25 pm

If they fuse using the Potara, they'd look like Gogeta, basically. Dunno what they'd look like with the fusion dance.

Vegetto + Gogeta = Vegeta.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm of the opinion that rules don't apply to Vegetto, and that he is the strongest thing that could possibly exist, just because. So I don't think somehow fusing with Gogeta would make him stronger. I don't the appearance would be much different for either of them.

slimmshady

Post by slimmshady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:30 pm

I think that the only way for these to fuse is with the fusion dance as vegetto already wears earrings as a result of the completed fusion between goku and vegeta, therefore it would be more logical for them to fuse using the dance. But that is only my opinion and I would like to hear from others. But of course the fusion must increase the power of the outcome fusion from the combined power of vegetto and gogeta as remember, even though they are the fusion forms of two people, they are in actual fact totally new beings, but just the combined charactertics of both goku and vegeta.
Last edited by slimmshady on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:I'm of the opinion that rules don't apply to Vegetto, and that he is the strongest thing that could possibly exist, just because. So I don't think somehow fusing with Gogeta would make him stronger. I don't the appearance would be much different for either of them.
How did I not see this before. It's...you.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Gogetto would be too powerful to even exist. At least not at full power. Just blinking or flexing a muscle would be enough to shatter the Earth.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm

slimmshady wrote:Hey guys, this is my first post and I was thinking, we always here Gogeta vs Vegetto and who is the more powerful fusion however imagine what it would be like if Gogeta fused with Vegetto. This fusion would obviously require both future Goku and Vegeta. I wonder what the fusion would look like and without a doubt, it would be the strongest character from the dragonball universe.
I don't know...if you're going to allow for Gogeta and Vegetto to somehow coexist (with time travel?), and for them to somehow fuse, couldn't you just repeat the process forever, getting an even more absurdly powerful and absurdly named character each time, until merely pronouncing their name would cause the universe to explode?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Of course not. As I said, Vegetto would simply get weaker if he fused with anyone else, even if it was basically himself, because he breaks down boundaries like that. If Vegetto sees a boundary, he eats a boundary, and washes it down with a cup of hot steaming rules.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 pm

The manga tells us that you can't use the potara twice--or rather, that a being created using the potara can't then potara with someone else (so in the rare instances where a potara fusion is separated, the two people can use them again). There shouldn't be any reason that a potara fusion couldn't do the fusion dance with someone, however. But can a being created via fusion dance then do the fusion dance with someone else? Going off of what Herms said, couldn't a group of people who know the fusion dance keep fusing and fusing to create some being with 50 people in it?

In other words, it would only work if fusion dance fusions can then do the fusion dance with someone else.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 am

However, if you have two Gokus and two Vegetas in the first place, you'd get a stronger final result by having them fuse into two Vegettos and the dance into... uh... Vegetto. Why bother turning one pair into a Gogeta?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 am

Amigo Ten wrote:Of course not. As I said, Vegetto would simply get weaker if he fused with anyone else, even if it was basically himself, because he breaks down boundaries like that. If Vegetto sees a boundary, he eats a boundary, and washes it down with a cup of hot steaming rules.
So are you saying that if Vegetto trained like he did in DBM his power would go no where?

But anyway I've always had the idea of the two fusions becoming one...as far planet exploding arm flexing goes I think that base/SSj Vegetto and SSj/SSj4 Gogeta are more than capable of doing just that but you know how DB logic goes, if is not aimed at it wont be destroyed unless the blast is deflected or the object is just straight up in the way.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

I remember all of the Gogetto pictures making their rounds around the net in the 90s. I always imagined Goku and Vegeta putting on the Potara, and as they were being pulled together, they'd be doing the Fusion Dance, so the point of contact with the Potara would be the exact time their fingers touched for the dance, triggering both fusion techniques at once.

But the idea of time travel works too for the Gogetto possibility. I never thought of that one. o_o;
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:I always imagined Goku and Vegeta putting on the Potara, and as they were being pulled together, they'd be doing the Fusion Dance, so the point of contact with the Potara would be the exact time their fingers touched for the dance, triggering both fusion techniques at once.
OMFG Get out of my head :lol:
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:49 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:So are you saying that if Vegetto trained like he did in DBM his power would go no where?
It went down so much that Broly was able to fight him, so...yes?

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am

But then again, in DBM, Broly seems to be more major (probably because the writer is just another Broly fanboy). Goku even went as far as saying "How could they let such a monster compete".
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:I always imagined Goku and Vegeta putting on the Potara, and as they were being pulled together, they'd be doing the Fusion Dance, so the point of contact with the Potara would be the exact time their fingers touched for the dance, triggering both fusion techniques at once.
When I was younger I made up my own idea for Gogetta, and that was the exact same explanation for his creation that I came up with. Instead of Time Travel though, I also imagined Goku and Vegeta both using the multiform and having each copy perform a different fusion.
Bussani wrote:The manga tells us that you can't use the potara twice--or rather, that a being created using the potara can't then potara with someone else (so in the rare instances where a potara fusion is separated, the two people can use them again). There shouldn't be any reason that a potara fusion couldn't do the fusion dance with someone, however. But can a being created via fusion dance then do the fusion dance with someone else? Going off of what Herms said, couldn't a group of people who know the fusion dance keep fusing and fusing to create some being with 50 people in it?

In other words, it would only work if fusion dance fusions can then do the fusion dance with someone else.
Seeing as Vegetto is stronger than Gogeta (Potara>Dance) wouldn't their power levels not be close enough for the dance to work? Then again, Trunks was simply able to lower his power to that of Goten's when they fused, so Vegetto would be able to lower his as well....

This thread is giving me a brain aneurysm.