"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:22 pm

batistabus wrote:That has just sold me this game.
Same here.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Cannot wait. This seems to be intergrated into the game, but I hope they edit it into a full special for a second disc DVD.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:25 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Cannot wait. This seems to be intergrated into the game, but I hope they edit it into a full special for a second disc DVD.
That seem quite impossible.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Cannot wait. This seems to be intergrated into the game, but I hope they edit it into a full special for a second disc DVD.
That seem kinda impossible.
I have an edition of Burst Limit that had a second DVD disc space for Season 1 of the Orange Bricks.

I also have an edition of Tenkaichi 3 that came with a DVD for DBZ "greatest fights".

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Yes! I would not be surprised if Raichi counts as one of the 6 characters, though. Something tells me that they may have really meant "never playable in a previous game" when that was said.

@ Goku100xKamehameha Plenty of games have came with animated features, whether on game (Mega Man Maverick Hunter X included a 20 minute prequel) or as a bonus disc (like batistabus pointed out).

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Thanos wrote:I wonder what the significance is of the Goku faces.
If I had to guess, I'd say that's referential material for new animation. Character sheets, and the like.
Indeed it is. The caption to that image is the part that talks about modern animation techniques being used.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 pm

I mentioned a few pages back that Raging Blast would've probably sold better had there been an OVA to go with it and voila, this happens. I don't own a PS3 or XBox360, but I'd pick the game up if it came with a DVD of the full special edited together.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:41 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I mentioned a few pages back that Raging Blast would've probably sold better had there been an OVA to go with it and voila, this happens.
In that case, use your magic voodoo powers and mention how great a Mario Party style Cross Epoch game would be. I want one dagnabbit. :)

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Taku128 wrote:
Herms wrote:RB2 will contain the rumored "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" remake, which they're calling "Plant to Eradicate the Super Saiyans". Here's a partial translation of the scan. Here's a (very) quick translation. Some stuff in the scan I can't make out, which is what those ??? marks are about. I only translated the parts of the scan relevant to the OVA remake.
Fucking great. Looks like I won't be playing the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake, as there's no way I'm paying for the piece of shit that is Raging Blast 2 just for thirty minutes of animation. I hope someone uploads the footage to YouTube the day the game comes out.
Piece of shit?! RB 2 had some other new stuff like the graphics, characters and now new Playdia remake. I think the story mode will have a lot of interesting fights and I think there will be another new stuff when the information is available. So saying this is just a "piece of shit" is kinda pretty asinine.
The gameplay sucks, and the best graphics in the world and every character to ever appear in the DB franchise won't change that. It's the same game you've bought four times already. If it were another Burst Limit I'd atleast have some excitement because Budokai 3 and Infinite World were fun, but I'll never be interested in a game based on Sparking's gameplay.
­

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:53 pm

The graphics are improved and so is the gameplay from what we've seen. The camera's also looking much, much better than the previous game so it has that going for it too.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:13 pm

I think the graphics have gotten worse. Raging Blast 1 at least attempted to emulate the show's style, Raging Blast 2 is using normal shading that looks completely horrible when mixed with Dragon Ball's art style. As for gameplay, Raging Blast 1 somehow managed to take a step backwards from Tenkaichi 3, which itself wasn't much different from Tenkaichi 2, and even those two games played horribly. I'd rather spend my money on games that the developers put actual effort and care into, like Dead Rising 2.
­

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Y'know, if this goes over well we may see more video game original characters return in future RB games. Heck, maybe we'll get Ozotto in the sequel. There are quite a few characters they could use. I can certainly think of one guy who'd be very pleased if a certain Tenshinhan/Yamcha fusion were to make a comeback.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I'd really like to be able to see the new animation on the living room TV.
But I really don't have any interest in RB2 itself.
:?
I'm weighing my options.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'd really like to be able to see the new animation on the living room TV.
But I really don't have any interest in RB2 itself.
:?
I'm weighing my options.
I'm sure someone will upload the new animation to youtube. Hell, I'm considering renting the game to do so myself.
­

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:06 pm

One word sums up my opinion on this game: SOLD!
This makes up for the lack of cutscenes! (New animation beats in-gamecut scenes anyday ayway. :P )

EDIT: Wait. A. Minute. If Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans is in the game does this confirm Colla and Lord Slug as well? I asume Hatchyack will be in the game (Hopefully with his giant form and super form) and will be the 2nd never-before-played character after DR. Raichi. One last thing, if I may make a guess, I think the other four characters are Tarble, Abo, Cado and Avacado.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:29 pm

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I was planning on skipping this one seeing as there's going to be a third one (and I'm already spending pretty much all of my money on something more important).

Maybe I should just wait. Chances are ridiculously high that someone will post the entire thing on youtube within a week of release. Most of those will be terrible AMVs, though...

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm not sure that Raichi will be playable. Does he even fight? I mean, Babidi wasn't a fighter either, but I doubt they'd go down that road again.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:54 pm

batistabus wrote:I'm not sure that Raichi will be playable. Does he even fight? I mean, Babidi wasn't a fighter either, but I doubt they'd go down that road again.
I'm not doubt it, it's very possible.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Man, I'm glad NZ is getting it in September. (Or was it October?) I'll be able to rent it ASAP since it'll be the school holidays! :D

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:07 pm

What is the release date for this game?
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.