So Goku's BP was only 23.000??

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

So Goku's BP was only 23.000??

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:57 am

When Goku arrived on Namek and beat up the Ginyu's it was pretty obvious that he was well above them, his BP actually was at 90.000(but only in bursts).
But then Ginyu steps onto the scene and takes Goku's body from him because it was so much stronger than Ginyu's.
At first it looks like Ginyu has all of Goku's strenght, when he comments about his new speed, but when he decides to show everyone how strong he is his BP only goes as high as 23.000. Goku claims it's because he can't control his body, but even so shouldn't it have been at 90.000 at least?
I hope someone can come up with a good answer because I myself am confused :?

hleV
Banned

Re: So Goku's BP was only 23.000??

Post by hleV » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:59 am

dbgtFO wrote:Goku claims it's because he can't control his body, but even so shouldn't it have been at 90.000 at least?
Toriyama decided that not.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:11 pm

It's not just a matter of how much power Goku has, but what type of control he has over it. The way Goku has learned to control his power might not be the same way Ginyu does (in fact, it certainly isn't). When Ginyu tries to do things "his way," it's not going to work that well.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Kaboom wrote:It's not just a matter of how much power Goku has, but what type of control he has over it. The way Goku has learned to control his power might not be the same way Ginyu does (in fact, it certainly isn't). When Ginyu tries to do things "his way," it's not going to work that well.
Oh I see that would mean that Ginyu's type of ki manipulation is different than what Earthlings are taught, which makes sense because there has to be some differences between how species do stuff.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:56 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Kaboom wrote:It's not just a matter of how much power Goku has, but what type of control he has over it. The way Goku has learned to control his power might not be the same way Ginyu does (in fact, it certainly isn't). When Ginyu tries to do things "his way," it's not going to work that well.
Oh I see that would mean that Ginyu's type of ki manipulation is different than what Earthlings are taught, which makes sense because there has to be some differences between how species do stuff.
Not only that, but Goku has an extreme amount of control over his ki because it was necessary to perform the Kaiouken. Ginyu didn't seem to realize that. Aside from his other problems of not having mastered Goku's body, Ginyu would've never been able to fully realize the power of Goku's body because of Goku's ki training from Kaiou.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Ginyu's ki manipulation skills are based solely on the body and not the spirit or the combination of spirit and body. In that sense, it's more like what Vegeta and Nappa did on Earth. So the 23,000 is just the power Goku emits when you ignore the effects his spirit has on his strength.

The 90,000 came from the fact that Goku's base, which is stated to be above 60,000, becomes 180,000 when multiplied by either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 (meaning one of the Kaiokens other than x10). The only figure that meets both criterions is 90,000 at kaioken x2.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:29 am

Dayspring wrote:Ginyu's ki manipulation skills are based solely on the body and not the spirit or the combination of spirit and body. In that sense, it's more like what Vegeta and Nappa did on Earth. So the 23,000 is just the power Goku emits when you ignore the effects his spirit has on his strength.

The 90,000 came from the fact that Goku's base, which is stated to be above 60,000, becomes 180,000 when multiplied by either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 (meaning one of the Kaiokens other than x10). The only figure that meets both criterions is 90,000 at kaioken x2.
Ah I get it now thanks :D

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Ginyu can manipulate his battle power too. So he be only at 23,000 in Goku's body doesn't necessarily have to do with that.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Ginyu attempted to power up his level when he hit 23000. Which means he was even weaker then that upon initially taking the body. So I don't understand how people can theorize that Ginyu's changed bodies before now. His statement of "And I've been waiting for this!" combined with his lack of experience and becoming weaker after he did it, it reminds me that Ginyu probably has never used this trump card before. So how he even knew he could do so is just up to your own imagination. Call it 'magic'.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Jeehse (or whatever his name is) knew about Ginyu's technique. And then the guides also say Ginyu already used it before, to the point his body isn't his original body.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:Jeehse (or whatever his name is) knew about Ginyu's technique. And then the guides also say Ginyu already used it before, to the point his body isn't his original body.
Jeice knowing about it isn't proof that he did it before. Ginyu knows he can do it too. By your logic before Ginyu did it the first time, even he didn't know about it? And about how "the guides say this" etc.. it's time let go, lol. I mean I know the site is called "DaizEx" and all, but honestly the guides are full of contradictions to these manga of ours.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 pm

FindKenshi wrote:By your logic before Ginyu did it the first time, even he didn't know about it?
I found hard to believe he knew something before ever try it.
FindKenshi wrote:And about how "the guides say this" etc.. it's time let go, lol. I mean I know the site is called "DaizEx" and all, but honestly the guides are full of contradictions to these manga of ours.
LOL!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

FindKenshi wrote:Ginyu attempted to power up his level when he hit 23000. Which means he was even weaker then that upon initially taking the body. So I don't understand how people can theorize that Ginyu's changed bodies before now. His statement of "And I've been waiting for this!" combined with his lack of experience and becoming weaker after he did it, it reminds me that Ginyu probably has never used this trump card before. So how he even knew he could do so is just up to your own imagination. Call it 'magic'.
Or he's just never stolen the body of someone like Goku, whose strength comes greatly from spiritual training. I don't even know if his power went up when he took the "powering up" pose--for all we know it could have been steadily falling the whole time he was flying to Freeza's ship.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Going from all of that, I wonder if Goku could make Ginyu's body more powerful than Ginyu could.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Bussani wrote:
FindKenshi wrote:Ginyu attempted to power up his level when he hit 23000. Which means he was even weaker then that upon initially taking the body. So I don't understand how people can theorize that Ginyu's changed bodies before now. His statement of "And I've been waiting for this!" combined with his lack of experience and becoming weaker after he did it, it reminds me that Ginyu probably has never used this trump card before. So how he even knew he could do so is just up to your own imagination. Call it 'magic'.
Or he's just never stolen the body of someone like Goku, whose strength comes greatly from spiritual training. I don't even know if his power went up when he took the "powering up" pose--for all we know it could have been steadily falling the whole time he was flying to Freeza's ship.
If Ginyu's body powers up by gathering energy, I think it would work a bit if he used it in Goku's body, too. Jeice had no problems keeping up with Ginyu-in-Goku, so I think it's safe to say he started off pretty friggin' weak (meaning at most as much as Jeice's BP was). Plus Goku was shown to be dropping down to 5,000 whenever not actually using his strength, so I think Ginyu got that as his starting point.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Bussani wrote:
Could be just that Ginyu never faced anyone afterwards who posed a threat to him, and thus never got a chance to know the full weaknesses of using someone else's body. But I believe Ginyu was in his original body the first time we see him anyway, since it's easier to think that way and nothing contradicts it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:...nothing contradicts it.
But then you have an OFFICIAL guide that claims that body isn't his original body and people don't accept cause?

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
But then you have an OFFICIAL guide that claims that body isn't his original body and people don't accept cause?
I could understand why a few wouldn't accept it. I mean, there are a handful of other inconsistencies within the guides and then whenever we see Ginyu's spirit in the anime, it's the purple body we all know and love.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
I don't take everything that the Daizenshuu says as gospel. It's like with the battle powers. Some people label them as fact, yet Toriyama only approved of the Daizenshuu; i.e., probably skim-read it and gave them the OK. Normally, we do take a lot of what the Daizenshuu says as the best source of evidence for what isn't explained in the manga, and mostly it's not contradicted, but then we have things that are debatable yet label them as true in their guidebooks (like the Gohan-SSj2-Dabra thing). Plus, there's things that you could say may mean that Ginyu in fact isn't in someone else's body. For example, he states that he's able to control his battle power like Goku's (up to 120,000, in fact). There is case for argument that he's not in his original body, but I'm not going to say "Yep, he was definitely in someone else's body", just because a guidebook says so. Weekly Jump says the God of Earth's power is 220, but it doesn't mean it's true, when there's a lot that says it's not.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:... but I'm not going to say "Yep, he was definitely in someone else's body", just because a guidebook says so.
Why not?! The guides are suppose to give supplementary information. Basically expand on concepts only hinted on the actual story. I don't understand why people choose to believe Ginyu's body is his original body because there is that possibility when an official guide claim it isn't, when there is that possibility too.