Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Toyble DBAF Aug 7, 2010] pg 172-174

Post by Herms » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 pm

You should have Desire buy you a scanner.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:57 am

Necrosaber wrote:Yea I have all of 'em including DBZero. Not too many extras. A nifty image of Goku with Shenlong's shadow behind him. Volumes 2 and 3 have a recap page of the previous volume. Stuff like that.

I don't own a scanner, but I'm going to see if the library has one for me to access tomorrow. Hopefully, you guys will have some new pages soon.
What about that extra featuring Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.? I would like to see that in better quality.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:27 am

None of the books I have seem to have it. I'm actually not even sure it was ever release in book form unless it came with one of his old rough draft volumes. (Volume 3 was actually circling around the net for months, but according to the info, only had about 35 pages...wonder if it was in there)

I'd love to know if he did release the special like that. It was really bittersweet, and it seemed like a fitting end.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Necrosaber wrote:None of the books I have seem to have it. I'm actually not even sure it was ever release in book form unless it came with one of his old rough draft volumes. (Volume 3 was actually circling around the net for months, but according to the info, only had about 35 pages...wonder if it was in there)

I'd love to know if he did release the special like that. It was really bittersweet, and it seemed like a fitting end.
Exactly! And yeah, I do think it was released in one of those rough drafts. We (community) could use better scans!

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:24 pm

DNA wrote:
Necrosaber wrote:None of the books I have seem to have it. I'm actually not even sure it was ever release in book form unless it came with one of his old rough draft volumes. (Volume 3 was actually circling around the net for months, but according to the info, only had about 35 pages...wonder if it was in there)

Exactly! And yeah, I do think it was released in one of those rough drafts. We (community) could use better scans!
I'll definitely research and see if I can get a hold of it. I'd love to have it myself.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Necrosaber wrote:I'll definitely research and see if I can get a hold of it. I'd love to have it myself.
I personally thank you very much, and I think most of the community would as well.

Do you have the scanned and translated DB Zero? It was shared around here not too long ago.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Awhile ago I was attempting to scan and translate 'em all with Desire, but someone beat me to the punch with quality ones.

http://dragonballbenelux.blogspot.com/2 ... tions.html

EDIT: Just a side thought. Man, this Toyble guy really impresses me. I have to catch myself sometimes and say to myself "ok, this is NOT canon...NOT canon" because a lot of his ideas and theories make you go "OH, that's makes sense!".

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Necrosaber wrote:Awhile ago I was attempting to scan and translate 'em all with Desire, but someone beat me to the punch with quality ones.

http://dragonballbenelux.blogspot.com/2 ... tions.html
Yes, I know, that's the one I was referring to. That's the same team that made the shitty extra chapter scanlation, surprisingly enough, they went a long way from their first scanlation to the second.
Necrosaber wrote:EDIT: Just a side thought. Man, this Toyble guy really impresses me. I have to catch myself sometimes and say to myself "ok, this is NOT canon...NOT canon" because a lot of his ideas and theories make you go "OH, that's makes sense!".
Ahah, yeah I know, I kinda accept it has a alternate universe, kinda like GT is anime canon not made by the original creator.

Edit: It seems the Extra final chapter of AF was available in an early release version of Dragon Ball AF#2. At least that's the information they have in that same website.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, it seems the library in my area doesn't have scanners for us to use, but I called one of my friends up, and he said I could use his scanner.

I don't think his is very good, but I want to get *something* up for the translation alone. The plot thickens. :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Yuck, his scanner was worse than I thought, but I did scan 'em for you guys. On the 28th I'm moving and I'm going to have access to a pretty good scanner. If better images haven't surfaced by then, I'll be happy to get you guys some better quality ones.

http://img842.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=51393714.png

I forgot to add page 58 to that album, so here it is.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Holy Golly, thanks for the scans even if they're LQ.

Ideyo, Herms-sama!! Grant us our wish of for translations!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:38 pm

What the hell is Broly doing in there? It is DBM all over again but in GT mode. :lol:

And is he/they really planning in not explaining how the characters can now turn Super Saiyan(4) when 5 years ago (is it 5 years?) they are weak as shit?

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:51 pm

I want to assume that because they don't have the dragonballs or Goku anymore, Gohan felt it important to train. I'm sure (well I hope) it's going to be explained, whether it be in the book or a side story (like with Tapion).

As for Broly? I'm not sure. We saw him in the SSJ5 preview. Maybe they wished him back and cured him of his insanity. Maybe they feel they need the extra help with Xicor or something.

Hopefully the translation will mention it. From the pictures, Trunks and Goten look alarmed.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Wow, thanks a bunch Necrosaber! I went through those pages pretty quick, so I'll probably revise this later.

Edit: Rats, missed a page. Fixed now.
Edit edit: OK, translations fully revised now.

Page 49
Pan: Huh? So that’s what happened?
Elder Kaioshin’s voice: Yep…pretty much. Goku has become one with Shenlong, and gone to the Ryu’oshin Realm.
Trunks: [r] Th…then [l] Let’s just summon Goku-san!
EK voice: It won’t be that simple…The Ryu’oshin Realm is a special world…It's sealed off, so people cannot easily come and go between it and the outside world.
Pan: But…
Videl: [r] Well then [l] Isn’t there any way for us to summon him?
EK: [r] The dragonballs are the only way to call forth those in the Ryu’oshin Realm. [l] What’s become of the ones on Earth?
Goten: Who’s talking?
Videl: Shish!
Gohan: I’m pretty sure that they’re at Dende’s place, still in stone form.

Page 50
EK’s voice: I figured…The dragonballs may have been purged of their minus energy, but they still haven’t gathered enough energy to be used again. It will most likely be a thousand years before those dragonballs will be usable once more.
People in plane: A tho-thousand years!
Pan: We can’t wait that long!
Vegeta: [r] Hmph…That’s why I said we don’t need the likes of Kakarot. [l] Besides, I don’t think he’d be able to beat Xicor even if he were revived.
Gohan: Th…that’s true…There’s no point in reviving father if he can’t defeat Xicor…
EK’s voice: Xicor is Goku’s son, so his misunderstanding is what started this whole battle. This is really a problem that should be resolved through dialogue, not fighting. For that purpose at least, I’ve searched for Goku.
Goten: Hey, if I don’t get back to school pretty soon…

Page 51
EK: [r] However, since Goku has merged with Shenlong…[l] Perhaps we can solve this through fighting as well.
Gohan: What do you mean?!
EK: [r] “When dragons and humans merge, they can obtain power many tens of times greater than before”…[l] That's the legend that has been handed down in the Ryu’oshin Realm…
Vegeta: What?!
Goten: Hey, Pan-chan, is it OK if I go back…?
Pan: Uncle Goten, be quiet!!!
Goten: Huu------uh?!!!

Page 52
Trunks: I’ll explain it all later…
Pan: But the dragonballs are what’s important. We can’t do anything if they’re just stones.
EK’s voice: Actually, there is a method by which we could immediately revive the dragonballs.
Someone in plane: W-what method?!!!
EK narration: [r] If each of the seven balls are simultaneously infused with powerful light power [l] Then the dragonballs will regain their light.
Trunks: Light power? What’s that?
EK: It’s powerful light energy only capable of being produced by a select few races, rarely seen in the universe.
Gohan: [r] A uniquely gifted race…[l] Where are they then, this race of light?...
EK: [r] Fufufuh [l] That would be you! The Saiyans!

Page 53
Everyone: Eh?! The Saiyans!!?
Trunks: [r] Oh [l] Do you mean Super Saiyans!?
EK: [r] That’s right, when 7 Super Saiyans simultaneously infuse the 7 dragonballs with light [l] The dragonballs will be revived!
Pan: What?
Gohan: Is-is that true?!
Trunks: So all we have to do is infuse the dragonballs with power!
Gohan: Alright! There’s some hope now…!!

Page 54
Trunks [r] Arh, it’s hopeless! [l] There’s only 6 Saiyans on Earth now!!!
Gohan: Huuh!?
Gohan’s voice (over each picture): Trunks-kun. Goten. Vegeta-san. Pan. Bra-chan.
Gohan: [t] Me. There really are only 6…
Vegeta: And Bra and Pan aren’t even Super Saiyans, so it’s even more pointless.

Page 55
Bra: Don’t underestimate us!
Pan: smirk
Bra: smirk
Pan: Haa!!!
Bra: Haaah!!!

Page 56
Vegeta: [r] Y…you two…[l] When did you…?!
Bra: Hehe—n!
Pan: We’ve been practicing together!
Trunks: [r] "Pra…practicing”…[l] Haha…
Bulma: [r] … [l] Even so, it still doesn’t change the fact that we’re 1 person short…
Gohan: Ka…Kaioshin-sama…What should we do?...

Page 57
EK: [r] Mm…Rats [l] Sorry, but I don’t know…
Vegeta: Hmph, don’t worry, I’ll just defeat him by myself.
Narrator box: ~Several days later~

Page 58
Guard guy: Nothing to report, sir!
Satan: OK
Satan: Alright then! Don’t let even a single bug into this sector!!!
Narrator box: Kame House
Kuririn: Geez…I wonder if we’ll get killed by this “Xicor” guy too?…

Page 59
18: [r] His goal is to rule the universe, right? [l] So we’re probably doomed.
Kuririn: [r] Yeah…[l] Damn it, isn’t there anything we can do?...
Kame-sennin: [t] I’m still surprised about this “Xicor” Goku’s a pretty smooth operator to be sowing wild oats despite that scary wife of his!
Kuririn: Muten Roshi-sama, I don’t really think it’s like that…
Sea Turtle: By the way, Kuririn-san, how many times will this be that you’ve died?
Kuririn: [r] Hm? [l] Let’s see…
Kuririn: 5 times, I guess…

Page 60
Narrator box: The Ryu’oshin Realm
Yi Xing Long: …So that’s what’s happened
Goku: [r] S…so what should I do then? [l] Is there anything I can do?
YXL: You can do nothing. We residents of the Ryu’oshin Realm cannot go to the lower world of our own volition.
Su Xing Long (?): That includes you too, Goku.
San Xing Long (?): Since you’ve fused with us, you can’t go to Earth until you are summoned as a Shenlong right along with the rest of us 7 dragons.

Page 61
Goku: Bu…but
Ryuu Xing Long: [r] You should have known that. [l] That's why you needed to be fully prepared when you made that decision.
SF: FLASH
Wu Xing Long: That’s…!
San/Su Xing Long: That definitely came from the direction of Polunga’s palace…!

Page 62
Yi Xing Long: So Polunga has headed out to the lower world, huh?
Paikuhan: What’s that mean?
YXL: Most likely the people of Earth are behind this.
Narrator box: [t] New Planet Namek In order to give their wishes to Polunga, Trunks and Goten visited New Planet Namek…
Narrator box: Their first wish was to heal the damage to Earth
Narrator box: And with their second wish they revived those who had been killed.
Polunga: An easy wish…

Page 63
NB: The Kaioshin Realm
Kaioshn: Oh?
Elder Kaioshin: [r] Hm? [l] Did Polunga…?
Goten: What should we do with the next wish, Trunks-kun?
Trunks: Well…um, could you bring Son Goku-san here, please?
Polunga: [r] That I cannot do [l] Reviving Son Goku greatly exceeds my own power.

Page 64
Goten: …Figured it wouldn’t work…So to revive dad, we’ll need 7 Super Saiyans after all…
Trunks: [r] “Super Saiyan”…[l] Hey, wasn’t there another one long ago?...
Goten: [t] Huh? Trunks-kun, you don’t mean?!
Trunks: Yeah, Broli
Goten: [r] You wanna revive Broli!? [l] No way! He was our enemy!!!
Trunks: [r] But there’s no other way. [l] Don’t worry: the way we are now, we’ll get him to listen to us, by force if necessary!
Goten: [r] I give up!!! [l] I won’t be responsible for this!

Page 65
Trunks: Um…would we still be able to revive someone...even if they died many years ago…?
Muri: [r] That’d be fine [l] The new Polunga has no death time limit.
Trunks: [r] Really?! [l] Then I’d like to bring Broli back to life! He was killed a long time ago on Earth…!!!
Goten: What will you do if he turns violent?
Trunks: I told you, it’ll be fine
Polunga: An easy wish
EK: [r] B-Broli? [l] Wh-who’s that?

Page 66
Polunga: [r] Your wish has now been granted [l] Farewell
Goten: Eh?
Trunks: He said it was granted…but where’s Broli?!!
Muri: He died on Earth, so he should have come back to life there too…
Goten: !!! On…on Earth!?
Trunks: Da-dammit!!!

Page 67
Trunks: This is terrible! If we don’t get back soon--!!!
Goten: Broli will wreck the Earth before Xicor does!!!
Kaioshin: [r] Trunks-san, Goten-san! [l] Get back to Earth!!!
Trunks: Huh?
Goten: Y-yes sir!
Narrator box: Earth

Page 68
Broli: What’s happened?...
Broli: [t] Surely I… was killed…
Writing on bottom: 3 Lyra’s Miscalculation (complete)
Last edited by Herms on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh, and the plot thickens!!

Now that Kaiôshin is alive cannot he just teleport Trunks and Goten back home? :p

I wonder if we'll get a small fight with Broli or if he'll be rationed with?

Saiyans having 'light' must be a call back to the fight with Yakon!!

Kuririn...oh, you poor man!!

'Grandpa Goten!' :p A Whoopsies on Herms' part, I see...

Boy, I hope Toyble can toss up his uploads soon so we can have desirecampbell release the finished copies. This is heating up!!

I wonder if Toyble's gotten any far into volume #4?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Translation is (somewhat) cleaned up. Turns out I missed page 53. I thought it was weird how Trunks just suddenly blurted out that they needed more Super Saiyans.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Herms wrote:Translation is (somewhat) cleaned up. Turns out I missed page 53. I thought it was weird how Trunks just suddenly blurted out that they needed more Super Saiyans.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense too. I was beginning to wonder why they couldn't have a Saiyan do two Balls at once.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Whoa Herms, I didn't think you would get to any of it today, let alone the whole thing! You have my utmost thanks. :D

Shit is gettin' real. I just hope we don't have an entire book dedicated to a Broli fight. He shouldn't have a chance against any of 'em.

I hope Toyble one day releases a compiled book with all 3 chapters and the extras. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:30 am

Couldn't they have just brought Future Trunks to their timeline? :P

I mean, surely Trunks and Goten had heard of him by this stage....

Whether or not this wish could be granted, who knows?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:34 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Couldn't they have just brought Future Trunks to their timeline? :P

I mean, surely Trunks and Goten had heard of him by this stage....

Whether or not this wish could be granted, who knows?
Oh yeah... that would work...

Oh well, at least this is a good explanation as to why Broly is still alive. He really is grabbing all the AF nonsense and making sense of it. And he is using stuff that already happened in the manga as backup.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 am

"Muri: [r] That’s alright [l] The new Polunga has no death time limit."

Did Shenlong or Porunga ever had a death time limit?

IDK, for some reason I can't sympathize with this story. I'm pretty sure it is because GT-oriented. At least we know how Bra and Pan got Super Saiyan. What about Gohan?