Kai Episode 78 (24th October 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 78 (24th October 2010)

Post by Khalid Shahin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:55 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 78. Aired 24th October 2010.

セル怒涛の悔しがり!クリリン、18号を破壊せよ
Seru Dotou no Kuyashigari! Kuririn, Juuhachi-Gou o Hakai-se yo
Cell's Surging Resentment! Krillin, Destroy No. 18

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Kai Episode 78 (24th October 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Well, there was a lot of screaming from Wakamoto today. Some good...some...not so good.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:54 am

I just watched the Episode, I watched in Lousy Quality both sound and video, but I liked what I could watch, The animation looked good even in low quality and the score, though I couldn't aprecciate it, was good in the last moments, Mmmm though the last creppy "Sound" where No.18 looks at the device left me intrigued.... what that a new soundtrack or just a sound effect?

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 am

AoiKageNoChikara wrote: Was that a new soundtrack or just a sound effect?
I think it was a new sound effect.

Well now it's official, Kai is 40% less than Z. Way to rip the only heart in the show. :x

Japanese voices are awful when you hear those "dying cat"-noises double. Ouch.
And a lot was cleaned up in this episode, it looked pretty nice.

My my, Android 18 sure has big eyes. :mrgreen:

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:47 am

Cell is Perfect next episode. Kai amazes me.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 pm

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:I just watched the Episode, I watched in Lousy Quality both sound and video, but I liked what I could watch, The animation looked good even in low quality and the score, though I couldn't aprecciate it, was good in the last moments, Mmmm though the last creppy "Sound" where No.18 looks at the device left me intrigued.... what that a new soundtrack or just a sound effect?
That's what I was doing up until now and I realised all along that it was ruining the experience for me but since my laptop couldn't play 720p and 1080p I really had no other choice. I could wait until the 300MB size video with a decent quality would be uploaded but patience isn't my strongest virtue when it comes to Dragonball. Since I got a new laptop I can go ahead and download the 3GB raw file. I enjoy Kai a lot more this way.
One thing I never realized before is how many anime related commercials they air prior, during and after the show. This time they included a short Burst Limit, Tenkaichi Tag Team and Heroes trailer.

T Pac
Not-So-Newbie

Post by T Pac » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 am

Really awesome ep. Where was this at the beginning of Kai? Contrasting these episodes to the earlier ones kinda makes me think there might be a bit of credence in the claims that Kai was a bit rushed.

I believe the same sound effect was used earlier when Vegeta noticed Gohan's tail, followed by an annoying Zelda64-esque sound which I'm thankful they cut out this time. Kikuchi used a similar effect, I believe.