The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kirby456
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kirby456 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:29 pm

I believe dai Kaioshin was by far the strongest on a whole nother level nor do i believe he tied to lift the sword. Besides who says the Z sword was based on potential not strength?.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 pm

So, i have a question: it's stated in the ova that Hatchiyack is stronger than Broly, right?

So how strong is Hatchi compared to the Buu Saga characters? Stronger than MajinVegeta SSj2?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:40 pm

MajinVegetaSSj6 wrote:So, i have a question: it's stated in the ova that Hatchiyack is stronger than Broly, right?

So how strong is Hatchi compared to the Buu Saga characters? Stronger than MajinVegeta SSj2?
Goku said that Hatchiyack might be stronger than Broli. Goku only met Broli in DBZ movie #8, I doubt Hatchiyack stronger than Broli from DBZ movie #10, where Broli is said to have become stronger than the last time.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Mmm...

So for you it's like this:

Broly (movie 10) > Hatchiyack > Broly (movie 8 ) ?

And what about Bojack?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:01 pm

MajinVegetaSSj6 wrote:So for you it's like this:

Broly (movie 10) > Hatchiyack > Broly (movie 8 ) ?
Yes, I believe so. Goku said that Hatchiyack might be stronger than Broli, which means that Hatchiyack isn't worlds above DBZ movie #8, and DBZ movie #10 Broli is said to be stronger than in DBZ movie #8. I don't know by how much, but I believe that's more than enough to be above Hatchiyack.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 am

broly is god wrote:I bet Bulma could beat Yamcha.
No, Santa Claus does not exist.
Great Saiyaman I wrote:EDIT: Hooray for moderators!

Anyway, while I think Mr. Satan could have a chance since several Red Ribbon folks nearly beat Goku when he was even more powerful, after the 21st Budokai Mr. Satan would lose to any of the protagonists, except maybe Yamucha.
Yamucha in the beginning of the series had three brief rounds with Goku. He looked better in the first, then looked about tied in the second and looked the worst in the third. He was certainly considerably better than Kuririn was before he took on his training.

Going by Manga feats, Mr Satan got little against even this Yamucha.

I got two kind of bouts i am curious myself:

End of series Yamucha vs Bodukai Videl
22nd Bodukai Yamucha vs 23rd Bokudai Chi Chi.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 am

Olympian wrote:End of series Yamucha vs Bodukai Videl
No offence but are you serious?

Even Yamucha from his first appearance would one-shot Videl like Gohan did the Cell Juniors. Yamucha in his prime at the End of Z is just ridiculous overkill.
Olympian wrote:22nd Bodukai Yamucha vs 23rd Bokudai Chi Chi.
Going by Chichi's official number she stomps horribly. I don't really see anybody but Buff Roshi being anywhere near that high until the Piccolo Daimao arc.

Ignoring the official number, Yamucha stomps horribly. Chichi has no real feats that imply she's anything special compared to characters like Yamucha (Post-Muten Roshi's Training.)
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Kirby456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kirby456 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:
Olympian wrote:End of series Yamucha vs Bodukai Videl
No offence but are you serious?

Even Yamucha from his first appearance would one-shot Videl like Gohan did the Cell Juniors. Yamucha in his prime at the End of Z is just ridiculous overkill.
Olympian wrote:22nd Bodukai Yamucha vs 23rd Bokudai Chi Chi.
Going by Chichi's official number she stomps horribly. I don't really see anybody but Buff Roshi being anywhere near that high until the Piccolo Daimao arc.

Ignoring the official number, Yamucha stomps horribly. Chichi has no real feats that imply she's anything special compared to characters like Yamucha (Post-Muten Roshi's Training.)
Wow Videl is FAR more overrated then Broly...... Any verson of Yamcha would one shot Videl like Catoutta said comparing Videl to any verson of Yamcha is like comparing Oolong to Master Roshi Buff no offence man.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:58 pm

I think it's more a case of not giving Yamcha enough credit, rather than giving Videl too much. Videl could beat Yamcha at his first appearance as a desert bandit if you ask me, but after that... nah. Once Yamcha starts training with Muten Roshi, he's beyond the "normal human" range that Videl still borders.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Kaboom wrote:I think it's more a case of not giving Yamcha enough credit, rather than giving Videl too much. Videl could beat Yamcha at his first appearance as a desert bandit if you ask me, but after that... nah. Once Yamcha starts training with Muten Roshi, he's beyond the "normal human" range that Videl still borders.
I thought Yamcha was past "normal human" borders at his first appearance. In both his fights with Goku, he held his own pretty well. This is against a guy who can survive bullets with no injuries. I think Yamcha was stronger than Kuririn, who also survived bullets with no injuries, because he could hold his own against Goku, while Kuririn was forced to say "uncle". And I doubt that Videl could take bullets like that, since she's just an average martial artist and Gohan stepped in to protect her from the robber's gun, and nothing suggests that Gohan wasn't right for being scared about Videl getting shot.

Videl could perhaps hold her own against Yamcha at her first appearance, but she'd probably be quickly defeated once Yamcha pulled out his Rogafufuken.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Kirby456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kirby456 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I think it's more a case of not giving Yamcha enough credit, rather than giving Videl too much. Videl could beat Yamcha at his first appearance as a desert bandit if you ask me, but after that... nah. Once Yamcha starts training with Muten Roshi, he's beyond the "normal human" range that Videl still borders.
I thought Yamcha was past "normal human" borders at his first appearance. In both his fights with Goku, he held his own pretty well. This is against a guy who can survive bullets with no injuries. I think Yamcha was stronger than Kuririn, who also survived bullets with no injuries, because he could hold his own against Goku, while Kuririn was forced to say "uncle". And I doubt that Videl could take bullets like that, since she's just an average martial artist and Gohan stepped in to protect her from the robber's gun, and nothing suggests that Gohan wasn't right for being scared about Videl getting shot.

Videl could perhaps hold her own against Yamcha at her first appearance, but she'd probably be quickly defeated once Yamcha pulled out his Rogafufuken.
Yeah maybe Videl could once Yamcha pulls out his Wolf Fang fist its all over... I doubt shed be able to hold her own Imo even against Pilaf Saga Goku at half his power.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Videl going from "maybe being able to beat Mr. Satan" to superhuman within a month of very basic training seems completely farfetched to me. I think she'd be able to stomp her father after her training with Son Gohan and Goten, but she's still within the realms of a normal human.

As previously mentioned, Yamcha held his own against Goku (Ya know. The same kid who destroyed and lifted a car. The same kid that took a bullet to the head and got the "ouchies") in his first appearance. That on it's own makes him far beyond what a human is capable of. Theirs also this:

Yamcha kicks Goku through four stone pillars. Thats an incredible amount of force. Yamcha > Every regular human on Earth is fact after that. It's just a matter of whether you think Videl is above what a regular person can do. I, personally, can't see her doing well against Yamcha, at any stage in the series.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Bojack vs Dabura

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Dabra curbstomps both Base and Transformed Bojack.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

So does that mean Perfect Cell would do the same? Also, why is Bojack so powerful? Is he just another random (well sealed up) alien (palette swapped human) that happens to be stronger than Frieza who was supposed to be the strongest alien? Also wasn't it teen gohan that versed bojack? so ssj teen gohan>ssj adult gohan, while ssj adult gohan gave a fight to dabura and ssj teen gohan stood no chance against bojack.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:16 pm

First of all, Teen Gohan is Boo arc Gohan and Adult Gohan is GT and End of Z Gohan.

Chibi/Cell Games Gohan - 9 years old, 10 years physically
Teen/Boo arc Gohan - 16 years old, 17 years old physically
Adult/End of Z Gohan - 26 years old, 27 years old physically

Bojack is some random alien who was such a problem that the Kaios ganged up on him a long time ago and sealed him up.

So by the time Freeza came along he was probably forgotten about and just considered a goofy legend like Daimao was.

Teen Gohan > Chibi Gohan isn't set in stone at all, and the Daizenshuu flat-out states this isn't so.

Not that it matters. Bojack needed his henchmen to jump in just so he could stand a chance against SSjin Gohan and got one-shotted by SSjin 2 Gohan.

Dabra on the other hand had an edge on SSjin 2 Gohan and was stated to be above Post-Self Destruction Cell.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:24 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:First of all, Teen Gohan is Boo arc Gohan and Adult Gohan is GT and End of Z Gohan.

Chibi/Cell Games Gohan - 9 years old, 10 years physically
Teen/Boo arc Gohan - 16 years old, 17 years old physically
Adult/End of Z Gohan - 26 years old, 27 years old physically

Bojack is some random alien who was such a problem that the Kaios ganged up on him a long time ago and sealed him up.

So by the time Freeza came along he was probably forgotten about and just considered a goofy legend like Daimao was.

Teen Gohan > Chibi Gohan isn't set in stone at all, and the Daizenshuu flat-out states this isn't so.

Not that it matters. Bojack needed his henchmen to jump in just so he could stand a chance against SSjin Gohan and got one-shotted by SSjin 2 Gohan.

Dabra on the other hand had an edge on SSjin 2 Gohan and was stated to be above Post-Self Destruction Cell.
Teen Gohan would be<compared to chibi gohan according to those definitions then. Teen gohan got weaker because he never trained. But yeah I guess that's true because Perfect Cell took a beating from SS2 Gohan and still was intact while Bojack got pwned quickly, and Dabra is only a bit under Perfect Cell theoretically from Goku's statement, although I think he is a lot lower since he got beaten up by Teen gohan in normal ssj gohan while Cell completely overpowered the stronger trained version in the same form.

edit: you got your facts wrong dabura was stated to be around the level of the cell Goku fought, Goku was dead when Cell returned in his stronger form. And I thought the consensus was that Gohan was in SS1 not 2, but I may be wrong.

Vegeta did state Gohan was much weaker than when he fought Cell however, so already Super Perfect Cell is way stronger than Dabura, since he pretty much one shotted Gohan at his strongest in SSJ2 with a casual finger beam.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:edit: you got your facts wrong dabura was stated to be around the level of the cell Goku fought,
He wasn't.
Goku was dead when Cell returned in his stronger form.
Which doesn't mean Goku is incapable of sensing his ki.
And I thought the consensus was that Gohan was in SS1 not 2, but I may be wrong.
It generally is.
Daizenshuu 7 says Gohan was Super Saiyan 2, which contradicts the first and second editions of Daizenshuu 2, which said he only used Super Saiyan 2 at the tournament. Furthermore they don't give any reason for Gohan having the Super Saiyan aura instead of the Super Saiyan 2 aura, if he really is Super Saiyan 2, making the claim less believable.

Sure it could be fact, but when the manga(and by extension the freaking Author) shows us the difference between the forms, a claim inconsistent with that will generally only be accepted as fact, if the reason, why there is this glaring inconsistency, is given.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am

Well when he fought Gohan, and Gohan never fought Cell as spc (Super Perfect Cell...?), Cell just disabled him and then had a short beam struggle with him so I think it's pretty clear copy (huh?) was referring to the battle he observed directly. Backing this up is Vegeta stating that Gohan was a lot weaker than when he fought Cell, however, and Goku saying Dabura was stronger than than he thought, so he had to be referring to perfect Cell.

Sorry for my grammar; my phone is auto-correcting like crazy.

Also, it's just more convenient that Dabura isn't just conveniently stronger than the last enemy the Z-fighters faced. Akira Toriyama is known for acrobatic storytelling.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 pm

So, it's like that:

Darbura >= Super Perfect Cell > Perfect Cell > Bojack

Right?