Kai Part 6 Discussion

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai Part 6 Discussion

Post by Arique » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:50 am

PuppetDoctor wrote:At the beginning it sounds like Sean Schemmel is singing Dragon Soul with her.
Nope. It's Justin Cook.
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:01 pm

It should be noted that the word "ass" is used for the first time ever in any English Dragon Ball anime.

The Battle Ball bus driver calls Cell a "dumb ass".

Many lulz were had.

EDIT: Whoops, no it wasn't.
Last edited by ohaimynameiserik on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:34 pm

ohaimynameiserik wrote:It should be noted that the word "ass" is used for the first time ever in any English Dragon Ball anime.

The Battle Ball bus driver calls Cell a "dumb ass".

Many lulz were had.
Actually, ass was used twice in Movie 7 by Android 13, and in the last Kai set when Yajirobe calls Yamcha a jackass ;)

spaceace998

Post by spaceace998 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 pm

I haven't watched any episodes yet, but I did a quick perusal and noticed that, as previously stated, Solar Flare is left untranslated twice, and Kamihamiha isn't fixed. Don't know if Kami House was fixed. Probably not... The laziness in correcting errors for these sets is increasing. I'm betting the brothers and sisters line won't be fixed for the season set at this rate :?
No more blah blah blah! - Captain Kirk

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:37 am

I, myself am pretty irritated at the recent cover art of the last 3 releases of this series. They all look way too similar for my taste. I liked the first 3 releases and how each featured a specific character. By the way, does anybody know haw many sets like this Kai is going to have? I was hoping 7, but it might be 8 I'm not sure.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 am

DanielGClapp wrote:I, myself am pretty irritated at the recent cover art of the last 3 releases of this series. They all look way too similar for my taste. I liked the first 3 releases and how each featured a specific character. By the way, does anybody know haw many sets like this Kai is going to have? I was hoping 7, but it might be 8 I'm not sure.
Well, Kai's final episode count is 98. Let's say the average number of episodes per set is 13, 98 divided by 13 is about 7.5. So, yeah, 8 sets is probably your best guess.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:32 am

damn 8 sets? So I need just two more and it'll be complete.. I'm not gonna lie.. Part 6 feels so short compared the other parts. I know they have the same amount of episodes but this one was different.

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:damn 8 sets? So I need just two more and it'll be complete.. I'm not gonna lie.. Part 6 feels so short compared the other parts. I know they have the same amount of episodes but this one was different.
May be it is because the end is coming and you can feel it :shock: . Or whatever :P .

funrush

Post by funrush » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:08 pm

So, any word on who is on the inside DVD covers? I hope it's 17 and Imperfect Cell/16.

spaceace998

Post by spaceace998 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:28 pm

funrush wrote:So, any word on who is on the inside DVD covers? I hope it's 17 and Imperfect Cell/16.
You'll be disappointed, disc one has Second Form Cell and disc two has Super Vegeta. Not too original for the covers this time.
No more blah blah blah! - Captain Kirk

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:damn 8 sets? So I need just two more and it'll be complete.. I'm not gonna lie.. Part 6 feels so short compared the other parts. I know they have the same amount of episodes but this one was different.
It has one less episode than the other sets.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:28 am

Just my opinion but when it comes to the artwork for DBZ/GT/Kai FUNimation is terrible at it.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:04 am

Gotham22 wrote:Just my opinion but when it comes to the artwork for DBZ/GT/Kai FUNimation is terrible at it.
They were doing just fine with the Kai sets............. until they decided to make the rest of them look like set 4.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 am

ohaimynameiserik wrote:
It has one less episode than the other sets.
Lol so it was shorter. :lol:

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am

Just got part 6. Looks good so far but... they use Solar Flare now instead of Taiyoken :S

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 am

gameleon wrote:Just got part 6. Looks good so far but... they use Solar Flare now instead of Taiyoken :S
Did they use Taiyoken before? I don't remember...

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
gameleon wrote:Just got part 6. Looks good so far but... they use Solar Flare now instead of Taiyoken :S
Well the last time the Solar Flare/Taiyoken was used was in Part 3 afaik... and its Taiyoken on the Part 3 Blu-ray's I own

SSJFrogGinyu

Post by SSJFrogGinyu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Got Part Six from Amazon today! Pre-ordered and received it on release day, just as they promised. I've decided to stretch out my viewing of the episodes, since Part Seven is likely a long ways away... but I'll probably end up watching them all tomorrow anyway! I watched up until Piccolo merged with Kami-sama and then stopped there.

So far the dub has been pretty easy to listen to. The only thing that really bugged me in this set was when Kuririn told Trunks everyone knew he was "that cute little bundle of joy Bulma was holding." For some reason that was very, very irritating to me. I think Sonny Strait's delivery crapped out for a moment there.

Question: I remember in the original DBZ, there was a flashback to Trunks' timeline that had an insert song. I watched it with the Japanese language track on the old singles DVD, but I can't quite remember what episode it was... but in 'Kai' there's a brief flash of the future with some of those same images, and then it's over very quickly. Is that the same place where the scene and the insert song was in the original 'Z?' Did Toei just shorten and cut it up for Kai? I would go and check, but I traded in my old singles DVDs long, long ago and the 'Kai' releases are the only DBZ anime I have.

And is it just me, or does Trunks have a slightly different English voice for Kai? I know it's still Eric Vale playing him, but his voice seems a little 'grittier' than it did in the old dub.

Oh, and I am disappointed! I wanted to hear what Imperfect Cell's voice sounded like (since it was so godawful in the old dub) but the episode ended right before he said anything. I am KICKING myself for stopping there! Maybe one more episode wouldn't hurt...

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:46 am

SSJFrogGinyu wrote:Is that the same place where the scene and the insert song was in the original 'Z?' Did Toei just shorten and cut it up for Kai? I would go and check, but I traded in my old singles DVDs long, long ago and the 'Kai' releases are the only DBZ anime I have.

And is it just me, or does Trunks have a slightly different English voice for Kai? I know it's still Eric Vale playing him, but his voice seems a little 'grittier' than it did in the old dub.

Oh, and I am disappointed! I wanted to hear what Imperfect Cell's voice sounded like (since it was so godawful in the old dub) but the episode ended right before he said anything. I am KICKING myself for stopping there! Maybe one more episode wouldn't hurt...
The only thing that was changed to the insert song scene is the length and the song itself :P. It's at the same place as Z, and end in the same abrupt way.

And it's true Eric Vale is using a somewhat more grittier voice for Kai. I don't mind it that much since I'm used to it now after part 5 and 6, but if I had to choose I prefer the tone of his original voice more at most points.

And as for Cell. Both his Imperfect and Semi-perfect forms have basically the same voice as in Z. The acting and voice-tone have been improved however, especially on Imperfect Cell.

But then again, the only voice and dialogue I really think is worse then Z is the "Rich Gingertown Guy". His lines just don't seem to "flow nicely". Luckily, he only survives for a minute or 2 :P

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Yes, but for some reason only when Krillin would use it. :?: