"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by Metrite » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Kanzenshuu home page wrote:Three exclusive cards featuring Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Goku, and Vegeta will be included with the August issue of V-Jump, which hits Japanese shelves today (21 June 2012)
I guess this statement was an error. Upon reading this, I decided to order this issue since I've been collecting various DBH cards. I got the issue today and the three non-DBH cards pictured on the top half of the cover were included, but there was no ssj3 Goku, Vegeta, or Gotenks included in this issue.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah, the cards aren't supposed to be included in the issue of V-jump, I don't know why Mike had that up there. The cards are part of the Ultimate Pack releases and are tied to some sort of giveaway from the magazine; supposedly you have to fill out a form or something and they will ship the cards to you, but only to local residents, so foreigners are screwed unless they know someone in Japan.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Just saw these on facebook

Awesome, GT Goten!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Awesome. GT Goten and Gohan are useless. But it's cool to see them ingame. That Japanese kid in the corner looks weird, hair too bright. So..... will there be a SSJ3 Bebi Vegeta? Because apparently SSJ3 is easy to attain nowadays.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Judging from their facial expressions, that looks to be Bebi Gohan, Bebi Goten and Bebi Trunks, who were pretty much assumed to be in when I posted the image of them from the GM3 announcement. But since this seems to be set up like GT Episode 29, it does kind of confirm that we won't be getting Bra... shame.

BTW, Bebi Vegeta's final form before the ape basically is SS3; increased hair length and shape change, lack of eyebrows...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 pm

We should be close to having SSj4 Goku next. The Super 17 saga set of cards should be interesting, maybe they will make a SSj Nappa since he did appear in that saga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 am

Please not SS Nappa.

I would like SS3 GT Vegeta as the next secret rare, or SS Pan, and I really want a SS4 Gohan as one of the final secret rares. :P
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:27 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:We should be close to having SSj4 Goku next. The Super 17 saga set of cards should be interesting, maybe they will make a SSj Nappa since he did appear in that saga.
We aren't sure if they are including any of Bebi Vegeta's transformations in GM3 yet. If they split them like they did in the first set and Rilld's forms, SS4 Goku could still be two sets away.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 am

Dammit, I really like the design of GT Gohan and Goten in-game. I would so love to have definitive Budokai game from Dimps with all these characters and definitive storyline of the 3 series.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 am

Oh man so much GT in this game...I am envious.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 am

Man, wouldn't it be fabulous if we got another Budokai game with all of DB Heroes models after this was all said and done?

Not very likely but I can dream...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Is this card real:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTREMELY-RAR ... 2a1898acc5

Not that I intend on buying it but I find it strange NB would base the cover of DB:UB off of a DB card, then again, they've done it in 2011 with the DB specials.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Is this card real:
Not that I intend on buying it but I find it strange NB would base the cover of DB:UB off of a DB card, then again, they've done it in 2011 with the DB specials.
The card is based on the cover, not the other way around. It was released alongside the game as a promotion.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 am

http://bandaitv.jp/streaming/dbhgm3_kdiw.asx

So far, this set will introduce; SS3 Gogeta, Goten (GT), SS Goten (GT), Gohan (GT), SS Gohan (GT), Bebi Vegeta

Bebi Goten, Bebi Gohan, Bebi Trunks appear to be in as well, but we don't have confirmation on if they are separate cards (Trunks: GT vs. Trunks: Bebi), or just a case of an "alternate costume" for the original characters. Also, if the video's choice of characters holds any special meaning, we may have a mission of Bebi Vegeta, Janenba, Slug and Coola.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 am

Bah, I can't watch those videos. Don't ever work for me for some reason.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:05 am

Saiga wrote:Bah, I can't watch those videos. Don't ever work for me for some reason.
It's not worth it for the 15 second videos anyway, I could have gathered all the new info the trailer offered from the thumbnail.

Starts with a drawing of Bebi Vegeta and a quick fade to the young Bebi on top of him. Then, it changes to a short ad for the 8 Sparking Campaign cards with SS3 Gogeta, an almost literal flash of him in action against Bebi Vegeta, Janenba, Slug and Coola in-game. Then finishes with the thumbnail of 4 cards from the set (typically Rares) and a VERY short mention of the Goku card given away with the V-Jump promotion.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am

I have to say, I'm *really* liking that they're including GT. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time we've seen reanimated scenes from GT? I'm anxious to see if anything new is expanded on.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Necrosaber wrote:If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time we've seen reanimated scenes from GT? I'm anxious to see if anything new is expanded on.
We have seen SS4 Goku in DBZ3 and SS4 Gogeta in Ultimate Blast openings.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 am

New animation:
Beat, Goku, Pan, Trunks, and Poll versus Bebi Goten, Bebi Gohan, and Bebi Vegeta: http://bandaitv.jp/streaming/dbh_gm3_sppv_aohl.asx

Cards:
ImageImageImageImageImage

New Characters:
SS3 Gogeta, Son Goten (GT), SS Son Goten (GT), Son Gohan (GT), SS Son Gohan (GT), Mr. Satan (GT)

Secret Character:
One guess...

Set Download
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/58cp2s1mq91u5i ... 1.rar?dl=1

Notes:
Commercial depicts Bebi infected characters, but there aren't any of them labeled as such in the set. The SS GT versions of Goten and Gohan look like they are sort of trying to depict their Bebi infected forms, though they lack the eyeliner...so I'm guessing there probably won't be separate cards for them.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 am

At long last we finally saw a complete animation from a Galaxy Mission. :)
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.