Dragon Ball without Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball without Vegeta

Post by Titan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Let's say, Akira Toriyama decides to Kill Vegeta in the Sayan saga.

What would have happened to the other characters? I mean, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha.
How do you see the future of the other characters in the manga?
Do you think that Toriyama would make them more powerful?
Last edited by Titan on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball without Vegeta

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Goku, Gohan, and Kuririn all die on Namek. Gurd kills both Gohan, and Kuririn because Vegeta wasn't there to cut his fucking head off then Goku dies in Ginyu's body because Vegeta wasn't there to beat up Ginyu.

The End. :lol:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Earlier than that. Kwi, Dodoria or Zarbon would've killed off Gohan, Krillin and Bulma.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Goku dies of a viral heart disease because there's nobody to give him an antidote.
Also maybe BULMA dies like others have said.
Without Vegeta or Bulma, Trunks wouldn't have been conceived.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm

What makes you guys think that Gohan and Krillin and Bulma would be spotted by any of Freeza's men? They wait for Goku to get there and start working from there. They would still probably die, but only because Goku doesn't get the zenkai from losing to Vegeta, when he's in Ginyu's body.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure the OP meant how would he have continued the story without him obviously he wouldn't have everyone die.

Kiwi came to the planet following Vegeta so he wouldn't be there.

They'd get as far as escaping from Dodoria but then I don't know where it would go.

Nail could kill Zarbon and Dodoria if he got them away from Freeza, and I'm not sure he'd bother calling the Ginyu force in without Vegeta and having not had the in between conflicts.

He might have simply wrote Freeza as being weaker/having less forms.

The gang may have been able to gather the DB's and evacuate Namek before having to fight Freeza
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm

If Gohan, Bluma and Kuririn did die on Namek then Goku could have turn SSj and might have killed Freeza before he blows up the Planet. Without Vegeta then Trunks would have never been born and no one would have stop both #17 & #18.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I like the idea of Nail being the one to kill Zarbon and Dodoria in Vegeta's place. Nail would also probably be forced to help fight the Ginyuu, too. Of course, that leaves the Grand Elder to talk Freeza down from attacking on his own. "Kill me and the Dragon Balls becomes useless!" "Damn, well then how about I kill that brat I saw on the way here?" "Do that and I'll never help." "I'll make it slow and painful." The fate of the universe would come down to the Grand Elder's stomach for seeing the fruit of his loins plucked. Then again, by the time Freeza finds Dende would Gokuu have arrived? Would Gokuu have beaten the Reacoom and Burta in time for Nail to try and save Dende? Maybe Nail does arrive and slows Freeza down long enough for Gokuu to finish off Commander Ginyuu, heal in an the newest model of healing tank, and confront Freeza? All the meanwhile Polunga having brought Piccolo back. Hmmm...
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm

TobyS wrote:I'm pretty sure the OP meant how would he have continued the story without him obviously he wouldn't have everyone die.
Yes, that's what i meant.
I meant how Toriyama would handle the other characters.
Do you think that he would make them more powerful?

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 pm

I bet Akira would have had Nail help out Krillin and Gohan and actually fight with them. Either that or make Gohan and Krillin stronger somehow. Maybe have Krillin kill dodoria with a kienzan or something..

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:02 pm

As the Toribot said, "Dragonball is one of those series where if you change anything everything changes and the end result is everyone getting killed".

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am

There is no DBZ without Vegeta.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I guess AT might have Gohan travel to the past to everyone about #17 & #18. Knowing Gohan then he would have let Goku finish off Freeza on Earth and try not ruin the timeline. I also guess in the Buu Saga that Babidi would have mind control Piccolo if he didn't turn into stone.
She/Her

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Why does everyone keep saying that the future events will happen? What if Toriyama killed off Vegeta, and the Freeza, Android, and Cell saga cease to exist within the universe? Remember, Dragon Ball since Fry Pan Mountain was written on a whim.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

It would be interesting how the movies and GT would play out without Vegeta. I guess Goku would have killed Janemba by screaming insults directly at him and Bebi would have taken over Gohan's body instead. I guess Vegeta would have escape out of Hell in the Super 17 saga or maybe team up with Cell and Freeza in Hell.
She/Her

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 pm

sonikku956 wrote:Why does everyone keep saying that the future events will happen? What if Toriyama killed off Vegeta, and the Freeza, Android, and Cell saga cease to exist within the universe? Remember, Dragon Ball since Fry Pan Mountain was written on a whim.
Fine Ill rephrase. There is no current DBZ we all know and love. Plus Vegeta was a relatable character that went through a lot of development. It would really suck to see him go.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:47 pm

I can't imagine Yamcha or Kuririn's absence being too consequential.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanos wrote:I can't imagine Yamcha or Kuririn's absence being too consequential.
Without Yamcha, Bulma remains a carrot, and Goku is beaten to death by the Rabbit Gang.

Alternatively, Bulma remains a carrot, and Goku dies of dehydration in the desert.

Either way, everybody's screwed when Raditz shows up.

Without Kuririn, there's nobody to throw the Genki-Dama at Vegeta, so Vegeta kills them all. There's probably something earlier on, but you get the idea.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm

I don't think you realize these repercussions of taking Vegeta out of the story. If Vegeta wasn't alive, everyone would have died BEFORE the end of DB. Why?

Without Vegeta, Raditz would have come looking for Kakarot on Earth way, WAY earlier because Nappa and him needed more help to purge the planets. Let's give Goku enough time to have been at the end of his training with Roshi and Krillin. Raditz arrives, kills the old man and the bald midget. Goku can't do shit at this level and Raditz simply beats the living crap out of Kakarot and starts purging the planet.

I don't think Bulma can search for the Dragon Balls as some of them were already being hunted by the Red Ribbon. In the best case scenario, Raditz obliterates the Red Ribbon army + Taoi Pai Pai first and inadvertently allows Bulma to gather the rest of the Dragonballs in hopes to stop this new menace. She would need Yamcha's help for most of the way, specially on the Pirate Cave which I doubt they can survive easily. Let's say that they gather the dragonballs... What do they wish then? Shenlong will tell them he can't kill Raditz. Maybe send him to the sun? lol? Bulma and Yamcha find Goku wounded and help him back to health. Goku gets a Zenkai.

In any case, Nappa would come afterwards to see what the hell happened to Raditz, Goku's Zenkai is not enough even transformed as a giant ape and it would be game over.

Unless Nappa also engages on slave trading no one would be left alive.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm

The thread is about what would happen if Kuririn had killed Vegeta with Yajirobe's sword, not if Vegeta never existed.