Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 pm

mistershin wrote:
2. Your wrong, its 100% Canon. Go read manga.
To be fair, that part of the manga was made when Dragon Ball was written as a comedy manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Ryuman wrote:The characters can wear whatever they want, why does this need any explanation at all?
Right? Ever since I saw the Jump Special, I always thought "why not?" (plus the reasons Thanos and others explained are logical).

But regardless, some fans were startled by it and made comments about it, so it's undoubtedly a reaction members of the staff had too, as I said.
Like the rest, I can't imagine it's some sort of "mistake gone unnoticed", it all must be just their deliberate choices, cause they have hundreds of people on their side that could come up with a "woops, there must be a mistake here because [blabla], I think we should tell them and have that corrected".

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Also, I don't see the big deal about King Kai's planet being in the movie. Is it completely out of the question that perhaps someone, maybe Kibito Kai, restores his planet in the 10 years after the Buu saga?
That's quite obvious, regardless, i don't know how people can speak about mistakes if the movie isn't out yet.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Precisely.
All we can do is wait and watch the actual movie to see if there's an explanation, cause there might be one. As far as I'm concerned, I think the staff knows what they're doing and do it on a certain purpose (which does not mean that I always agree with those choices, but let's say I don't think they're just "mistakes").

After the movie's been released, if it happens that some things are left unexplained, people will be able to properly choose to find their own explanation or consider those things a blatant mistake, much like they'll be able to choose if this movie is canon or not for them after they've watched and evaluated its content.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:50 pm

worldmonsters wrote:Has anyone noticed... why is North Kaio's planet... back? :o Maybe it's a flashback to just after Goku had 'defeated' Freeza :p Wasn't there also something weird with the symbol on Goku's shirt, it being an older version? :p Maybe Goku being beaten takes place somewhere earlier in the story? :p
Maybe he bought a new one off Craig's List.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Herms wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:Has anyone noticed... why is North Kaio's planet... back? :o Maybe it's a flashback to just after Goku had 'defeated' Freeza :p Wasn't there also something weird with the symbol on Goku's shirt, it being an older version? :p Maybe Goku being beaten takes place somewhere earlier in the story? :p
Maybe he bought a new one off Craig's List.
Well this is other world. I'm sure Kaio Sama can find someone that can give him a new planet.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:57 pm

It just sucks that a lot of us will have to wait 1 year+ to have an official release outside of Japan.

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm101 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Also, I don't see the big deal about King Kai's planet being in the movie. Is it completely out of the question that perhaps someone, maybe Kibito Kai, restores his planet in the 10 years after the Buu saga?
This sounds likely. I bet Kibitoshin could probably just conjure up a new planet with his magic materialization ability.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Ryuman wrote:It just sucks that a lot of us will have to wait 1 year+ to have an official release outside of Japan.
Hey, it could be worse: The first Dragon Ball movie didn't get a proper Funi release until 2010.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Herms wrote:Hey, it could be worse: The first Dragon Ball movie didn't get a proper Funi release until 2010.
Jeez... I've never even watched it. I've not seen a lot of things, actually. It's just that this is the first bit of Dragon Ball animation that I've been consciously aware of through the build up to release.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Ryuman wrote:It just sucks that a lot of us will have to wait 1 year+ to have an official release outside of Japan.
Yeah I'm kind of holding on to hope that it will receive some kind of broader theaterical release. Funimation hasn't even dubbed ANY of the new animation that's come out in recent years. Not jump special, bardock or plan to eradicate the saiyans. And in the case of that last one, it makes little sense to me... I know the rights are purportedly owned by Bandai. But they provide the voices for the video game which is published by Bandai soooo ???? Speaking of which it's also lame that there is no official release of any of these things outside video games, one of which you cannot watch without a Kinect. I got rid of my connect so now I can't watch it anymore. :( The only reason I have Heya Son Goku is because I won the Japanese dvd through Kanzentai a few years ago (which I am really glad I did, wish I had Episode of Bardock/Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans too).

At least with the Jump special TOEI was awesome and gave english speaking audiences a chance to watch it streamed online, that was so nice of them to do. I am not quite sure why Funimation hasn't dubbed bardock though, doesn't TOEI own all the rights to that one? Currently Team Fourstar are the only ones who have made a good dub of it and that's pretty funny that the best english version we have of it is just a parody.

I'm really starting to worry the same fate will befall this new movie. I don't want to have to download some version of it where it's being recorded off the theater's screen. I really want to see it at least get a theatrical release abroad... I'd pay to be there day 1 whether it's subtitled or dubbed. And when it does get a home video release, I hope it's on Blu-Ray and not just DVD because the HD animation won't get a chance to really shine if they don't put it out on Blu-Ray.

:(

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 pm

bleed0range wrote:
Currently Team Fourstar are the only ones who have made a good dub of it and that's pretty funny that the best english version we have of it is just a parody.
This is off topic, but you're wrong. There's another quite good fandub of it out, and you can find it on youtube.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:33 pm

sangofe wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
Currently Team Fourstar are the only ones who have made a good dub of it and that's pretty funny that the best english version we have of it is just a parody.
This is off topic, but you're wrong. There's another quite good fandub of it out, and you can find it on youtube.
I'll look around but either way my point was that we shouldn't have to be fan dubbing everything.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Herms wrote:
Hey, it could be worse: The first Dragon Ball movie didn't get a proper Funi release until 2010.
I have a feeling this movie will take forever to get dubbed! Well all be old and have grey hair haha.

Going to buy the original version as soon as I get.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm doubting it'll take as long for FUNi to get this. It doesn't have the same roadblocks a few of the other most recent animations have had, and they've already nabbed One Piece: Strong World. Just no telling when it'll come out.

I figure this they'd jump on ASAP and get it out pretty fast too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm

I hope they release an art book for BOG like they did with Strong World. That would be fantastic. *_* And I would so purchase it. (All the Toriyama arts~)

Also! Anyone on the forums going to Jump Festa? I'm curious about if Kanzenshuu will be able cover the DB-related parts of the event from on-location.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm

I'd love a key animation book, but I'm not sure if Toei will think their animation is worth it...
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:22 pm

I wonder if they're going to do a limited edition Blu-ray release like they did with strong world. :o If so, I hope the preorders don't sell out within the hour considering how fast the Episode of Bardock DVD did....
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm

If they explain why Kaio's planet is back, cool. If they don't, it's a plot hole. Too early to tell.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Saiga wrote:If they explain why Kaio's planet is back, cool. If they don't, it's a plot hole. Too early to tell.
Just because something isnt explained doesnt mean its a plot hole. Kaio Sama could have easily gotten a master of materialization to do it *cough* Kibito Kaioshin *cough*. Heck its been a couple years for all we know Goku used the dragon to give Kaio Sama's planet back after complaining so much. Then there is the fact that all the Kaio planets look the same based on the Other World filler arc so it could just be another Kaio's planet.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946